TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^Ok, yes it will be a capacity nightmare but have it this way. Say the train has 16 seats per train, and they dispatch the train within 1 min. Doing the math here per hour

X16

--------

Now they would be able to dispatch 960 riders per hour, which is still a decent riders per hour (RPH) rate. Of course this is Six Flags and it can be less RPH rate and then this coaster can experience severe downtime but at this point we never know.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Plus, the trains hold 12 people (assuming the concept video holds true), so that really makes it 720 theoretically, which we all know is basically impossible.

The good news is the layout is very short, so if Six Flags operators want to be stupid fast, the block system definitely allows it (as opposed to a ride like GhostRider). However that also means very heavy stacking is possible, so we'll see.

I'd say you should go in expecting 7-min dispatches, frequent breakdowns, and 4-5+hour long lines. That way you have a pretty good chance of being pleasantly surprised when it's (hopefully) not as bad.

^Very true! I hope I get down to Kentucky Kingdom to ride it this year.

Also, long lines on Maxx Force also mean shorter lines in the rest of the park. Raging Bull, Superman Ultimate Flight, and Goliath will be long, but hopefully not as much. Especially Vertical Velocity, since now there is another launched coaster in the park.

Plus, the trains hold 12 people (assuming the concept video holds true), so that really makes it 720 theoretically, which we all know is basically impossible.

All the ride animations we've seen so far definitely have 12 seats per train. However, at No Coaster Con, their slides said that they would have riders 16 per train: See here. Of course it's possible that it's a simple typo, but it's also possible that they've decided to add an extra car. Guess we'll find out when the trains arrive.

Either way, I'd expect the capacity to be pretty low. The extra car would be nice, but then it would mean that they have to check 4 more seats per train.

Just to provide a comparison: From my experience, Raging Bull dispatches a train every 100 seconds. Using the formula Capacity = (3600 / Seconds Per Dispatch) * Riders Per Train, this gives Raging Bull a capacity of 1,296 people. For Maxx Force to hit 1,296 people per hour, it would need a dispatch every 44 seconds. I think we can agree that won't ever happen.

Prepare for a long line!

Unless I'm nuts I thought they said the ride length was 70 seconds. Obviously that is not the actual ride. So at best that means from when they check the restraints to when the restraints are released since the ride is more like 27 seconds. Assuming there is zero time to load the train and there are 16 seats per train like they said in the slides....then capacity is 822 per hour. Figure in load times and other misc. And they would be lucky to hit 700 PH in my opinion

I was looking at a picture of the ride and it seems there might be brake brackets on the dive into the station - but over 90 degrees. Geez, they'd have YOLO coaster beat on steepness of brakes. "First coaster with brakes while still upside-down."

Drove past the park yesterday, the ride isn't very attractive. I suppose black and white paint is the cheapest.

5 minutes if you count sitting in brakes

Sorry, had to. (In reality, I think Six Flags is aware of it's efficiency history and has been doing something about it, especially Great America.) I'm sure it will be a fun ride!

Think of the view we'll get of Whizzer.

^ Haha. True.

Drove past the park yesterday, the ride isn't very attractive. I suppose black and white paint is the cheapest.

Can't be any worse than Steel Curtain. Two words: Mustard Yellow.

^ Haha. True.

Can't be any worse than Steel Curtain. Two words: Mustard Yellow.

Actually... I love what that ride looks like. It's very Pittsburgh. But it would suck if we all agreed.