TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I just booked a flight to California the other day for my first trip to these Disney parks and was planning on buying MaxPass anyway because my one and only complaint about the Tokyo Parks was that I wish they had a fast pass system setup on the app. Great to hear that the MaxPass system is awesome.

If you get the MaxPass with a park hopper ticket, can you book a fast pass reservation in each park at the same time? Or does it only let you reserve one fast pass at a time, regardless of which park? I haven't been to the parks since they implemented MaxPass system, but it seems like a great value since it also includes the photo pass.

I just booked a flight to California the other day for my first trip to these Disney parks and was planning on buying MaxPass anyway because my one and only complaint about the Tokyo Parks was that I wish they had a fast pass system setup on the app. Great to hear that the MaxPass system is awesome.

It's great. Basically this is the cliff notes version:

1) As soon as they scan your ticket when the park opens (it doesn't matter which park) and you start making your way to whatever ride you're rope dropping, pull out your phone and reserve Radiator Springs Racers (or whatever) as you're walking.

2) As Canobie Coaster said, you can make your next reservation 90 minutes later (the app will tell you the exact time). Set a reminder in your phone to hop on and make another reservation as soon as that hits. If your ride time is sooner than that then you can make a reservation as soon as it's your time to ride. The 90 minute limit won't apply.

3) As soon as you scan into a ride, make a reservation while you're still in the fastpass queue for the ride. Don't wait to get off of the ride.

4) You can hold multiple Fastpasses at once.

Also, if a ride at DCA breaks when you have a Fastpass it'll automatically give you a multiple experience pass and show you a list of rides that you can use it on. There's no time limit so you can ride whenever you want and usually Radiator Springs Racers is on the list. We reserved the crappy wild mouse 10 minutes before we got to the ride, it broke, since we had scanned in we were free to make another reservation and we got a fastpass that we could use at any time of day for Radiator Springs Racers because that happened. Maxpass makes crappy rides breaking down one of the highlights of your day.

We probably Fastpassed at least 10 rides including every E-ticket ride in either park (in one day) with multiple Fastpass rides on Racers and Indiana Jones. Keep in mind that we had never ever used the system before and were learning it on the fly. It’s an incredibly user-friendly system.

The past two times I've been to Disneyland, my phone hasn't been able to display the correct time consistently. All day, it would bounce between Pacific Standard Time and 6-7 hours in the future. At first I thought it was just a glitch with my phone, but I noticed others on the Google Pixel Reddit forum saying they had the same issue at Disneyland and think it's a cell tower giving the wrong time.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else with a Google Pixel and/or Verizon had the same problem at Disneyland?

I have Verizon and an iPhone 8 (I think) and did not have this issue at all. Your phone is possessed.

I'm leaning strongly towards my phone but I wanted to check.

I also had a similar issue at Phantasialand's Hotel Ling Bao. Somehow my phone thought it was actually in China so I guess it took the hotel's theme to heart.

The past two times I've been to Disneyland, my phone hasn't been able to display the correct time consistently. All day, it would bounce between Pacific Standard Time and 6-7 hours in the future. At first I thought it was just a glitch with my phone, but I noticed others on the Google Pixel Reddit forum saying they had the same issue at Disneyland and think it's a cell tower giving the wrong time.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else with a Google Pixel and/or Verizon had the same problem at Disneyland?

I have a Pixel and was at the parks almost every day for the past year and checked the app constantly and I never had an issue. I'm on T-Mobile though.

Disney just partnered with all of the cell carriers recently to install a lot more cell sites on property so it might be Verizon having some teething problems specifically with the radios in the Pixel and the new cell sites, but that's just me speculating.

Hopefully it's resolved next time you visit.

