Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:19 pm

What an amazing festival. I could easily spend an entire day there just eating and enjoying the art stuffs. :lover:

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:30 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I am so excited to finally experience this event this year!

Same!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:28 am

New Play Pavilion Coming to Epcot as Part of Theme Park’s Historic Multi-Year Transformation

Innovative environment joins lineup of new and recently announced
enhancements to the Walt Disney World Resort theme park

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Feb. 21, 2019) – Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort is a theme park
overflowing with possibilities fueled by curiosity, wonder, optimism, belonging and human
imagination. Through Disney magic, the park inspires guests to see the real world in more
fantastic ways.

Today, Disney announced several new enhancements for Epcot, including a new play pavilion,
a reimagined main entrance and an Experience Center showcasing the park’s future. These are
the latest additions to a robust lineup of new projects already announced for the park.
“Epcot has always been, and always will be, an optimistic celebration of the real world that is
brought to life through the magic of Disney,” said George A. Kalogridis, president, Walt Disney
World Resort. “The exciting plans we have on the horizon will honor Epcot’s rich legacy of
creativity and innovation while continuing to exceed the expectations of our guests for decades
to come.”

The new pavilion in development will include first-of-their-kind experiences devoted to playful
fun, inviting guests into an innovative, interactive city bursting with games and hands-on
activities. Friends and family will interact with favorite Disney characters in an energetic
metropolis unlike anything ever seen before at Epcot. The as-yet-unnamed space will come to
life under the vast dome of the pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life (more recently the
Festival Center) and will debut to guests in time for the Walt Disney World Resort 50th
anniversary.

“This innovative, new pavilion is beyond anything we’ve ever created and is completely unique
to Epcot,” said Zach Riddley, portfolio executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “Built on the power
of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create and
interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold
vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”
Two more exciting new projects were also revealed today:

• Changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance, where the plaza will welcome guests
with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain. This new
design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic
elements. As part of this new entry experience, Leave A Legacy photos will move into a
beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway. Additional significant redevelopment will
begin between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Promenade; more details about
the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date.

• Guests will be able to visualize the exciting plans for Epcot when doors open later this
year on a new Experience Center in the Odyssey Events Pavilion. They will discover
engaging and interactive exhibits that showcase the relentless innovation, energy and
excitement driving the future of the park all throughout this unprecedented period of
transformation.

“Epcot is beloved for its focus on imagination, innovation, fun, food and family,” said Kalogridis.
“It’s a timeless place where the real is made fantastic through the magic of Disney. It has a very
bright future ahead and the best part is that we’ve only just begun to dream.”

These new announcements join other projects already underway as part of the Epcot evolution.
Larger-than-life Super Heroes will descend upon the park with the opening of a Guardians of the
Galaxy-themed attraction. This new experience will be one of the longest enclosed roller
coasters in the world and feature a brand-new ride system when it also opens in time for the
Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.

Other exciting new developments underway at Epcot include:

• Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the
number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris

• “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the
pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France

• Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show

• Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan

• Space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE, inviting guests to
travel high above the earth for an unforgettable dining experience

• Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon
set to classic Epcot tunes, followed by an all-new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020
256_Overall_February2019_FINAL for release.jpg
Epcot entry birdseye_FINAL-022019.jpg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:53 am

Looks really great. I’m so glad to see EPCOT getting so much love.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:07 am

I love the rides in Future World but aside from Mission Space, Spaceship Earth and a few other select areas I feel like the entire area looks like it's stuck in 1982 as you walk around. To me it sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to everything else at the resort. This is great news and I'd love to see them continue to pour money into Future World in the coming years.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:46 am

Glad to see Wonders of Life finally getting some much needed updates! =)
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:02 am

I love all of these announcements! The entrance plaza facelift is filled with lots of nice touches and those that enjoyed Leave A Legacy (or purchased a tile) will be thrilled to learn that their portraits will still be displayed at the entrance of the park in a new location. The play pavilion looks like a really neat concept and having been fond of the preview-center style experiences like the Blue Sky Cellar that Disney has developed in the past, I'll love another excuse to visit Odyssey with the chance to learn more about the future of the park as it unfolds!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:04 am

the rendering of the new entrance plaza upgrade is lovely.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:56 am

A play pavilion? I'm starting an online petition to bring back : Where's the fire?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:01 pm

larrygator wrote:A play pavilion? I'm starting an online petition to bring back : Where's the fire?

Pretty sure you and Joey are the reason Where's the Fire is gone! :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!