Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 am

coasterbill wrote:Is it good news? You might re-think that when you taste it. :lol:

I'll be trying it this Saturday if it's open. Since I have the dining pass I will be overjoyed if it turns out to be even slightly tolerable.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:51 am

Supposedly the park is bringing back the pink things. Not to be confused with the garbage stuff they had been trying to sell the last few seasons. There supposed to be legit like the original. If this is true, best 2019 addition for SFOT.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:59 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Is it good news? You might re-think that when you taste it. :lol:

I'll be trying it this Saturday if it's open. Since I have the dining pass I will be overjoyed if it turns out to be even slightly tolerable.

as I noted in my SFFT report from last Sat, they are changing over the Panda Express to Chop Six there too.

and that one went from fully operating Panda Express in early Feb, to middle of re-construction/re-branding on 2/16.

so, yeah.. they seem to be a quick change over (I suspect they don't need to do any changes at all in kitchen set up). . so might be open for ya.

I never ate at Panda Express, even before we had dining plan. . so don't expect that to change for us even if Chop Six is an option. . but you never know. and it is nice to have more choices.

Canobie Coaster wrote:For the Tourbillion, did you ride it with the ride mostly empty? I got awesome rides of SFGAdv's with a mostly empty vehicle, but it struggled to flip with a full load.

Out of 4-5 rides I took on it, the majority were full carriage, and still got full flips.. but there were one or two where it just felt like we were swinging back and forth.

so maybe it's just the luck of the draw program wise?

I will say that sitting in an outermost seat gave me the best rides, as the Head/Foot chopper effects from the spinning pipes really add to the effect.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 am

Great Adventure's had 2-3 flips at the very beginning with a full load and then switched to just rocking.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Houston Thrills » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:45 pm

bert425 wrote:
as I noted in my SFFT report from last Sat, they are changing over the Panda Express to Chop Six there too.

and that one went from fully operating Panda Express in early Feb, to middle of re-construction/re-branding on 2/16.

Just a note, I believe Panda at SFFT has been closed since at least early December, but it looks like they're doing a lot of work there, including rebuilding the entire awning above it. I think there was probably a lot of work to be done inside, as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby darkleafar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:08 pm

Hate to ask, and I am working on weight loss, but I haven’t been in many years and since the accident not sure how things changed.

I am 5 11 , male, and weight fluctuates from 298 to 302. Most of my fat on my belly and thighs . I do understand it is very difficult to tell because body shape is more important, but I was hoping someone of similar features has been there more recently than me. Any input appreciated.

If it helps, my more recent trip was to Universal Studios (Cali) March of last year, and the only thing I did not fit was the Harry Potter. I fit in Mummy and everything else fine

Postby bert425 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Houston Thrills wrote:
bert425 wrote:

Just a note, I believe Panda at SFFT has been closed since at least early December, but it looks like they're doing a lot of work there, including rebuilding the entire awning above it. I think there was probably a lot of work to be done inside, as well.

dunno about that, since I was there in early Feb, and tho as noted, I never ate there? would have noticed if it was closed, and did not notice.

but hey, could be mistaken.

an Asian style restaurant changing over to an Asian style restaurant?
seriously doubt any kitchen remodel was needed, since the kitchen would have been set up to produce the same kinds of food, and would still require the same type of cooking set up/equipment.

they are changing the front of the building tho (obviously new signage), and painting - hence the awning is being redone too.

here's the pic from last weekend that I took, once wall/sign went up.
IMG_6609.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Timh121 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:51 pm

Coastercowboy wrote:Some news from the ACE Winterfest event in Arlington. According to the park;

- Yosemite Sam's Gold River Adventure will be opening back up, at some point. The timeframe was not given.
- The Oil Derrick will be re-opening this year, as well
- The park announced "Splash! Water Parade" that will take place a couple times a day during July and August
- There will be nanocoasters for both New Texas Giant and Titan.

Also a Coasting for Kids event will take place at some point this season. Date was not given.

Is the part about Yosemite Sam really true? Because I cant find any Winterfest update that says that. Thank you in advance

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Sportsdude360 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:19 am

Hopefully, this will be opening soon!
20190223_181615.jpg

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Coastercowboy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:13 am

The news about Yosemite Sam came directly from the park during an ACE event in Arlington, last month. I was kind of surprised to hear that, due to the extensive damage, but I am happy that they will be repairing it. I will be at the park next weekend and see if there is any work being done.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!