Today D23 revealed a HUGE new batch of details about Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge! The detail is overwhelming and the number of new images they've shared is plentiful so dig in below and comment afterwards to let us know what you're most excited to experience!

https://d23.com/galaxys-edge-announcements/

Adventures abound in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, coming this summer to Disneyland Resort and this fall to Walt Disney World Resort. Encompassing 14 acres in each park, the immersive lands build off decades of collaboration between Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm Ltd. Droids and humans alike will be transported to the planet Batuu, located along the galaxy’s Outer Rim on the fringe of Wild Space. There, they will discover the Black Spire Outpost, an infamous port for explorers, smugglers, and traders who want to fly under the radar—literally and figuratively.

In their efforts to defeat the First Order, the Resistance has temporarily set up shop in an abandoned, ancient base encircled by forests, mountains, and rivers on the outskirts of Black Spire Outpost. Throughout the land in both parks, fans may see some familiar faces, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, BB-8, and Chewbacca—and even find themselves in a face-off with the First Order.

There are three carefully designed entrance points to Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland, allowing guess to enter via Critter Country, Fantasyland, or Frontierland, and two entrance points at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Short enclosed passageways between lands are designed to compress and then expand the views of visitors, like a movie fading out and then back in, to ensure that the first sight of Galaxy’s Edge is a carefully framed, cinematic view.

780w-463h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1.jpg.8886be178ea4d29fe3ea5db5f99d5d1b.jpg

Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo is a designated location for traveling food shuttles.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-1.jpg.76b66f631f2c67541d17a1a6962f9656.jpg

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will open in summer 2019 at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California, and in fall 2019 at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-3.jpg.225bdadc793770d9dd64d9b6399db2ea.jpg

Spanning 14 acres, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be Disney's largest single-themed land expansions ever, transporting guests to Black Spire Outpost, a village on the planet Batuu.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-4.jpg.7d71c4358e11313c4e92fdb8980ea6c0.jpg

The lands will have two signature attractions: Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

As previously announced, Academy Award®-winning composer John Williams has created original musical themes especially for the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land and its attractions; composers and songwriters from all over the world also contributed original songs for Oga’s Cantina.

Altogether, between 5,000 and 6,000 people have touched the projects on both coasts. “We wanted to build a place where guests could feel, ‘I could be meaningful here,’” says Scott Trowbridge, portfolio creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “[but] if you want to be passive, you can just watch, too.” Long before construction began, Trowbridge says Star Wars fans would almost all tell him the same thing: “Oh, my gosh! I want to fly on the Millennium Falcon.” Thanks to Trowbridge, the Imagineers, and Lucasfilm, that shared dream is about to become a reality.

SET YOUR HYPERSPACE COORDINATES

Two thrilling attractions await those bold enough to oppose the First Order. In Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests will climb into the cockpit of “the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” to take control of the ship, acting in one of three roles: pilot, flight engineer, or gunner.

“Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run is a level of guest participation in a ride that we haven’t done,” says Robin Reardon, portfolio executive producer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “When you step into that cockpit as the only flight crew of the only Millennium Falcon for the day that’s going on that mission, that’s a pretty amazing leap in terms of storytelling from the very beginning. And the payoff and participatory nature of the experience are, so far, unparalleled.”

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-2.jpg.4ddeacd9610a925c1dbf887c9569dd64.jpg

The famous "chess room" awaits guests inside Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-10.jpg.40037fac4fe9176463e6a44442dba150.jpg

Inside Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guests will take the controls in one of three critical roles aboard the "fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy."

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-8.jpg.76c31de1a27e50e55229d322124b6782.jpg

As the largest settlement on Batuu, Black Spire Outpost is an infamous stop for traders, adventurers, and smugglers traveling around the Outer Rim and Wild Space.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-9.jpg.5346db20655b120289463043151a5891.jpg

Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run will let guests walk the hallways and experience other memorable areas of the fastest ship in the galaxy.

