Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby WolfBobs » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:50 pm

TheAmericanKnight wrote:Is this park going to get a new thrilling steel coaster within the next 5 years, or do you think it will be more like within the next 10 years?

I guess it depends on your definition of "thrilling" as this is a small park rebuilding after being closed down and most rides and coasters removed. I wouldn't expect a B&M, Intamin or anything huge and expensive for sometime.

But as stated before a small eurofighter like Tantrum at Darian Lake would be perfect here. Also I would love to see a SBF Visa Spinner or a GG family woodie. Those would all be amazing, cost effective additions that would help this park continue it's amazing success story.

But Dan Koch has been very transparent with their growth strategy and it is waterpark and family friendly focused. If you're hoping for a giant B&M Hyper in the short near future you're gonna be very disappointed.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 am

WolfBobs wrote:
TheAmericanKnight wrote:Is this park going to get a new thrilling steel coaster within the next 5 years, or do you think it will be more like within the next 10 years?

But Dan Koch has been very transparent with their growth strategy and it is waterpark and family friendly focused. If you're hoping for a giant B&M Hyper in the short near future you're gonna be very disappointed.

Some people just like to speculate even when it is an utter waste of time. I trust the word of the guy running the park, it is nice to see him jump in this thread every once in a while to provide updates.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:02 pm

After seeing the Adventureland announcement of Phoenix, I think that if ASA gets a new steel coaster at any point within the next couple years, I could see them getting a Maurer spinning coaster like Phoenix. That be family friendly, but thrilling. It would also be pretty cheap. A brand new one costs six million, but I think the one from Dixie Landin is still on the market.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Alabama Splash Adventure posted some pictures of the assembly of Galleon. It looks great! I don’t know how old it was at Bowcraft, but it looks nearly brand new. I’m glad that they are keeping the lighting package. It may seem like a small and basic addition, but it is amazing to see the dry park growing. Anything to keep the guests in the park longer, and the three additions this year will definitely keep families in the park longer.
95824F84-338E-474A-962B-0CF89D3579F6.jpeg
C518B1F3-84F8-4B2A-A4F8-68CA74C439F4.jpeg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:47 am

Looks good. I really wish they bought Bowcraft's music express. It's pretty new and is wicked fast! Would be nice to see a music express back where it used to be on that midway.

Anyone know where this galleon ship is in the park?
Yankee Cannonball <3

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:32 am

Galleon will be where the Marvel Mania once was and they'll be utilizing the same station and queue line as the roller coaster.
I would love to see another Music Express in the park, but it currently isn't in the plan. Somebody commented on their Facebook post and asked if they planned on adding a Himalaya style ride again, and they said that they currently aren't planning for it, but there's always hope for the future!
I actually love the look of the Rock'N'Tug where it is on the old ride pad. I think they made the little area look nice.
Screenshot 2019-02-05 at 8.28.37 AM.png

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:59 am

Hmmm. Take this with a grain of salt, but Screamscape posted about a rumor of a new coaster coming to Alabama Splash Adventure in 2020 or 2021. If i do see a coaster coming either one of those years, I would think maybe 2021. I'm just pretty skeptical. Though then again, the park has been investing heavily into new additions these past couple years (new rides and restaurant in 2016; four new rides, a high dive show, and a new slide complex in 2018; a new ride and two new water slides in 2019). If they were to get a new coaster, I wonder what it about be or even if it would be a more family-thrill oriented coaster or an extreme coaster. I also wonder where they would put it. I think putting it in the former location of Buzzsaw Falls would be a great place for it since that old area is kind of an eyesore, it would be right at the front of the park so it can loom over the main entrance area, and it would round out that area of the park since they could then open up a pathway that connects the area of the new coaster with the area over by Galleon, Jump Around, and Crank'N'Roll. Plus then they could open up a few more stores on Main Street with the increased foot traffic in the area to increase sales and revenue.

Whatever they add, I'm sure the community would love it. From all the likes on Facebook, positive comments, and excellent reviews, the place is loved by many families in the Birmingham area. Even "small" additions like new splash pads, more fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo in the waterpark, and new pathways are greatly appreciated by customers in the area.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:24 am

A family coaster would certainly be the most realistic. Is their a confirmed buyer for Crossbow at Bowcraft yet? That would be a great ride for the park.
Yankee Cannonball <3

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 pm

The Crossbow is still listed as for sale on a couple sites, but I agree! I think it would be an excellent step up from the Centi-Speed, but still not as aggressive as Rampage. Crossbow is fun with some hard g forces for a family coaster. It seems like Crossbow and Music Express were not sold yet. I’d love to see those rides come to the park, along with a new Ferris wheel

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LegendLover » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Just about complete! The motor just needs to be put in place and final touches need to be made, then it will be ready to set sail! I’m so excited! Even though swinging ships make me a little nauseous.
F62FDB81-0430-4C28-BE74-29C0E5B35E55.jpeg
DBCD8456-FD58-4265-A629-0E15E3B0E135.jpeg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!