TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New TPR Forum Ads

Can we please table the discussion about this "secure site" stuff? That is not the topic of this thread and I've already answered the question about the browser issues above. If someone would like to start a new thread about http versus https feel free, but that is not the topic of this discussion.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this thread. I appreciate your transparency with this, and I'm also glad that you opted against having the ads that pop up and fill the entire screen.

Just out of curiosity, how does this ad agency work? Does it pay per click or per impression or both? If you don't want to answer that, I understand.

I'm also curious how ad blockers affect the revenue. Would TPR forum be struggling if the majority of users had ad blockers set up?

I know that someone else already mentioned it, but I’ll second: I’d be totally willing to pay for an upgraded subscription to TPR that was ad-free. Also wanted to thank you, Robb for your transparency!

I hear you... but this is also the issue...

The current software we are using doesn't support the ability to turn the ads off for specific people. So I don't have a way to trigger that it someone were to pay for a subscription.

Now if someone wants to pay for the development of that, then we can talk!

Do you have a permissions for the ClubTPR members set up in the forum? If so, you can easily surround the code for the ads with something to check that permission before posting the ad.

Robb, I am curious if you and The TPR Team are able to change the coaster videos in the TPR in-the-corner ad?

From time to time? Or is there a set amount of time these videos have to stay in the ad?

Just curious of me. I love pretty much all of them (mmm lava monster), and was just wondering

if you could change and/or add others?

I'm not 100% sure how it chooses the videos to display on each refresh. There are about 25 videos uploaded, so maybe it's just random the ones that are in the "Now Playing" scroll bar? If you see Falcon's Fury pop up, that's the newest one!

• 3 weeks later...

^ Cool. I also want to now say, the ads involving obvious sexual "acts" are printed pretty obviously, in your face. IMhO, I don't think these ones are necessary, to be involved with what you have set up now, Robb. I 'x' them out and say they are inappropriate for this site. Regardless what is posted here, by it's members.

By the way, I also find it curious why some of these ads have the 'x' option, but other ads don't have it?

^ Cool. I also want to now say, the ads involving obvious sexual "acts" are printed pretty obviously, in your face. IMhO, I don't think these ones are necessary, to be involved with what you have set up now, Robb.

The ads you see are generated by what you are searching for in Google or from what websites you frequent.

For example, I have ads for Toyota cars because we were just recently looking into buying new cars.

So if you are seeing ads with sexual acts, I wonder what you were most recently Googling?

2072865342_ScreenShot2019-02-19at8_21_18PM.thumb.png.c9b80df85d5c25472f727fa53ea61b38.png

It would appear that the ads are cookie based. I get all kinds for various sites I've visited recently.

Edit: I'm an idiot who didn't see Robb's post.