The second attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, is one of the most advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. As new Resistance recruits, guests will join a climactic battle against the First Order, including a run-in with Kylo Ren. Their journey will take them inside a full-size starship and aboard a nearby Star Destroyer.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-17.jpg.7d40b8c7f769155455d6d968fbc49073.jpg

Traverse the corridors of a Star Destroyer on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, and join an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-18.jpg.e8b2377e627427bc8068448cb07f8a9b.jpg

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-19.jpg.18e4978fe7d374b70f82a46cf14bc4f1.jpg

Face off with Kylo Ren while experiencing Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

Disney Imagineers worked with Lucasfilm Ltd., as well as with directors and producers J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson, to maximize the experience. “It’s more than just a ride,” says John Larena, executive creative director, Walt Disney Imagineering. “It’s a cinematic immersive experience.”

Calling it “one of the most complex things we have ever done,” Reardon promises Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is replete with “experiential, jaw-dropping, how-did-they-do-that? moments.”

Adds Larena, “We have had wonderful cooperation with Lucasfilm, coordinating shoots with [the actors’] shoots. Turns out, they’re fans, as well. We’re thrilled to get them on a ride, and they’re thrilled to be on a ride. Fitting this within the framework of the movies is very important.” And since the stars mostly film in front of façades on set, “To see it all around is amazing for them.”

FUEL UP WITH OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD FARE

If you’re like C-3PO, who thinks “space travel sounds rather perilous”—or if you simply want to unwind after a daring day of wandering through Black Spire Outpost—look no further than Oga’s Cantina, where even the blaster-bolt scorches on the walls tell a story. Run by an intriguing alien proprietor, Oga Garra, this watering hole invites guests to share their tales from around the galaxy as they enjoy exotic beverages served in unique vessels. Potations with alcohol include Bespin Fizz, Bloody Rancor, Dagobah Slug Slinger, Fuzzy Tauntaun, Jedi Mind Trick, Jet Juice, The Outer Rim, Spriran Caf, T-16 Skyhopper, and Yub Nub; non-alcoholic libations include Black Spire Brew, Blue Bantha, Carbon Freeze, Cliff Dweller, Hyperdrive Punch It!, Jabba Juice, Moogan Tea, and Tarine Tea; and provisions include a Cantina mix. Keep your spaceships parked, as all beverages in Oga’s Cantina will be the same on both coasts.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-14.jpg.7dc136debfdc5e2e18d2c2a78ab9ddac.jpg

Oga's Cantina is a local watering hole to unwind, conduct business, and maybe even encounter a friend... or a foe.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-2.jpg.e8bb3bfad66db1a39ae4591c86c913d7.jpg

Non-alcoholic drinks Carbon Freeze (left), Cantina mix (middle) and Cliff Dweller (right) can be found at Oga's Cantina.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-3.jpg.b078c0c0f873e916429e870984a81462.jpg

From left to right, alcoholic beverages at Oga's Cantina include The Outer Rim, Bespin Fizz, Yub Nub, and Fuzzy Tauntaun.

You’ll find Oga lurking in the shadows, and locals know better than to dare cross the proprietor. DJ R-3X—formerly known as Captain Rex, the Starspeeder 3000 pilot droid from Star Tours—now calls Oga’s Cantina his home, where he’s in charge of providing the musical entertainment.

Feeling hungrier than a Leviathan? Head over to Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, a multi-purpose transport shuttle docked atop a large hangar for traveling food shuttles. That’s where Chef Strono “Cookie” Tuggs has converted his modified Sienar-Chall Utilipede-Transport into a popular mobile kitchen and restaurant. His travels across the galaxy allow him to fill his pantry with exotic ingredients, and he’s proud to present Tuggs’ Grub, a “traveling diner for diners traveling,” inspired by dishes he created during his time working for Maz Kanata on Takodana.

