TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

There are signs for the No Boo necklaces all over, I think there was at least 1 sign before you enter the park past the ticket booths. If she didn't want to get scared, she should have gone to the park during the day when there are no scare actors and left before Haunt started.

There are signs for the No Boo necklaces all over, I think there was at least 1 sign before you enter the park past the ticket booths. If she didn't want to get scared, she should have gone to the park during the day when there are no scare actors and left before Haunt started.

Guessing this took place in a maze, no boos dont work in mazes. So even if she had a no boo and went into a maze, she'll still get scared by actors. There is advertising at EVERY.STORE. in the park for no boos. The roving cart literally 15 ft from the main entrance has them. They're impossible to miss!

So they knowingly went to a Halloween event, and they are suing the park because they got a fright? Hmmmm

Basically this. If you are going to a Halloween event and don't want to get scared, just don't go. You can't fix stupid... These No Boo laces sound a bit over the top, if you ask me.

I would just roll on the floor if parks made you sign a waiver before getting into their houses, just to avoid this litigious situations... People must be really desperate to be looking for this kind of money, and it's because of those people that we can't have nice things (well, not me, I live in Europe ).

As a haunter, I find this amusing. There was this one night this past year where a mother was trying to push me out of the way for trying to scare her kids. So I just went off on the biggest rant about how she thinks she can come into my house and tell me what to do and that I was going to nail her to a chair and kill and eat her kids in front of her.

As a haunter, I find this amusing. There was this one night this past year where a mother was trying to push me out of the way for trying to scare her kids. So I just went off on the biggest rant about how she thinks she can come into my house and tell me what to do and that I was going to nail her to a chair and kill and eat her kids in front of her.

Hahahaha, perfect!

Reading what little info is available on this, it seems less that the kid got scared and more that she feel down and got hurt. If it was just "emotional damage" done by going to a Halloween event, the Reasonably Prudent Person standard would blow this case out of the water. The fact that there may be physical injuries caused by a fall makes it a little less difficult to dismiss on that basis. Still, if they're going to try to link the injury to the interaction with the ghouls ... well ... good luck. I'd offer the conjecture that they're looking for a quick settlement.

• 1 month later...

So I did not hear about this until browsing RCDB just now: According to RCDB, Laser will be making an appearance at Wierner Prater this year! Glad it's still running! Even though I've ridden very few Shwartzkopfs, I'm glad to see that this one seems to be doing fine!

Winterfest is clearly coming at some point. When? I don’t know and honestly after going to the Carowinds event I don’t really care but it would be nice for locals and I have no doubt that one of these days the teases that I always think are about Winterfest will actually be about Winterfest.

Cross-posting from KI:

Experience Cedar Fair’s All-New Grand Carnivale at Select Parks this Summer

Nightly parade and street party features live music and dance, authentic food and drinks, and energetic international theme

Email Print Friendly Share

March 26, 2019 07:00 ET | Source: Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

photo-release

Grand Carnivale brings an all-new high spirited parade and nightly street party with live entertainment and authentic foods from around the world - coming to select Cedar Fair parks for limited times this summer.

Sandusky, Ohio, March 26, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a leader in amusement parks, water parks and immersive entertainment, will present Grand Carnivale, a one-of-a-kind immersive evening spectacular featuring a high-spirited parade and nightly street party; the richly-themed event will spotlight a kaleidoscope of cultures with food, drink and live entertainment from around the world. This time limited event takes place at four parks this summer:

Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia and Kings Island in Mason, Ohio – June 15-July 7;

Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri – July 13-August 4; and

Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania – July 20-August 11."

You can read the rest of the press release here:

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/03/26/1767432/0/en/Experience-Cedar-Fair-s-All-New-Grand-Carnivale-at-Select-Parks-this-Summer.html?fbclid=IwAR1DMKUAXpn7uji1jbk01lFNcOPyDW5HQUmWdHnhUlfx7j_VAIe3FYqEyGc#.XJoWhp5c-tU.facebook

Don't know if this qualifies as a "secret" released early.

I'm ashamed to admit that every time I see that there are new posts in this thread, a tiny part of me wonders if Dorney has announced they're removing half the length of every queue because they'll never need it anyway. I know how unlikely it is, but it happens nonetheless.

FTFY

• 1 month later...

Valley Fair posted a video on their FB today showing off their holding break working again. Come on Dorney, get your sh*t together.

Mother of girl scared at amusement park's Halloween event seeks $150K in lawsuit

PHILADELPHIA — A girl's mother is seeking more than $150,000 in a lawsuit against an amusement park that held a Halloween event that allegedly scared the girl and caused her to fall.

Shannon Sacco, individually and as parent and natural guardian of M.S., a minor, filed a complaint on Jan. 14 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania against Cedar Fair LP, doing business as Dorney Park, alleging the defendants operated a Halloween attraction regard for the safety of its customers.

Dorney Park is located in Allentown and promotes a Halloween Haunt.

According to the complaint, on Sept. 15, 2017, the girl, with two of her friends, entered the park when costumed employees approached her despite her insisting they stop, as she did not want to be scared by them.

As the girl began to walk forward, one of the employees allegedly ran up from behind and yelled loudly into minor's ear, intentionally startling her. As a result, she allegedly lunged forward and fell forcefully to the ground, causing injuries that aren't specified in the complaint.

Her mom claims they were never made aware of an option to wear a "No Boo" necklace that notifies park employees to not spook them. The suit says the girl was a season pass holder.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment in an amount in excess of $150,000 exclusive of interest, costs and such further relief as the court may deem appropriate. She is represented by Diane Sodano and Richard Godshall of Ostroff Injury Law in Blue Bell.

Link

... I don't even have any f*cking words, I really don't.

Is this still going on, or was it (hopefully) dropped?