Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 781 - Cyborg Hyper Drive Media Day
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Highridin » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:I went through and gave them my clicks for the entertainment value. Just wanted to post here and mention how hilarious it was when they mentioned Nickelodeon Universe as a disappointment. They're talking about Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and other major parks, and they're disappointed that a little kiddie park in a mall isn't the great park on Earth. Hilarious.

EXACTLY! Entertainment value only. Was tempted to put in every forum to see how many get mad/ start back and forths on what should or should not be in the list. Didn't do it though.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:49 pm

That article was complete crap. Park isn’t perfect but it’s definitely not in disrepair.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Apparently the Cyborg ride is going to be called Cyborg Hyper Drive, as said on the description for the Six Flags site when you look up "six flags cyborg hyper drive." But on the site itself, it's still called Cyborg.

Also, I hate how the Six Flags press release, and thus everywhere else, call the DC Super Villain (Six Flags terminology) as "The Grid," when I know exactly which character they are referring to and know his name is just "Grid." The sole place on the Net you'll see his correct name be used in this context is the ride's page on the Six Flags Wiki, which I created and edited. I wonder why they're using Grid if he apparently last appeared in the New 52. Injustice 2, maybe? (Does that mean he's still in the Rebirth?! Haven't caught up with the Cyborg comics because I only have volume 1.) Speaking of, I find Grid's voice in Injustice 2 strangely hot (on the same level of hotness as Cyborg's voice) and hope he has that voice, with added emotion (because Six Flags don't care about continuity! Hooray!) in the ride.

I hope I can take my singing and dancing fun to the park this June.
THE GRID

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 pm

boldikus wrote:
Highridin wrote:Wait, SFNE is in disrepair?

[Clickbait]

Clickbait is clickbait. Why even post that crap here?

Sluggo77 wrote:That article was complete crap. Park isn’t perfect but it’s definitely not in disrepair.

That's why.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:11 am

Highridin wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:I went through and gave them my clicks for the entertainment value. Just wanted to post here and mention how hilarious it was when they mentioned Nickelodeon Universe as a disappointment. They're talking about Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and other major parks, and they're disappointed that a little kiddie park in a mall isn't the great park on Earth. Hilarious.

EXACTLY! Entertainment value only. Was tempted to put in every forum to see how many get mad/ start back and forths on what should or should not be in the list. Didn't do it though.

In fairness to the article, it just looks like whoever wrote it prefers the theme parks, and doesn't really enjoy the amusement parks. So they're just not going to appreciate the things that people who just want coasters and don't care about theming care about.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:26 pm

So we didn't get a January announcement at all for the Cyborg ride, besides a leaked title, "Cyborg: Hyper Drive." "Hyper Drive" could be referring to the device in the storyline, but I'm more concerned about if "The Grid" is supposed to be Grid or not. It probably is, because I've heard Grid called that before (on the TV Tropes page for Justice League: Forever Evil, to be specific.) And besides, they said it was a "sentient cybernetic system." Obviously Grid.

Now I just wanna know how his voice will sound. Because I fucking love that Injustice 2 voice, even if it's Cyborg speaking in monotone pitched down. (Aw great, because I said "Cyborg speaking in monotone," that means I have to bring up the Justice League webcomic idea I have where Grid invades Cyborg's brain to steal his emotions, and Cyborg ends up sounding monotonous. We now return to your regular Six Flags New England discussion.)
THE GRID

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Hello? Any news? I'm really missing Supe and WC......I need my fix....hows the new ride coming along?

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby logrog04 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:00 am

So is cyborg going to be in the Hall Of Justice building?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Home Parks: Six Flags New England & Six Flags Great Escape
The Comet is the best!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:29 am

I don't know if it has been confirmed, but I'm pretty sure that's where it's going. It used to have their Chance Wipeout (formerly Joker's Wildcard and now Kryptonite Kollider) in there so spatially it should be able to fit an almost identical ride.

Plus Hall of Justice was closed at the end of last year.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby logrog04 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:09 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I don't know if it has been confirmed, but I'm pretty sure that's where it's going. It used to have their Chance Wipeout (formerly Joker's Wildcard and now Kryptonite Kollider) in there so spatially it should be able to fit an almost identical ride.

Plus Hall of Justice was closed at the end of last year.

I hope they keep the DC Meet and Greet in the park. when I was a little kid going to Six Flags was great because I could “hang out with superman”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Home Parks: Six Flags New England & Six Flags Great Escape
The Comet is the best!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!