Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1467: "Halloween Marathon of Mayhem" HHN show announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48064
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:28 am

AUWent wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
AUWent wrote:Is Maverick roughly the same intensity as Cheetah Hunt?

No. Not at all. People really need to stop comparing these two coasters. They are nothing like each other in any way.


Gotcha. So basically, Pottercoaster = Cheetah Hunt, and Jurrassic Park coaster = Maverick.

We don't know enough about the JP coaster to make that assumption. I'm only guessing it was going to be more like Cheetah Hunt because that's what I've been told. So if that is the case then it would be Pottercoaster = Cheetah Hunt, and Jurrassic Park coaster = Cheetah Hunt.

Which is exactly why I said above:
if it does end up being something more like Cheetah Hunt, isn't that *kind of* what the are building right now in place of Dragons?
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:29 am.

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 25 Feb 2014
Gender: None specified

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby AUWent » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:22 pm

robbalvey wrote:
AUWent wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
AUWent wrote:Is Maverick roughly the same intensity as Cheetah Hunt?

No. Not at all. People really need to stop comparing these two coasters. They are nothing like each other in any way.


Gotcha. So basically, Pottercoaster = Cheetah Hunt, and Jurrassic Park coaster = Maverick.

We don't know enough about the JP coaster to make that assumption. I'm only guessing it was going to be more like Cheetah Hunt because that's what I've been told. So if that is the case then it would be Pottercoaster = Cheetah Hunt, and Jurrassic Park coaster = Cheetah Hunt.

Which is exactly why I said above:
if it does end up being something more like Cheetah Hunt, isn't that *kind of* what the are building right now in place of Dragons?


You may be right. I'm just going by what I've gathered.

Donkeys are my way of life!
User avatar
 
Posts: 539
Joined: 04 Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Hello everybody! I’m taking a trip down to Universal for the first time in a couple years and saw that they have been moving away from the older fingerprint fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, in favor of scanning tickets for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. The website says that admission is through biometrics and that there is no ticket to print. How do I use the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? Thanks!
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 603
Joined: 13 Jul 2014
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:00 pm

I think maybe 1 or 2 L*cker locations still use Fingerprint ID when choosing a l*cker, and returning. Most of them have moved on to scanning your park ticket to rent and then return. It's extremely easy to use and free. The only annoyance is not having your cell phone to peruse while waiting if the line is long.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Donkeys are my way of life!
User avatar
 
Posts: 539
Joined: 04 Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:I think maybe 1 or 2 L*cker locations still use Fingerprint ID when choosing a l*cker, and returning. Most of them have moved on to scanning your park ticket to rent and then return. It's extremely easy to use and free. The only annoyance is not having your cell phone to peruse while waiting if the line is long.


When I purchased the tickets, it said that admission is through fingerprints. How do I use most of the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo if I don’t have a paper ticket because I got in through fingerprints? Or do I need to scan a paper ticket and use a fingerprint to get into the park?
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 33513
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Swimming in the Ocean
Gender: Female
Age: 38

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:56 am

^You will still have a ticket. Either a paper ticket, print out, or mobile. All of these can be scanned at the l-cker.

Donkeys are my way of life!
User avatar
 
Posts: 539
Joined: 04 Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby rjr19 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:31 pm

SharkTums wrote:^You will still have a ticket. Either a paper ticket, print out, or mobile. All of these can be scanned at the l-cker.


Thank you!! I haven’t been there in a few years, wasn’t totally sure if it meant only biometrics or if there is still a paper ticket involved =)
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 31 Jan 2019
Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Why is fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo censored? (fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo)
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 14440
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Kw6sTheatee wrote:Why is fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo censored? (fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo)


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 05 Aug 2014
Gender: None specified

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Furion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Locker
Rings

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron