TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

in the past few years i've only ridden two boomerangs i can remember. the carowinds one because i wanted to try the vest restraints i hadn't yet, and invertigo at kings island because it was inverted, and i hadn't been on one since cga's. other than that, i've skipped them at every park i've been to. probably 10? just a random guess out of about 20 parks.

they were cool when they first came out, but now i spend my time doing something else, even waiting for others to get off of them.

My six year old's first ride as a member of the 48'incher was a Boomerang.

It rocked his world. It's like a McDonalds burger - yes they are MUCH MUCH better more expensive burgers available, but it is cheap, consistent, readily available and still tasty.

I have a question. I'm hoping someone may know the answer to.

I signed up to renew my Platinum Pass for 2019, but on the payment plan. Currently, my pass is not paid in full, as I hadn't planned on making any 2019 visits until Kings Island opens. However, I will be in Orange County for work next week and may have a couple of free hours. Was wondering if my Platinum pass will work at Knott's, even if it's not paid in full at this time.

Thanks!

I signed up to renew my Platinum Pass for 2019, but on the payment plan. Currently, my pass is not paid in full, as I hadn't planned on making any 2019 visits until Kings Island opens. However, I will be in Orange County for work next week and may have a couple of free hours. Was wondering if my Platinum pass will work at Knott's, even if it's not paid in full at this time.

Thanks!

Its an annual membership, not a monthly membership. The payment plan is just like buying a washing machine on installments -- you still get it upfront, but you just pay over time. The payment plan is just a way to get people living paycheck to paycheck to buy the product, it doesn't mean that it blocks you out if you haven't paid everything yet. You're just obligated to pay everything eventually, or they take whatever recourse is allowed in the agreement.

Thanks!

as long as it's a renewal you should be fine. if it were a new purchase, maybe you might have an issue if it hadn't been activated at kings island. but even then, i'm sure you'd be able to get in.

• 2 weeks later...

To add to the Boomerang discussion, I've been on two. Those being at WOF and SFStL. I had the opportunity to ride several others including at KBF. At that time I was a young enthusiast and did not know about credits so I didn't see the point in riding them being that I'd been on the one at WOF. I personally do not find the two that I have been on rough. I just find them nauseating. And I'm also just not fond of going upside down in reverse in general.

Of course several years later the relocated boomerang for SFStL showed up and at that time I knew of credits so gave it the go. I've been on it a handful of times. I may ride it again in the future. It is just not in the plans lol.

The Knott's Boomerang was awful.

The two in Missouri are decent. The only issue is the one at Worlds of Fun breaks down left and right.

I wouldn't say the Six Flags St. Louis one is decent, especially in May of last year...

It made my Bottom 10 list in the poll (I think bottom 5 even) if that says anything.

What made the Knott's Boomerang so bad (for me) were the dumb restraints. If it had the basic Arrow restraints, the ride would have been a bit more comfortable since most people's head sits above the top of the restraint. But Boomerang's had these dumb SLC-like pads that basically forced you to bang your head and there was no avoiding it.

But even with the world's smoothest, most comfortable trains for a Boomerang, I would still take HangTime in a heartbeat. That was such a good move by Knott's.

Hey guys. I hate to ask one of these rope drop strategy question but I feel like I have to break down and do it in this case...

We're planning a brief trip to Southern California later this week and we'll have a few hours on Saturday morning to visit Knott's before heading to the airport. We've been there before and we hate that we need to cut it a bit short but we're doing Disney the day before and since we'll be in Anaheim in the morning with Platinum Passes and time to kill it seems like a no-brainer to pop in for a bit. We'll probably have 3-4 hours tops.

Hangtime is new for us, as is Coast Rider (yay?). More importantly, the last time we were at the park the log ride was down for it's big refurbishment so I've never been on it. We rode Calico mine ride but it's since been updated and we'd like to ride the refreshed version.

Obviously those rides are priorities as well as Xcelerator and (this is a Brit thing), Pony Express .

The dilemma is here really Ghostrider. I know that it's a capacity nightmare and while we've been on it I'd like to ride it now that it no longer sucks.

My temptation is to head right for the back of the park at opening and knock out Hangtime, Coast Rider, Xcelerator, Timber Mountain (hopefully) and Mine Ride in a big loop and I assume that if we do that we won't wait much for any of them. If we do that are we totally screwed on Ghostrider? Similarly, if we rope drop Ghostrider are we probably going to be screwed with lines for everything else by the time we get off? Keep in mind that it's a Saturday.

PS: Timber Mountain was supposed to be done with it's refurb on Saturday but it's been extended another week. At this point if it goes over it's refurb at all we'll be 0-2 on our attempts to ride it. Knott's hates me.

