TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

It seems like SFStl would be a prime candidate for an S&S 4D or a RMC Raptor for their next coaster. These models have been the standard coaster additions for the smaller parks in the SF chain, and the 4Ds have even gone to some of their bigger parks. I would expect SFStl to get one of these coasters in the next few years. I can't see one of the park's 3 woodies getting an RMC makeover due to the reasons Chris mentioned above.

That's tired talk. If you ask me, we'd benefit greatly from both. But, I'll keep my expectations reasonable with an Endeavor and hopefully a few fixed toilets.

Sadly, the RMC'ing of the Boss will NEVER happen for two reasons (as talked about before) 1) Too expensive 2) IF it happened, they'd have to significantly reduce the length making it not something worth the investment. It's really a bummer, because of all the woodies in the SF chain, that one would benefit the best from an RMC and I bet they'd get ultra creative with that layout

I think as long as The Boss continues to get TLC, it will be fine. The helix was brutal and they got rid of it in favor of a turn that's still fun and it doesn't beat you up as bad. I used to be one of the people quick to point the finger at The Boss and say it's in need of RMC. But, when I compare it to Voyage or Legend, the latter of which beats the FFck out of you, it's really not all that bad. For some reason Holiday World gets a free pass on it two, if not three, kidney punchers. I think because The Boss is at SFSTL people see it in a more negative light. I guarantee if it were at a park like Holiday World or Knoebels people would somehow love it. Step up the off season track work and it will be great. As others have pointed out, The Boss is very popular and often still keeps a line despite it's high capacity.

^ I think he means in addition to the already quality collection of woodies you guys have. I agree that none of your woodies need RMC.

Oh, I knew.

GTFO!

Some people say The Boss needs an RMC makeover, but every year that goes by the chances of that seem to get lower and lower, especially since they just spent a bunch of money modifying the track last year. As for the other woodies, Screamin' Eagle is a coaster landmark and will most likely always be left the way it is, and American Thunder is probably too compact and just doesn't need it.

I'm still holding out hope that we get some kind of new coaster for the park's 50th anniversary, whatever that may be.

I don't think it really matters that Screamin' Eagle is a landmark coaster. Colossus was pretty notable and Six Flags RMCed it, but who knows.

Some people say The Boss needs an RMC makeover, but every year that goes by the chances of that seem to get lower and lower, especially since they just spent a bunch of money modifying the track last year. As for the other woodies, Screamin' Eagle is a coaster landmark and will most likely always be left the way it is, and American Thunder is probably too compact and just doesn't need it.

I'm still holding out hope that we get some kind of new coaster for the park's 50th anniversary, whatever that may be.

I don't think it really matters that Screamin' Eagle is a landmark coaster. Colossus was pretty notable and Six Flags RMCed it, but who knows.

In this case I think it does really matter. Eagle was John Allen's last coaster design, a design he had been working towards throughout his career, and one he was immensely proud of. Just seems like a dicey proposition, especially because the Eagle is still a kickass ride. It's like a classic car. My understanding is that Colossus was getting really rough before the transformation. That's just not the case with Eagle. Enough work has been done to keep her running well. When the sun sets on a warm day, a dusk ride on the Eagle is one of the best rides you can have in the park.

Screamin' Eagle will never be RMC'd for a long list of reasons

-It's the park's only "classic" coaster- it's untouchable in my opinion

-It is one of the few rides that has a 42" height requirement

-The entrance isn't ADA accessible at the moment, and to market it as a new ride they'd need to completely rebuild the station

-Corporate isn't about to spend that much money on a SFSTL coaster

How much can you do with a straight forward out and back coaster? Twisted Colossus was different, because it plays on its long layout and racing trains. You can't compare Screamin Eagle to an atrociously rough coaster like the Georgia Cyclone or Rattler. The layouts are prone to becoming rough coasters. There's also no reason to change the Screaming Eagle. It's not rough and its had a line the last few times I've been to the park. Out of about ten rides I've had within the last few years only one was kind of rough.

American Thunder isn't even worth bringing up. It's incredibly smooth and isn't it friendly to younger riders? Giving it an RMC treatment would be pointless.

I'm sorry, but this conversation is pretty tired. It's silly. We might as well talk about the Skyride coming back or the enclosure of the Mine Train. The idea of a new smaller scale coaster is much more realistic than the concept of contradicting what Six Flags has already made abundantly clear.

We might as well talk about the Skyride coming back or the enclosure of the Mine Train.

Since we're talking about the enclosure of the Mine Train, can we speculate if they'll ever bring back the spotlight and air horn when it dipped into the tunnel?

A few park updates:

Supergirl's paint scheme looks fantastic in person, and I think that area of Britannia is going to look great when it's finished.

Mobile food ordering will be coming to the park sometime this season at a few restaurants.

Season passes will no longer have biometrics linked with them, the whole chain will be moving back to a photo-based system.

Mardi Gras fest will not be returning this season.

Most of that is good news. Bummed about Mardi Gras though, that was fun.

Also bummed about Mardis Gras. Parade, food and drinks were fun. We made sure to make it to the park for it the last two years.

Mike

A few park updates:

Supergirl's paint scheme looks fantastic in person, and I think that area of Britannia is going to look great when it's finished.

Mobile food ordering will be coming to the park sometime this season at a few restaurants.

Season passes will no longer have biometrics linked with them, the whole chain will be moving back to a photo-based system.

Mardi Gras fest will not be returning this season.

Forgive me for being unaware, but do all of those enterprises have wild light packages? Hopefully so. A big positive of the influx of new flats in recent years is how much more vivid the lighting is at night. Supergirl could really do wonders for brightening up that area of the park.

I'm excited to see what direction the park goes this year with a new director of maintenance. The new guy was a manager in maintenance at Magic Mountain and Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi. Hopefully he can continue and maybe increase the number of projects the park is currently do to make it look nicer.

• 2 weeks later...

Some cool video here via the YouTubes of a truck pull that took place in 1990 at the back of the park -

You can still see this area straight off of the lift hill from the screamin' eagle. They would do monster trucks and demo derbies back there around this time as well.

A friend who works for Bigfoot gave me these shots. Same area. Another friend of mine who is a monster truck junkie that also worked at the park in the late 80's said the pulls/monsters were part of a yearly Country Fair event that took place.

673552682_bigfootsixflags.thumb.png.09caed3650114577c89425be5bc0aeac.png

1260856784_bigfootsixflags2.thumb.png.2d07ee55eaf126b8feaae0c7de6837bf.png

That's really cool. I loved the Bigfoot monster truck growing up. I worshiped it and remember eating lunch under the truck on Lindbergh pretty often. I remember my parents taking me to a monster truck rally at 'The Barn,' wearing ear plugs and having the time of my life.

Ironically, I ended up being into small displacement foreign cars, with zero interest large motor American trucks.

That's really cool. I loved the Bigfoot monster truck growing up. I worshiped it and remember eating lunch under the truck on Lindbergh pretty often. I remember my parents taking me to a monster truck rally at 'The Barn,' wearing ear plugs and having the time of my life.

Ironically, I ended up being into small displacement foreign cars, with zero interest large motor American trucks.

The Bigfoot on Lindbergh is gone now, too, unfortunately. Moved away and sold it to one of the local car dealerships to use as a repair shop.