Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1017 - Yukon Striker Front Seat POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:21 am

I was making a joke that it's not a roller coaster until they send a train... as for now, it's just a piece of metal.

Edit: You know what... fffk it. Next time I won't explain and I can just let the comments from the easily offended rain.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby mark549 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:24 am

Standing But Not Yet Operating.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 am

Canada’s Wonderland has sent us a press release announcing that the last piece of track for Yukon Striker has been installed!

ACCA95CF-EFF8-4967-B31A-68DFF3A2C5B0.jpeg

The last piece of roller coaster track for Yukon Striker was just installed at Canada’s Wonderland, marking the completion of what will be the fastest, tallest and longest dive roller coaster in the world.

The construction project began in January 2018 with the excavation of Yukon Striker’s underwater tunnel and finished with the last piece of track just installed on the highly anticipated 360-degree loop. Yukon Striker will dive 90 degrees, 75 metres down, soaring past neighbouring coaster Vortex and hitting a top speed of 130 km/h through the tunnel. Yukon Striker spans just over 1,100 metres in length and consists of 107 track sections which weigh a total of 1,213 metric tonnes. It requires 42 support columns and will feature floorless trains with stadium-style seating in three rows of eight.

“Our talented team has worked for more than a year to bring this complex project to completion,” said Peter Switzer, Director of Construction and Maintenance at Canada’s Wonderland. “At times it’s like solving a puzzle as we integrate a massive roller coaster into the park’s landscape with our existing rides, park utilities and underground infrastructure.”

Next, the trains will be installed while the loading station and landscaping are completed. After that, the park will begin a thorough ride testing process, which includes running each train through hundreds of cycles around the track; the initial passengers are water dummies that simulate rider weight.
1BBAC0EE-F89D-473A-B05B-E732253F813D.jpeg
98A02BD8-1CE8-497A-B356-E8C6824E4DD0.jpeg
BC3DB2AC-5D93-4863-9D78-5E1138D4F8BA.jpeg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:05 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby SbSteveZ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:04 am

Married a Canadian wrote:
Bullshit. Yukon Striker isn't the tallest fastest anything

Pretty sure it is the tallest and fastest DIVE coaster named "Yukon Striker". That is good enough for me, pretty sure it will be good enough for a large proportion of Wonderland visitors this year. Does it really matter otherwise?

Fixed ;)
Last Coaster: The Dark Knight @ Great Adventure
120TH COASTER: Superman: Ultimate Flight @ Great Adventure
RIDE ON

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Cool. I know this ride is probably already a meme but honestly I think it looks good. Dive coasters are fun...until the MCBR. Thats the only real issue. The drop is great and the immelman helix part I found quite forceful esp on Valravn like I was getting some blur vision from it! But then all that is killed by running into the MCBR and the rest of the ride is lame.
FINALLY a park got it right and has a dive coaster actually do stuff before the MCBR. And a 246 ft vertical drop? That is gunna be pretty nuts.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:38 pm

E
dit: You know what... fffk it. Next time I won't explain and I can just let the comments from the easily offended rain.

Easily offended is a fairly loose definition. I missed the "point" of your joke...I sort of get it now.
The problem is that there are some "coaster enthusiasts" out there who aren't joking and will say every negative thing possible about the ride because it isn't "x y or z". Unfortunately I thought you were one of those with that original comment. I wasn't offended......just "bored" with what I saw as criticism (wrongly) of the ride. My bad.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Johnlloyd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 am

Just in case if anyone was wondering, Orbiter is up for sale on Ital International. Hopefully it finds a new home since it is one of the last three known Huss Skylab/Giant Enterprise rides to operate Worldwide! :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby fredoflasvegas » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:54 am

When is the best time of the summer to hit Canada's Wonderland to avoid huge crowds?

Asking for a friend.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Johnlloyd » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm

fredoflasvegas wrote:When is the best time of the summer to hit Canada's Wonderland to avoid huge crowds?

Asking for a friend.

Historically, any weekday starting in May through mid-July is a good time to visit. Although the opening of Yukon Striker may make the park busier than ever before, given its publicity. But I don't think we'll see huge crowds there until July and August as that is when most people visit the park. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:31 am

I swore that there was a Drury Inn like right across the street from CW, but when I Google "closest hotel to CW" all I get are ones a couple of miles away or more.

Did I dream this is or something? :lol:

My sister and husband are planning their first ever trip to CW this summer to ride Yukon Striker (she LOVES dive coasters) and they were looking for lodging suggestions near the park...the closer the better.

I told her that I'd not trust Google and that I had more reliable sources on TPR. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!