Hey guys. I hate to ask one of these rope drop strategy question but I feel like I have to break down and do it in this case...

We're planning a brief trip to Southern California later this week and we'll have a few hours on Saturday morning to visit Knott's before heading to the airport. We've been there before and we hate that we need to cut it a bit short but we're doing Disney the day before and since we'll be in Anaheim in the morning with Platinum Passes and time to kill it seems like a no-brainer to pop in for a bit. We'll probably have 3-4 hours tops.

Hangtime is new for us, as is Coast Rider (yay?). More importantly, the last time we were at the park the log ride was down for it's big refurbishment so I've never been on it. We rode Calico mine ride but it's since been updated and we'd like to ride the refreshed version.

Obviously those rides are priorities as well as Xcelerator and (this is a Brit thing), Pony Express .

The dilemma is here really Ghostrider. I know that it's a capacity nightmare and while we've been on it I'd like to ride it now that it no longer sucks.

My temptation is to head right for the back of the park at opening and knock out Hangtime, Coast Rider, Xcelerator, Timber Mountain (hopefully) and Mine Ride in a big loop and I assume that if we do that we won't wait much for any of them. If we do that are we totally screwed on Ghostrider? Similarly, if we rope drop Ghostrider are we probably going to be screwed with lines for everything else by the time we get off? Keep in mind that it's a Saturday.

PS: Timber Mountain was supposed to be done with it's refurb on Saturday but it's been extended another week. At this point if it goes over it's refurb at all we'll be 0-2 on our attempts to ride it. Knott's hates me.

I would still hit up Ghostrider at opening and then head to the back of the park. If you wait to ride GR until later, you are proabably looking at a 60-90 min wait or more. It takes awhile for people to make it to the back of the park, so I would attack your day like this: GR/Xcelerator/Coast Rider/Hangtime/Pony/TMLR/Mine ride. The TMLR and Mine rides are pretty high capacity, so your waits shouldn't be bad if you save them until the afternoon.

Does GhostRider tend to open late or have I just been unlucky? The two times I've gone at opening have seen the ride closed for the first hour or two while they finished walking the track.

If it's open right away, definitely hit GhostRider first. That is far and away the worst queue in the park. Make sure you ride in the very back at least once.

I'd hit Pony second since it's on the way, can break down, and doesn't have the best capacity. I'd get HangTime next before most people make it back there. The only reason to hit Xcelerator first would be to avoid the queue from hell for the front row.

I remember way back in Sept.2016, when I attended the West Coast Bash back then, I went a day early to Knott's, but didn't ride GhostRider (until the ERT we were going to get during our " WCB Day" there) that day. However, I did note the sign at the queue entrance, stating the coaster not opening until 11 am that day.

Could be a regular scheduling thing with it, from Knott's.

IMG_1983.JPG.e6c24c0aff8e83c14a90790f284dc16b.JPG

Me and my #700. But not running till 11 am that day. Sept.09/2016.

I would still hit up Ghostrider at opening and then head to the back of the park. If you wait to ride GR until later, you are proabably looking at a 60-90 min wait or more. It takes awhile for people to make it to the back of the park, so I would attack your day like this: GR/Xcelerator/Coast Rider/Hangtime/Pony/TMLR/Mine ride. The TMLR and Mine rides are pretty high capacity, so your waits shouldn't be bad if you save them until the afternoon.

they may also be doing the single rider line which i was told is only on the weekends. so i have no experience with it myself. maybe get a ride in right at opening, then another later if there is indeed a single rider line.

I'm headed to Knott's Saturday. We're checking out of our hotel at Disney and then taking a Lyft up to Knott's. Is it possible to leave our luggage at the KBF Hotel? We're headed to SNA for our flight home in the evening and would like to take a Lyft directly to the airport from Knott's.

^^ yeah, that's gonna be my suggestion too. not the hotel, but the park. I'd call the park to ask if they have any suggestions for your situation? (they might be willing to hold your bags at Guest Relations, or offer you a large storage bunny up near the front of the park). . . or point you to the Hotel.

it used to not be an issue, but in this day and age? not so sure a hotel would allow a non-staying guest to leave unattended bags.

but you are going into the park, and the hotel is associated with the park.... . . so maybe check ahead via phone to see what storage options are.

I called the park and they said once I get to the metal detectors to make a left and take our rolling bags to the Information desk. Apparently they'll hold our luggage there. Hopefully it works out, but we'll pack light just in case. I'm glad we won't have to leave our bags at a hotel in Anaheim.

I've been to Knott's and stayed at their hotel many times (including back in the Radisson days), but the last time was many years ago.