Last concert you attended?

Yes, nerdom has reached a whole new level...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Last concert you attended?

Postby bert425 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:31 pm

Last night, FANTASTIC set by Spear of Destiny (the band Kirk Brandon formed after leaving Theater of Hate).

They had a couple of minor US hits in the late 80's (videos below), but were much more popular in the UK.

first tour in many years, and only a smallish number of stops - but included Austin.

not many folks came out to support them, but just a fantastic sounding show - guitars clear as a bell, and his vocals are as great as they ever were. Interestingly, they are touring as a 4 piece, since the Bass player is ill, but they made due with keyboard bass, and it wasn't even noticeable. . course that could be why the guitars were so great sounding.

really, really good set, and of course got to hang out with Kirk and chat after the show.
sounds like we might be getting a full on Theater of Hate reunion tour sometime in 2019. .so really looking forwards to that.

if you're not familiar with Spear of Destiny (or Theater of Hate). . I'd describe them as a nice mix of Post-Punk & Folk music.

good stuff, and they put on a fantastic show.

here's their biggest USA "hit". . but they did NOT play it - which I thought was brilliant:

but after the smallish crowd begged for one more song, they broke out the Brilliant "Liberator". .which they hardly ever play live, and haven't been playing on this tour.
When it really kicks in around the 2 minute mark, the whole club was just bouncing

IMG_6632.jpg
IMG_6635.jpg
IMG_6639.jpg
IMG_6642.jpg
IMG_6643.jpg
IMG_6645.jpg
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ajc47 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:25 pm

So far in 2019 I have seen Iced Earth, Nightwish and Sacred Reich here in Cleveland. A good start to the year.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:39 am

Deicide in Manchester, NH. Got to kick off a bucket list entry.

The Absence: KINDA the odd band out on the bill, but they played a lot of their heavy songs. Also absolutely killed it, with tons of energy and crowd engagement. A lot of people clearly didn't know them, but they won over the crowd by the first song.
Jungle Rot: Definitely a "see 'em live" band, but they were fun. Dunno what Jimmy did to his leg, but he had a BAD limp.
Origin: It's Origin. 'Nuff said. Tore the place apart and had the best set of the night.
Deicide: Didn't move too much (aside from the new guitarist), but they were clearly enjoying themselves onstage, and people were losing their minds for them. I liked the setlist, too; plenty of old-school songs, but just enough stuff from the new album and songs from their good modern albums to keep things fresh.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Last concert was Kenny Chesney at Van Andel Arena in early April. Very good show with lots of crowd energy! Also very interesting seeing him in an arena as I had seen him before at Ford Field.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Spring Awakening Music Festival (6/9)
Dead and Company - Wrigley Field (6/14)
Phish - Blossom Music Center (6/19)

First time catching a show at Blossom Music Center (Cuyahoga Falls, OH). What a tremendous venue.
Been you to have any spike, man?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Phish- Alpine Valley (7/12, 7/14)
Been you to have any spike, man?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 am

Godspeed You! Black Emperor, last Saturday. Absolutely phenomenal.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:24 am

I hate to double post, but I just got tickets for the Vampire Weekend show in two weeks and I'm beyond excited. :D

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:48 pm

my next show is Thursday: Berlin, OMD, & B-52's

followed in ~2 weeks by lots of shows at Dragon*con (but mainly Cruxshadows)

then on 9/16: Pop Will Eat Itself

&

9/19: Nitzer Ebb

so my live music Summer slowdown is ramping back up . . finally!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:44 am

^ I really wanted to go to DragonCon just for Cruxshadows, but I'll be out of town for that whole weekend. Like, I'm not complaining, because I'll be at WDW, but still. Boo urns. :( Have a good time, Bert!

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random