TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2018 TPR Coaster Poll

Chase is probably a better person to answer your first two...

As for the Hurricanes / Windstorms? They're a grey area. Generally they don't meet our size cutoff. The two you mentioned are somewhat different. Cliffhanger is a clone in terms of layout but it has a significant novelty in the fact that it's at the top of a gigantic cliff, meaning that the great view might cause someone to rank it higher (though slightly). Runaway Mountain actually meets our size cutoff, as it's larger than those clones.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, so ya just save your rankings and by the end of the month is it automatically collected? Nothing I have to "submit" or anything?

Well Im excited to update my rankings with all my new 2018 creds, because this is my life

Yes. When you click the green "done ranking" button and you can no longer drag / drop or change the numbers in your list, your ballot is good to go.

Great for putting this together again, you guys!

I'm creating my list, several pages at a time. And I am really having a tough time, trying to remember

which Asian parks we went to in the TPR 2012 China Tour. I'm pretty much leaving them out, as I just

can't remember parks' names, to what coasters were where, etc.

Getting old has it's crap.

ooo. that was HARD. But will admit that only 2 "new in 2018" coasters cracked my top 10, but at least one "new to ME" coaster did as well.

I know it's all up to personal preference, but I really just focused on the top 25, and then the bottom 10. . everything else I just stuck in the middle.

Funnily enough, my bottom 10?

5 are Vekoma, and strangely only one Arrow

go figure

^ Who made the other four in your Bottom 10?

1 Mack, one B&M, 1 Togo, and the worst? a GCI

that one is so bad, I chose to sit and watch Mennonites rather than ride it (again) while the rest of my group did.

and still happy with that decision

IMG_5181.thumb.JPG.ac4c47ccc2c6d526e95688bc190a750d.JPG

Quick question - if we mark down that we have ridden certain coasters, but we don't rank them, is that any different than not marking them down at all?

Edit: Also, is there a way to completely clear last year's rankings? I want to redo pretty much my whole list

As far as the results are concerned, not ranking them is the same as not marking them ridden.

There’s not a built in way to reset everything. If you still want to do that, probably the easiest way is to mark each coaster “unridden”, then ridden again. You should be able to do this from the ranking page or from viewing all of the coasters you’ve ridden.

I am having trouble. I did this last year with no issue. I have 4 new coasters to add. When I go to drag and drop it wont let me, it just highlights the text as if I was copy pasting.

I am having trouble. I did this last year with no issue. I have 4 new coasters to add. When I go to drag and drop it wont let me, it just highlights the text as if I was copy pasting.

go to the bottom of the page, and click the yellow button

from main post:

If you voted last year, make sure you click the yellow "Not Done Yet" button

Super easy over here after having voted last year. Thanks for making it so it just saved everything, made it a breeze. Just added the dozen or so new creds and had no issues dragging/dropping/ranking. A few other things got moved around a bit but I'm pretty satisfied with my order and can't wait to see the results this year.

go to the bottom of the page, and click the yellow button

from main post:

If you voted last year, make sure you click the yellow "Not Done Yet" button

Man am i dumb. Thank you.

How many copies does a ride need before it counts as a clone? Most rides I've ridden don't make the final poll numbers due to being in Korea/Japan. Just wondering if Draken will be grouped with Griffon (I think Sheikra and Oblivion are similar in having a single clone each) or does the fact this has a different train to Griffon have an effect on it being counted as a clone?

I only have about 70 coasters to my name so it sits just outside my top ten (mainly thanks to some friends who took me to Cedar Point on a visit out to them) and would look strange way above Griffon/Sheikra.

At this time, we will be grouping any coaster layout that has three identical (or near-identical) installations or more. This is subject to change and we'll be reviewing everything before the results go up in March.

I'll double-post here to preemptively answer some questions -

Quick question: Is there a way to search a coaster's position in the final results from last year? For example, if I wanted to find Joker's Jinx's position (random example, I don't actually care about JJ's position) on the list, how would I do that without having to manually go through each page and seeing if its name is there?

Interesting feature request, we'll look into it later down the line.

Also unrelated: How many riders were needed for a coaster to be given an unofficial predicted ranking?

Currently the cutoff is twelve (12) riders. Any coaster that has less than twelve people that have marked it as "ridden" is given a provisional ranking, marked by an asterisk (*) in the results. Same as before, this is subject to change and will be reviewed prior to the results becoming official.

^Oh lol, I was literally just about the repost those questions here

Thanks for the answers.

Do you think for the future there could be a way to see how many riders each coaster had? Particularly those with the *?

Also to repost a bug first brought up by Garet: Several pages on the 2017 combined and steel lists return error 500 messages. Is this a known error?

Only a few. I never intended to ride it but every single ride was a walk-on and curiosity got the best of me.

It's not like I love the thing now. I immediately went to the store and got some Aleve when I got off (seriously) but every other time I rode it I was assigned the back row and sat in the outside seat. This time I could pick my seat and I sat further up on the inside since Brit happily bailed and I was riding solo. It's incredibly rough but it didn't deliver the same merciless beating that I was used to so I could appreciate that while it's absolutely brutal it's also insanely cool.

Basically I went from hating the ride to being confused by the ride. I don't know how to feel about it. It's not something I would ride more than once a day but I don't really think I hate it either and a sick part of me wants to ride it again. It's so f*cked up.

:lol: Only a few. I never intended to ride it but every single ride was a walk-on and curiosity got the best of me.

It's not like I love the thing now. I immediately went to the store and got some Aleve when I got off (seriously) but every other time I rode it I was assigned the back row and sat in the outside seat. This time I could pick my seat and I sat further up on the inside since Brit happily bailed and I was riding solo. It's incredibly rough but it didn't deliver the same merciless beating that I was used to so I could appreciate that while it's absolutely brutal it's also insanely cool.

Basically I went from hating the ride to being confused by the ride. I don't know how to feel about it. It's not something I would ride more than once a day but I don't really think I hate it either and a sick part of me wants to ride it again. It's so f*cked up.

The side you sit on will also affect your ride. The "right" side (closest to Viper when you board the train) is jerkier than the other side. There are weird bumps in the track that cause the seats on that side to jerk back and forth at various points, but the other side doesn't have that issue.

^ Oh yeah, last row on the Viper side is arguably the worst seat on that ride. The middle rows on the opposite side give the smoothest ride. Last row on the entry-gate side is a lot of fun; you just have to know when to brace for headbanging - which is basically the last two inversions and the last raven turn.