Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 928 - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Media Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Glad you had a good time! And I agree on the reasonable prices at Disney. The food, merch, etc. is all around prices you'd expect to pay outside the park. The tickets are high but not overpriced; they give you your money's worth.

Big Thunder Mountain is a great coaster, and I love the themed queue and the way the train goes over it. Disneyland is maybe the one place I actually want to wait in the queue; so many things to see.

I don't know why anyone complains about Maxpass; it's so cheap, so easy, and it doesn't affect anyone who doesn't use it. Disney did this one perfectly.

Postby jray21 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Yeah,I absolutely love MaxPass, and think it's a great deal! Plus, if you don't buy it, it's still free to get a Fast Pass.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 am

I'm a total and complete Cheapskate, but I too have no idea why someone wouldn't get Maxpass. It doubles the number of Fastpasses you can get, eliminates the requirement to physically walk to the attraction(including across parks), and also gives you PhotoPass, which is like over a 100 dollars at Disney World. Just one on ride photo at any park is $15 bucks. I think it would have to be in the $60-70 range before I would even be on the fence.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:13 am

I just booked a flight to California the other day for my first trip to these Disney parks and was planning on buying MaxPass anyway because my one and only complaint about the Tokyo Parks was that I wish they had a fast pass system setup on the app. Great to hear that the MaxPass system is awesome.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm

If you get the MaxPass with a park hopper ticket, can you book a fast pass reservation in each park at the same time? Or does it only let you reserve one fast pass at a time, regardless of which park? I haven't been to the parks since they implemented MaxPass system, but it seems like a great value since it also includes the photo pass.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: GhostRider
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:55 pm

The two parks are on the same network now, so you can only book one attraction at a time. The interval between bookings is the shorter of 90 minutes or your start time for your most recent FastPass.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Satans Hockey wrote:I just booked a flight to California the other day for my first trip to these Disney parks and was planning on buying MaxPass anyway because my one and only complaint about the Tokyo Parks was that I wish they had a fast pass system setup on the app. Great to hear that the MaxPass system is awesome.

It's great. Basically this is the cliff notes version:

1) As soon as they scan your ticket when the park opens (it doesn't matter which park) and you start making your way to whatever ride you're rope dropping, pull out your phone and reserve Radiator Springs Racers (or whatever) as you're walking.

2) As Canobie Coaster said, you can make your next reservation 90 minutes later (the app will tell you the exact time). Set a reminder in your phone to hop on and make another reservation as soon as that hits. If your ride time is sooner than that then you can make a reservation as soon as it's your time to ride. The 90 minute limit won't apply.

3) As soon as you scan into a ride, make a reservation while you're still in the fastpass queue for the ride. Don't wait to get off of the ride.

4) You can hold multiple Fastpasses at once.

Also, if a ride at DCA breaks when you have a Fastpass it'll automatically give you a multiple experience pass and show you a list of rides that you can use it on. There's no time limit so you can ride whenever you want and usually Radiator Springs Racers is on the list. We reserved the crappy wild mouse 10 minutes before we got to the ride, it broke, since we had scanned in we were free to make another reservation and we got a fastpass that we could use at any time of day for Radiator Springs Racers because that happened. Maxpass makes crappy rides breaking down one of the highlights of your day. :lol:

We probably Fastpassed at least 10 rides including every E-ticket ride in either park (in one day) with multiple Fastpass rides on Racers and Indiana Jones. Keep in mind that we had never ever used the system before and were learning it on the fly. It’s an incredibly user-friendly system.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:21 am

That's perfect, thanks for the tips! Looking forward to your trip report.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 pm

The past two times I've been to Disneyland, my phone hasn't been able to display the correct time consistently. All day, it would bounce between Pacific Standard Time and 6-7 hours in the future. At first I thought it was just a glitch with my phone, but I noticed others on the Google Pixel Reddit forum saying they had the same issue at Disneyland and think it's a cell tower giving the wrong time.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else with a Google Pixel and/or Verizon had the same problem at Disneyland?
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:06 am

I have Verizon and an iPhone 8 (I think) and did not have this issue at all. Your phone is possessed. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!