780w-463h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1.jpg.8886be178ea4d29fe3ea5db5f99d5d1b.jpg

Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo is a designated location for traveling food shuttles.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-1.jpg.10a5177f86be60a5d5baefc68c5ebd3b.jpg

Non-alcoholic beverages, including the Phattro (left) and Moof Juice (right), can be found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-5.jpg.845e3bf8dbe8dcab89c76dae8f188b7e.jpg

The Braised Shaak Roast, found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, features beef pot roast with cavatelli pasta, kale, and mushrooms.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-10.jpg.22053b912bf76eb7fe7969ac67c8c901.jpg

The Ithorian Garden Loaf, found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, is a plant-based "meatloaf" dish served with roasted vegetable mash, seasonal vegetables, and mushroom sauce.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-11.jpg.b70a4690be5ce3cf6d60975de2346a92.jpg

The Smoked Kaadu Ribs, found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, features smoked country sticky pork ribs with blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-13.jpg.47e4105278d13987dbe6ee492aad4639.jpg

The Oven-roasted Burra Fish, found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, features Dijon-crusted sustainable fish with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-14.jpg.c993ea25b29878818aa6eeef91db5ab0.jpg

The Oven-roasted Tip Yip, found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, features roasted chicken with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-6.jpg.f9eb3c495dd6e8f42c333fc258ee2d68.jpg

At Oga's Cantina, guests can order delicious drinks, including (from left to right) Moogan Tea, Blue Bantha, Bloody Rancor (contains alcohol), and the Black Spire Brew.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-8.jpg.33232b4b437f4133386b225a83ae2749.jpg

The Fried Endorian Tip-Yip, found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, is a decadent chicken dish with roasted vegetable mash and herb gravy.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-9.jpg.9a163d70d8216379b5f63cc01a09785a.jpg

The Felucian Garden Spread, found at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, is a plant-based kefta "meatball" dish with herb hummus and tomato-cucumber relish with pita bread.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-16.jpg.af42ac33642ba8a0dd823f9c78fb71a1.jpg

The Yobshrimp Noodle Salad, found at Docking Bay 7 Food, is a marinated noodle salad with chilled shrimp.

Non-alcoholic beverages include the Phattro and Moof Juice, while entrées include the Braised Shaak Roast, featuring beef pot roast with cavatelli pasta, kale, and mushrooms; the Fried Endorian Tip-Yip, a decadent chicken dish with roasted vegetable mash and herb gravy; the Felucian Garden Spread, a plant-based kefta “meatball” dish with herb hummus and tomato-cucumber relish with pita bread; the Ithorian Garden Loaf, a plant-based “meatloaf” dish served with roasted vegetable mash, seasonal vegetables, and mushroom sauce; the Smoked Kaadu Ribs, featuring smoked country sticky pork ribs with blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw; the Oven-roasted Burra Fish, featuring Dijon-crusted sustainable fish with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing; the Oven-roasted Tip Yip, featuring roasted chicken with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing; and the Yobshrimp Noodle Salad, a marinated noodle salad with chilled shrimp. Dessert options include a raspberry crème puff with passion fruit mousse, and chocolate cake with white chocolate mouse and coffee custard. Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo has two children’s menu options: fried chicken with macaroni and cheese; and chilled shrimp with vegetables and rice noodle salad (with sweet orange dressing).

Meanwhile, Ronto Roasters’ large podracing engine will be firing up a barbecue pit for mouth-watering sandwiches. When customers line up to order, they will encounter a former smelter droid, carefully turning the spit of meats (and complaining about his job). Items include the Meiloorun Juice, the Turkey Jerky, and the Ronto Wrap filled with spiced grilled sausage and roasted pork. Guests will also be able to choose from a variety of exotic non-alcoholic drinks, like the Sour Sarlacc or Tatooine Sunset.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-16.jpg.e212caf8861e539b978241dffbd371d9.jpg

Ronto Roasters will feature savory meats spit-roasted over a former Podracer engine.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-15.jpg.fbec0ee0198264d920143994bd9f42c7.jpg

Enjoy the Meiloorun Juice (left), the Turkey Jerky (middle), and the Ronto Wrap (right), filled with spiced grilled sausage and roasted pork, at Ronto Roasters.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-7.jpg.574f1e9fb6ff9f488215adda31f14648.jpg

Guests can indulge in a raspberry creme puff with passion fruit mousse (left) or chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and coffee custard (right) at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo.

