TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Sounds like maybe they're trying to improve food efficiency if you can order it and pick it up later. Comes with the ability to enter a meal plan code or Credit Card number, maybe? At least it sounds like they're trying. I wonder if there will be an extra charge for ordering ahead of time and picking up later.

Those types of people don't deserve to be in a place that's supposed to be safe for everyone.

What do you mean by "those types of people"? Please elaborate. I want to hear your answer to that.

*crickets*

And to reply to the others in this thread: It was implied by multiple people that low season pass prices allow for criminals to enter the park. This sentiment is brought up time and time again in this thread and I frankly was getting tired of it. My apologies if I seemed too aggressive in my response.

Those types of people don't deserve to be in a place that's supposed to be safe for everyone.

What do you mean by "those types of people"? Please elaborate. I want to hear your answer to that.

*crickets*

And to reply to the others in this thread: It was implied by multiple people that low season pass prices allow for criminals to enter the park. This sentiment is brought up time and time again in this thread and I frankly was getting tired of it. My apologies if I seemed too aggressive in my response.

Oh no, not too aggressive at all. Prozach simply pointed out a laughable situation, and Chris went and dragged it down into bare minimum classism if not outright racism. These days we've got to be aggressive with that sh*t.

My understanding of the food ordering option is that you can order ahead of time, but you have to wait until yo get to the dining location and check-in before they make the food. This way you don't have to wait in line to order and wait in line to pickup. Not 100% sure but this was how I took it when they told us.

Oh no, not too aggressive at all. Prozach simply pointed out a laughable situation, and Chris went and dragged it down into bare minimum classism if not outright racism. These days we've got to be aggressive with that sh*t.

Are you really going to try to play the race card on a theme park forum? Unless I read my own post wrong, I'm pretty sure I didn't mention any specific race as being a problem at the park, nor did I even mention any. And I never said that all poor people are criminals or don't deserve to be at the park either.

By "those types of people" I meant anyone who might have criminal intent or is involved with criminal activities, which is in some places statistically more common with lower-class people. That doesn't mean that's the case in Eureka or most places in Missouri even. I'm not some rich snob that doesn't want any lower-class people in the park, nor am I a horrible racist, so you can go be aggressive with "that sh*t" somewhere else, my guy. I don't think discussing classism is an appropriate conversation to be having on a TPR forum, so I apologize for continuing this further.

Dude. I did not expect you to sing all the greatest hits. Thank you so much; you have made your feelings spectacularly clear.

You also just accused me of being a racist with no basis, when it was pretty obvious what I meant. So I was telling you why you're wrong

If you're going to be inflammatory and try to start flame wars on the internet just because you can, this isn't the time or the place to do that.

For what its worth I've got your back.

Lower-income peoples generally have greater propensity to commit theft, drug use/dealing, and other such disorderly-conduct-type crimes. To say that you don't want people who tend to engage in such activities at a theme park does not make you a racist.

Facts are facts and some people (see what I did there?) have trouble accepting that.

Now let's not get off into the realm of identity politics here. People are not defined by one behaviour. Saying a behaviour is morally objectionable is not the same as saying a person is morally objectionable. Those are worlds apart.

Let's make clear what exactly was objectionable about the original statement: That "those types of people" should not be allowed to do a thing. It shows thinking of groups rather than individuals and a sense that's one's own group should control another group's access. Those things are morally wrong. I hate that I have to spell out something so obvious, but people are confused about this point.

Now let's not get off into the realm of identity politics here. People are not defined by one behaviour. Saying a behaviour is morally objectionable is not the same as saying a person is morally objectionable. Those are worlds apart.

Let's make clear what exactly was objectionable about the original statement: That "those types of people" should not be allowed to do a thing. It shows thinking of groups rather than individuals and a sense that's one's own group should control another group's access. Those things are morally wrong. I hate that I have to spell out something so obvious, but people are confused about this point.

Ultimately, "my group" has no say who can buy season passes and enter the park because I don't work for Six Flags. I respect the way that you see behavior as it relates to individuals, but in my opinion it's a different story when you're talking about public places like theme parks, especially with a company that has bad history with guest safety and gang violence at its parks.

But honestly it's not a problem until it's a problem, other than drunk people punching Daffy Duck there isn't any reason for the park to be concerned. I just hope it doesn't ever become an issue. Can we move on now, please?

Ultimately, "my group" has no say who can buy season passes and enter the park because I don't work for Six Flags. I respect the way that you see behavior as it relates to individuals, but in my opinion it's a different story when you're talking about public places like theme parks, especially with a company that has bad history with guest safety and gang violence at its parks.

But honestly it's not a problem until it's a problem, other than drunk people punching Daffy Duck there isn't any reason for the park to be concerned. I just hope it doesn't ever become an issue. Can we move on now, please?

I think we can agree on that, definitely.

^ I think he means in addition to the already quality collection of woodies you guys have. I agree that none of your woodies need RMC.

Some people say The Boss needs an RMC makeover, but every year that goes by the chances of that seem to get lower and lower, especially since they just spent a bunch of money modifying the track last year. As for the other woodies, Screamin' Eagle is a coaster landmark and will most likely always be left the way it is, and American Thunder is probably too compact and just doesn't need it.

I'm still holding out hope that we get some kind of new coaster for the park's 50th anniversary, whatever that may be.

It seems like SFStl would be a prime candidate for an S&S 4D or a RMC Raptor for their next coaster. These models have been the standard coaster additions for the smaller parks in the SF chain, and the 4Ds have even gone to some of their bigger parks. I would expect SFStl to get one of these coasters in the next few years. I can't see one of the park's 3 woodies getting an RMC makeover due to the reasons Chris mentioned above.

Sadly, the RMC'ing of the Boss will NEVER happen for two reasons (as talked about before) 1) Too expensive 2) IF it happened, they'd have to significantly reduce the length making it not something worth the investment. It's really a bummer, because of all the woodies in the SF chain, that one would benefit the best from an RMC and I bet they'd get ultra creative with that layout