Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 107: Runaway Tram (Family coaster) coming in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:52 am

terdferg wrote:Looks also similar to the coaster at bowcraft which is closing. The layout isn’t the same in the photo, but does look similar. Wonder if it’s the same manufacturer?

I'm hearing Zierer.

I find myself less interested in the ride and more interested in how exactly there are going to squeeze this in. Seems like Doo Wopper could easily be placed in between Dante and Nor'easter, in place of the basketball game. But what if they just flat out removed Rollies and moved Doo Wopper there? I always felt Rollies would be the next to go, more so with all the recent Pinfari incidents. I have absolutely nothing to back that up, just something to ponder...

(Though the burger drive-thru themeing might be a stark contrast next to the Ghost Ship) :lmao: :lmao:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby IntraTrax » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:10 am

It is definitely Zierer.
zierer track.png
Look at the track. It's similar to this coaster track styles. https://rcdb.com/14417.htm#p=77069

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:26 am

It's evidently a clone of Flying Eagle at Legoland Denmark.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby IntraTrax » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 am

coasterbill wrote:It's evidently a clone of Flying Eagle at Legoland Denmark.

It's also a mirror image too, Coasterbill.
proof it's mirror.png
Flying Eagle goes to the right while the one in concept art goes to the left.

Postby boldikus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:14 pm

I wonder what will happen to Cygnus X-1 (aka the gravitron).

Postby boldikus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:32 am

Sorry for the doublepost but I saw Moreys finally made somewhat of an official announcement about the Runaway Tram w/ renderings.

https://www.moreyspiers.com/runawaytram
NEW FOR 2019! Watch The Runaway Tram Please! You thought the boardwalk tramcar was out of control…wait ‘til you see this family-friendly coaster. All new for 2019, it’s here to kickstart our 50th season celebrations. We just know that little Bobby and sister Sally are going to want to queue up again and again for this exhilarating ride with a fun theme.

moreys1.jpg

Moreys2.jpg

Moreys3.jpg

Moreys4.jpg

Moreys5.jpg

Also, a friendly reminder to all that passes/tickets/etc are cheap AF right now if you're planning a visit next year.

Postby boldikus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:59 am

Update time! (Oh man triple postingggg!! Someone please respond so I can stop talking to myself in here! :lol: )

Morey's Piers to Introduce New Roller Coaster This Summer
WILDWOOD, N.J. - A new ride is coming to the Wildwood Boardwalk this summer. To celebrate 50 years on the Boardwalk, officials with Morey's Piers will be debuting a new family-friendly ride this summer on Surfside Pier called the Runaway Tram.

The new roller coaster is themed after the Wildwood sightseer Tramcar, which has been an icon on the Wildwood boardwalk for nearly 70 years. The new ride will be replacing the Flitzer roller coaster. Officials say while it was tough saying goodbye to the older ride, they hope this new addition to the pier will be a positive change families can enjoy.

"The Flitzer had this emotional farewell and, you know, a lot of people said 'why, why, why, why?' so I guess I hope the reaction is that people will say it was worth it," said Jack Morey, second generation partner, Morey's Piers. "And I think it will be. I think this will be a great new ride." The Runaway Tram will climb 40 feet before coasting, twisting, and turning riders along 922 feet of track. To make room for the new ride, Morey’s Piers had to move seven rides and completely reconfigure Surfside Pier, so come this summer visitors are in for a new fresh look.

The video at the link contains a tiny little interview w/ Jack Morey basically saying "sorry about Flitzer, we hope this is better" and a bunch of construction footage of what is going on currently on Surfside pier. Not too much new info here but a few things:

They've completely ripped up the pier underneath where Flitzer/Doo Wopper once stood to pour footers for the new coaster, and while I can't tell from any of the footage, it makes me wonder if they had to do anything (reroute or alter) the underground section of the Zoom Phloom. I would imagine they would have to because it went directly underneath there. I guess we'll find out.

Moreys.jpeg

Doo Wopper has been moved to the north side of the pier and is being rebuilt where it was rumored to go - between Dante and Nor'easter.

Moreys2.jpg

As seen in this video posted by Moreys to FB they've literally picked up and moved the entirety of Dante and pushed it further back (north) on the pier to open up space between it and the flume. I suspect a smaller flat will be going in between them (total speculation on my part but there is a f*ckton of space now).

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:24 am

They must have pretty high expectations for a family coaster, if they're doing that much extra work for it. I hope it's as good as they seem to think it will be! ...Just so long as it doesn't have any negative effects on Zoom Phloom. That's irreplaceable.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 am

As long as Zoom Phloom's glorious below pier section remains in some form, I'm happy.

Hopefully I can make it back down to Wildwood this summer.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:03 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:As long as Zoom Phloom's glorious below pier section remains in some form, I'm happy.

Agreed.

Progress is looking good! That's a nice placement for Doo Wopper.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!