Elsewhere in the bustling market, the Milk Stand will offer two local favorites: blue milk, first seen in Star Wars: A New Hope, and green milk, introduced in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Four years ago, the team visited Lucasfilm to get ideas for the ingredients, according to Michele Gendreau, food & beverage director, Disneyland Resort; Brian Koziol, food & beverage concept development director, Walt Disney World Resort; and Brian Piasecki, culinary director, Concept Development, Walt Disney World Resort. Lucasfilm’s response: “You get to write the story.” After brainstorming what a bantha might consume in order to produce blue milk, for example, they landed on a plant-based dairy drink, allowing more guests to enjoy it.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-4.jpg.a65a910cf0c8ab5d2334e4dd07caef60.jpg

Blue Milk (foreground) and Green Milk (background) can be found in the Black Spire Outpost.

Other vendors in the area will highlight local delicacies, like the colorful Outpost Mix—a popcorn snack combining savory, spicy, and sweet flavors—available to try at Kat Saka’s Kettle.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-3-12.jpg.a885ceb384119215bde196d7ed891964.jpg

The Outpost Mix, a popcorn snack combining savory, spicy, and sweet flavors, can be found at Kat Saka's Kettle.

GET YOUR GEAR—NO GALACTIC CREDITS REQUIRED

The Droid Depot is located in the market, inviting patrons to pick parts and pieces off a conveyor belt, then build and customize their astromech droids (R-series or BB-series); the droids are capable of interacting with elements in the land, responding to guests’ behaviors. Additional programming chips and accessories can be added to the droids to further customize their abilities. The Droid Depot will also offer guests pre-built droids, including a C-3PO who has quite a bit to say (especially if you “accidentally” take off his head and put it on backwards!) and a Rex who will happily play whatever music you have on your smartphone through an intergalactic Bluetooth connection. The shop also offers droid-inspired products and much more—and intergalactic tourists needn’t fret, as all merchandise will be labeled in dollars.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-7.jpg.ffed7402acc1ca8ff0986a6ff5140cb6.jpg

In the Droid Depot, guests will be able to build their own personal droids.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-6.jpg.4a569758913845396963b255f172b08e.jpg

Stop by the Droid Depot to build your own R-series or BB-series droids, which will interact with their surroundings throughout Black Spire Outpost.

Meanwhile, at Savi’s Workshop, guests are given the opportunity to draw upon the Force as they build their own elegant lightsaber. At the heart of every saber is a kyber crystal, and during a guided tour, each guest will have four options to choose from: Peace Justice (modeled after Jedi from the Republic era); Power Control (a nod to the Sith); Elemental Nature (harnessing air, earth, fire, and water); and Defense (shrouded in mystery). Will you embrace the light side of the Force, like Luke Skywalker, or the dark side of the Force?

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-20.jpg.7bfed7d693bf54972967d966a5d0fb24.jpg

At Savi's Workshop - Handbuilt Lighstabers, guests will have the opportunity to customize and craft their own lightsabers.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-5.jpg.a745dcf7576d2ff800c40aad837eef2e.jpg

At Savi's Workshop - Handbuilt Lightsabers, each build will begin with a personal connection to a kyber crystal used to ignite the custom lightsaber.

