TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I will say that the picture is awesome and extremely cool.

On the flip side, please be careful on posting things like this. If you work at the park or amphitheater, that is one thing, but if you don't I can tell you that people who do work at the park have been on these forums in the past.

^ honestly it’s a shame they don’t post more pictures of the park in the off season. I know that post was from Live Nation and not Darien Lake but it would be so much nicer to see some actual content instead of constant posts about sales that aren’t as “limited time” as they want you to believe. One day...

Good thing I follow Tony and the Cedar Point socials for my off season wishlist.

Welcome to the new Six Flags Era. Goodbye Darien Lake, hello, Six Flags Darien Lake!

Darien Lake will be rebranded Six Flags Darien Lake when the park opens this spring for the 2019 season. The Coaster Capital of New York is also debuting an exhilarating, new attraction—Six Flags SkyScreamer—the tallest attraction in the state of New York. Towering high above the park at a staggering, 242-ft. in height, this thrilling swing ride will reign supreme as the region’s new, iconic symbol—beckoning guests of all ages from near and far.

“Six Flags is a world-renowned leader in thrills and innovation and we are delighted to return the Six Flags name to our park,” said Six Flags Darien Lake President Chris Thorpe. “Our new Six Flags SkyScreamer is a dramatic, unique addition to our lineup of thrilling rides and attractions and now all Members and Season Pass holders can enjoy free, unlimited visits to Six Flags Darien Lake, Six Flags New England, The Great Escape and all Six Flags theme parks across the country. It’s an incredible value that only Six Flags can offer.”

The park’s latest attraction, Six Flags SkyScreamer, takes 32 thrill-seekers 24 stories into the air while spinning round and round at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour. Guests soar through the clouds with majestic views of the park and surrounding countryside far below. By night, Six Flags SkyScreamer’s bold, synchronized illumination patterns will light up the skies.

Six Flags Darien Lake opens for the season on Saturday, May 4. Guests arriving at the park will be greeted by a revamped main gate area with a towering, new digital pylon and a new Six Flags Darien Lake entrance sign.”

(From the Six Flags Darien Lake website)

E12BD82C-84CB-4D4A-938E-2F0C7ABFA0F5.thumb.jpeg.f21cd67960eda1fde8e1cb15300d03a9.jpeg

From what I've heard the park doesn't have the attendance to justify doing the whole DC/Looney Tunes branding just yet. Six Flags has to pay on the rights for each park apparently.

I'm personally ok with this. Everyone calls Ride of Steel Superman anyway.

Personally I prefer parks having their own IPs and not plastering DC or Looney Tunes everywhere.

(In reality I don't really care either way, make fun things, I don't really care too much what they're named)

https://www.intergameonline.com/coin-op/news/six-flags-acquires-three-new-parks

Senior vice president of US park operations Tom Iven, said: “We are making major investments in all three properties with record-breaking attractions and extensive upgrades including new theming, paint treatments and branded signage, along with updates to restaurant and retail locations. Additionally, Members and season pass holders will have free, unlimited visits to these parks and Six Flags theme parks throughout North America.”

https://www.intergameonline.com/coin-op/news/six-flags-acquires-three-new-parks

Senior vice president of US park operations Tom Iven, said: “We are making major investments in all three properties with record-breaking attractions and extensive upgrades including new theming, paint treatments and branded signage, along with updates to restaurant and retail locations. Additionally, Members and season pass holders will have free, unlimited visits to these parks and Six Flags theme parks throughout North America.”

What kind of theming is the article referring to? The usual Warner Bros IP theming for a Six Flags park? Or more like generic theming?

Edit : Also, by "paint treatments", do they mean repaints of roller coasters?

What kind of theming is the article referring to? The usual Warner Bros IP theming for a Six Flags park? Or more like generic theming?

Edit : Also, by "paint treatments", do they mean repaints of roller coasters?

There most likely talking about the two water parks becoming Hurricane Harbors, not Darien Lake as much. Screamscape reported on this today as well earlier

According to this article (Source : http://www.attractionsmanagement.com/index.cfm?pagetype=news&codeID=340787 ) the changes listed are coming to all three parks. This means that it is likely that Darien Lake will also receive some theming upgrades of some sort and new paint. Now, whether that means new paint for coasters and buildings is not confirmed. Neither does it confirm if IPs will be involved with the theming. But apparently, there will be something in those regards.