TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Thanks!

We're going on a Thursday so I'm not even convinced that we'll need Flash Pass based on Queue-Times but the price is pretty reasonable so we were prepared to buy it. That said, if they're seriously not putting their best ride on the system on any level (even as single use) then nevermind (we'll check to see if that changes though).

And yeah, I'll try to get over the disappointment from Green Lantern. I know Apocalypse is down too but I'm pretty sure I'll survive.

If you check the rides page on the app for SFMM, Twisted Colossus doesn't have the Flash Pass icon next to it.
When I went 5 months ago, I got the Gold Flash Pass. Twisted Colossus, New Revolution, Full Throttle, X2, and Crazanity were all available on Gold, except for Ninja and Superman.

They sadly got rid of the $15 extra ride a long time ago

Thanks!

We're going on a Thursday so I'm not even convinced that we'll need Flash Pass based on Queue-Times but the price is pretty reasonable so we were prepared to buy it. That said, if they're seriously not putting their best ride on the system on any level (even as single use) then nevermind (we'll check to see if that changes though).

And yeah, I'll try to get over the disappointment from Green Lantern. I know Apocalypse is down too but I'm pretty sure I'll survive.

Apocalypse was actually running really well after the retrack and it never had much of line since it's in the back corner of the park. Hopefully Crazanity is open when you go because that thing is insane. It's definitely the best giant frisbee ride I've been on and I'm glad to see that SF is putting them in more parks. There's some good airtime at the apex of the swing and a cool freefall sensation on the downswing. It has a pretty good line even on slow days, so you might want to hit it up earlier in the day. Since schools will be in session on Thursday, I really doubt you will need a Flash Pass.

Edited by VegasBaby

^ Revolution is no longer restricted to just one ride. They did remove the single rider line though.

But even if it was still restricted, Revolution hardly ever has more than a station wait ever since they removed VR - except on super crowded days.

Screamscape

West Coast Racers - (2/3/19) I’m afraid the rumored issue Six Flags Magic Mountain may have been having with West Coaster Racers is looking to be true, as it is currently February and not only has no serious vertical construction started for the coaster, but I’m hearing that no parts have even arrived. Without going into too much detail, the rumor suggested that major portions of the ride had to be redesigned to fit the site… which means a total redesign of the support system and footer locations, which would explain why there has been little progress so far, which of course would delay the actual production of the ride’s hardware until the new plans were finished. In other words, if all this holds true the opening of the actual coaster could be delayed by months, missing the prime summer opening window. Stay tuned!

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

From what I saw last week, they only had dirt cleared.

Though this is the park that took until July to open a frisbee flat so it could just be the usual slow construction too. Either way, it doesn't look like this will be opening for a while.

Go outside the park to eat if you can. There's multiple malls and strip malls with much better food, both restaurant and quick service/fast casual (Zanku, Presto Pasta, PizzaRev, Red Robin, Islands, Pei Wei, Pick Up Stix, Chili's... just to name a few).

If time is an issue, the best of the worst park options could be the garlic fries/chicken strips combo (but only if you like VERY garlicly, greasy fries... but I do) just outside of Food Etc., or Food Etc. itself (although lines can get long for some counters). Full Throttle Bar is fine... not terrible, but not really great either. Haven't actually tried Chop Six near Viper, but when it first opened, I heard it was better than expected--though I totally guess no one expected much, so take that as you will. It's not original, but there is a Johnny Rockets counter service near Crazanity that has mobile ordering. Best quick snack in the park: roasted corn on the cob near Batman.

Why am I not surprised?

Exactly. I wish they would just scrap the coaster and fix up what they have. Clean the park a bit and make it a little nicer looking, like it was eons ago. Make it a more user-friendly park. Like that other chain we can't mention with out being called a fanboy (including when we are not).

Why am I not surprised?

Exactly. I wish they would just scrap the coaster and fix up what they have. Clean the park a bit and make it a little nicer looking, like it was eons ago. Make it a more user-friendly park. Like that other chain we can't mention with out being called a fanboy (including when we are not).

While SFMM certainly has it's problems, we do have to give some credit where it's due: they actually are cleaning the park and making it nicer. Steampunk District, Metropolis, Crazanity area, Full Throttle Plaza, have all been upgraded, and they are now working on a major area of the park with WCR. That's well over half the park being upgraded.

If I buy a premium dining pass from Six Flags America's site, can I use it at Six Flags Magic Mountain in February? It says it's available at all parks. My home park is SFA, but it won't be open before I go to SFMM

The dining passes are good at all 6 Flags parks. I use them a lot.

What I would be concerned about is if it needs to be registered at SFA, since new passes must be registered at your home park, and IDK enough about your membership situation and SF’s policies to say if you can use it at SFMM yet