Inside Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, visitors will find a selection of mysterious and rare items for sale representing different eras of the Star Wars galaxy, including ancient Jedi and Sith artifacts, holocrons, lightsabers, and more. As they explore the shop’s nooks and crannies, they will find Dok at his desk, checking his inventory, taking calls, and barking orders at his assistants.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-6.jpg.5d0ec4109d13c3742c509385cec36835.jpg

Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities will feature rare items from across the galaxy for sale, including holocrons, ancient Jedi and Sith artifacts, lightsabers and more.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-10.jpg.64814294999736988a59300b6892696c.jpg900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-2.jpg.3210940fb5b70ed19b48ad8ab906e15c.jpg

Guests will find rare and unique items at Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities, including the pictured Jedi artifacts.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-9.jpg.841ed6e4b82ac376ecb7532f3ae32e37.jpg

At Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities, guests will find Holocrons--ancient repositories of wisdom.

Guests who venture to the Creature Stall will find some fascinating and unusual beasts from all across the galaxy, ranging from the friendly (porgs, tauntauns) to the not-so-friendly (rathtars, wampas). Nearby, you’ll find the Toydarian Toymaker stall, offering items crafted by its namesake alien, first seen buzzing around Anakin Skywalker­ in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. It peddles artisan-style plush characters, wood and tin toys, and instruments.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-3.jpg.6dabdf9fb4161ae17e567316e1d61966.jpg

The Toydarian Toymaker stall will feature an assortment of artisan-style plush characters, wood and tin toys, and musical instruments.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-4.jpg.66cc14b7279dbd69dd6d5eec97274d75.jpg

The Creature Stall will offer creatures of the galaxy, including porgs, tauntauns, and more.

Resistance Supply is a “makeshift” resource location at the Resistance’s hidden command post, selling badges, hats, pins, and other accessories to help guests feel like part of the cause. On the flip side, First Order Cargo is a temporary storage dock located near the market. Easily identified by a never-before-seen First Order TIE echelon, it gives interstellar tourists a chance to pledge their loyalty to the First Order by purchasing caps, gear, model ships, pins, and more.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-2-1.jpg.4f4f202b62cc0e969ef40361d691fcff.jpg

Disney Cast Members in costumes from the Resistance (left) and First Order (right) will interact with guests in Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-2-2.jpg.c1e5da21db70583e14a12cd237b09b6b.jpg

Disney Cast Members in villager costumes (pictured) will interact with guests throughout Batuu.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-2-3.jpg.6ba8a1ed9ffdfd3a8950678661c61b19.jpg

Disney Cast Members in villager costumes (pictured) will interact with guests throughout Black Spire Outpost.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-2-4.jpg.210f411c8c61bf86feb840140460b3d3.jpg

Disney Cast Members in highly detailed villager costumes will mill about Black Spire Outpost.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-1.jpg.cfc886c6b34c4e8ba629911cfa05a826.jpg

At Black Spire Outfitters, guests will be able to mix and match clothing to create their own galactic style.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-11.jpg.b79d4445edcd006ffbbe0d2543ea4282.jpg

At Black Spire Outpost, guests can join the Resistance by purchasing gear, badges, and more at Resistance Supply.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-7.jpg.d982b4d9a5ac06d4207783f333f35d0f.jpg

At the Droid Depot, guests can choose from an assortment of droids, apparel and other droid-inspired products.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-8.jpg.ea9910a14a7034b63f3acd65b52c4f5b.jpg

Guests wanting to prove their allegiance to the First Order will be able to choose among the gear and supplies that the 709th Legion brought with them to First Order Cargo.

“This is the first place they touched down,” Brad Schoeneberg, director, Merchandise Strategy & New Park Experience Development, Walt Disney World Resort, says of First Order Cargo’s vendors. “They are trying to win the hearts and minds of locals with propaganda and merch.”

One thing you won’t find: “evergreen” Star Wars products. Everything was created specifically for Galaxy’s Edge. Or, as Brad puts it, “We’re giving today’s consumers an experience only we can deliver.” Items reflect the stories of yore, as they’ve been told throughout Black Spire Outpost. With a vast array of innovative goods, he adds, “[There are] many levels of discovery.”

