SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 619: Seven Seas Food Festival Media Preview report posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Pass member discount! Bam Bam!!

https://discoverycove.com/orlando/special-offers/pass-members/?from=SWO_Pass_Promo&_ga=1.102132866.2026998744.1489667078

I noticed they force you into the 2 bonus parks on the official website now (this wasn't the case a few weeks ago)

For those without a pass and don't want SeaWorld, you can still get just the day resort or just the day+dolphin without SeaWorld etc on Visit Orlando, tickets at work, and undercover tourist from what I can tell.
Last edited by anonymouscactus on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:46 pm.

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Adventure:
- Swimming with the giant sting rays and exotic fish. You can easily spend an hour or more doing this.
- Up close animal encounters with a roaming employee (in the past we have seen sloths, owls, Hawks, giant A$$ turtles, armadillo, marmosets, anteaters). -- note you are not guaranteed to see these, often times it's luck. Sometimes they have schedules posted on a chalkboard.
- feeding the birds. You can easily spend a half hour doing this and seeing all the different rooms and types of birds.
- Dolphin swim. You spend about 20 min in the water for this and 15 minutes prep.

Relaxation:
- free booze
- location in water to enjoy said booze
- free food/snacks
- hammocks
- beach chairs in the sand
- (Cabana is very expensive, though since I knew a manager I did get the VIP treatment for free once. The Cabana was awesome but I wouldn't pay $200 for another place to lay... but that's just me. It's private and somewhere to keep your stuff if you don't want (an already free for everyone) fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo
- lazy river, you will want to go around more than once. When we say lazy river it's not really like any other lazy river you've been in and you can easily spend 30 min going around once. You don't use innertubes.
- freshwater Oasis: has an island of small marmosets that you can't get very close to, and an otter enclosure. This will take about 15 minutes.

Honestly if that doesn't sound interesting then I wouldn't go. It really is hard to explain but I've brought at least 15 different people along with me various times and every single person enjoyed it. Some got cold when we went in the fish area when it was 45 degrees out and raining but that's out of my control, but the lazy river is super warm and you'll spend a lot of time exploring.

There are two different albums on my Facebook profile that --you-- have access to with over 850 photos. -- "Discovery Cove (scenery)" and "Discovery Cove (people). You'll have to dig a little far back on my albums to see them. Sorry to everyone else lol I don't want to make them public.

It's just a place you go to chill and get away from everything else in Orlando. If that makes sense. Great for a "last day of your vacation" adventure.

You keep asking what there is to do, but part of Discovery Cove is what you DON'T do, too. (Oh man that's deep)

If you have any questions let me know!

Here is a 10 minute YouTube video that walks you through everything from start to finish. From checking in, to fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, to stuff you'll see. It's a good watch for someone who hasn't been before. I think it's a great overview of everything crammed into just the right amount of time.

https://youtu.be/R_V9tn2Lxlo

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby rjr19 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:21 pm

At the park right now, Mako has been closed all day with no signs of opening soon, Kraken running one train with a 45 minute wait. So far, SWO seems kinda disappointing to me.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm

^ Sorry to hear. I had a great day on Sunday with very little waits and everything was running with multiple trains despite the walk-on crowds. SWO is a great park, but that is definitely frustrating. Hope things opened up later on for you.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby rjr19 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:02 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:^ Sorry to hear. I had a great day on Sunday with very little waits and everything was running with multiple trains despite the walk-on crowds. SWO is a great park, but that is definitely frustrating. Hope things opened up later on for you.

Frustrating indeed. By around 5 PM, Mako reopened with not too bad of a line, running 2 out of the 3 trains. Kraken stayed one train all day which was a bit aggravating. At the end of the night, lines were nonexistent, Mako stayed 2 trains, resulting in an amazing marathon session, and Manta went to one train, but a short wait, but had a few hiccups with the leg restraints not closing with the harnesses. The massive amounts of school groups made for the long lines earlier in the day, but by night, it was very enjoyable.
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:18 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:
Here is a 10 minute YouTube video that walks you through everything from start to finish. From checking in, to fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, to stuff you'll see. It's a good watch for someone who hasn't been before. I think it's a great overview of everything crammed into just the right amount of time.

https://youtu.be/R_V9tn2Lxlo

Yo brah thanks for this video and all the tips. All booked up for next month, can't wait!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:47 pm

Need some help here...

Does the park have a schedule of ride closures/rehabs posted anywhere? I cant seem to find one on the official website, and we are visiting at the end of the month.

There are pictures floating around of the dolphin nursery going thru a rehab, but not a hint of it on the website. I hope it's going to be open, as it's one of my kids favorite things in the park.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:16 pm

Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction.

Edit:

------ wrong -----
A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.
----- wrong -------

I would call the park or rely on someone who lives close by :-P
Last edited by anonymouscactus on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:16 am.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby BintamiM » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:00 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction. A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

I would call the park or rely on someone who lives close by :-P

Seaworld does have a schedule of when rides will be down.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/rides/

At the top they state about happy harbour being closed now and at the bottom they have the schedule of rides shut down throughout the year

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:08 am

^ I stand corrected!

Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!