MAXIMIZE THE MOMENT ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE

Make the most of your first—or hundredth—visit to Batuu by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the first land designed to integrate with the one-of-a-kind app, which debuted last summer and offers interactive adventures and experiences that bring surrounding environments to life at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

The app will provide new opportunities for guests to engage with the land, like translating a galactic language, learning what’s hidden inside crates and containers, or accomplishing certain tasks by participating in missions. Guests also can use the app to interact with a variety of elements, like antenna arrays, door panels, drinking fountains, droids, media screens, and ships.

So please be seated. Keep your hands and arms inside the Millennium Falcon at all times. And prepare to venture light speed to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-11-1.jpg.715ab1aebcb84aea1364c4e7790569c7.jpg

There are three entrance points to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland and two entrance points in Walt Disney World Resort.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-12.jpg.4d8835c22dad8b619057fdd99da5cd22.jpg

John Williams has created original themes especially for the land and its attractions.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-13.jpg.446c2ddc187e560b366ddf5b206030f0.jpg

Black Spire Outpost is closely associated with the geological formations that surround it.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-15.jpg.dada0e41096fef55fa1b68eb1ed93c9d.jpg

Disney Imagineers worked closely with Lucasfilm Ltd., as well as with directors and producers J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson to shape Black Spire Outpost.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-21.jpg.cb652a024a47c0142f4b19027e3d861a.jpg

Disney Imagineers view a life-size TIE fighter as they work on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-22.jpg.16f06f2e62e020707b345b91b5952fdc.jpg

Throughout Black Spire Outpost, fans may see some familiar faces, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, BB-8, Chewbacca, and Kylo Ren.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-23.jpg.80261683d7939b49c6da95fed8f790b5.jpg

Black Spire Outpost was first mentioned onscreen in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-1-24.jpg.0977f5cc24f15ace1a7d1126fbd1f0b8.jpg

Throughout Black Spire Outpost, fans may see some familiar faces, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, BB-8, Chewbacca, and Kylo Ren.

Oh wow, this is almost too much. Loooove the blue Bantha milk making an appearance, that was unexpected. The Black Spire Brew sounds similar in concept to the Duff beer, contract a local craft brewery to make something unique for the park. The Lightsaber shop sounds similar to the Harry Potter wand shop, very smart of them to do.

Still digesting most of this (pun intended). Almost time!

I enjoy Star Wars as much as the next person. . . but is it weird that I want to go now, NOT for the new rides, but for the food options?

holee crap, I wanna try some of those food offerings!

(and it likely works in my favor that everyone will be in line for the rides, which might make the food lines shorter).

I honestly wasn't in any rush to get to DisneyLand for the Star Wars stuff. . but now penciling in early 2020 for a visit.

I'll be honest, I don't really care about Star Wars at all and while I knew the land would be insane anyway I wasn't in a big rush to check this out...

... until we went to Disneyland, crested the lift on Big Thunder and actually saw this sh*t. It's mind-blowing. Holy crap.

(and it likely works in my favor that everyone will be in line for the rides, which might make the food lines shorter).

Nah, all those people with fastpass will be waiting for their time in the restaurants.

Let's face it, everyone who's going this year should be expecting this:

The amount of detail is absurd. We may gripe that everything lately is IP driven, but between Universal and Disney, it's been an amazing time to be a theme park fan! WWoHP, Diagon Alley, Carsland, Avatar Land, and now this to cap it off? The amount of detail and money being thrown at projects just keeps going up and up and I am all for it!

Also, I don't care how much that Rex droid is, I will be buying it!

Everything looks fantastic. After being meh about Harry Potter and being converted at Universal I'm all in on whatever crazy immersive properties Disney and Universal serve up. Avatar looks amazing and Galaxy's Edge looks phenomenal as well. I'm gonna have to spend a whole month in Orlando in 2020 to take in all of the new offerings!! And that's a great thing.