TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Maybe it's not just a Cedar Point thing. Check out Surf Dog's description on the Kings Island page. Link

"Surf Dog is the roller coaster that provides all the feels. The one that dreams are made of."

And then at Michigan's Adventure you have Big Dipper. Link

"Everyone needs a dream. A reason to shoot for the stars. But in order to reach your dream, you have to train. Likewise, before future roller coaster enthusiasts drop from unheard-of heights at mind-bending speeds here at Michigan’s Adventure, they need to train on a starter ride like our Big Dipper."

Well I guess I'm not going to bed for a while. These are gold!

Cedar Point has confirmed the 2019 early entry lineup which (I believe) is unchanged.

It is the same. https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/2018-early-entry-rides

Does Raptor ever open a little early? I'm pretty sure I rode Maverick, Millennium Force, Valravn, and Raptor in that order during early entry on my first day last year. I can't imagine it took me an hour to ride Maverick, MF, and Valravn once each, which were all walk-on or less than 5 minute wait. The second day I just lapped Maverick over and over during ERT, as it is the best coaster in the park.

Cedar Point has confirmed the 2019 early entry lineup which (I believe) is unchanged.

It is the same. https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/2018-early-entry-rides

Does Raptor ever open a little early? I'm pretty sure I rode Maverick, Millennium Force, Valravn, and Raptor in that order during early entry on my first day last year. I can't imagine it took me an hour to ride Maverick, MF, and Valravn once each, which were all walk-on or less than 5 minute wait. The second day I just lapped Maverick over and over during ERT, as it is the best coaster in the park.

IIRC Raptor is the #1 ride to replace another ride for Early Entry if the other is under maintenance or otherwise unavailable.

Is the "And please, no running!" note new?

Cedar Point is one of the few parks I've visited where I've never seen the employees discourage people from sprinting/running.

It's a safety thing. Too many people were so concerned with being first in line for Steel Vengeance that they forgot to secure their cell phones and virginity within a I0ckR.

Raptor used to be on standby for early entry back in 2017 when I was running early entry.

On weekends and peak days the ride would open for everyone. Most weekdays they kept the ride down until official opening but if one of the other EE rides was down for the day, they would replace it with raptor.

Quick question: Looking at the Express Hotel. If I book through Orbitz, can I add on tickets when I get there? One article had the wildcard passes for $58 at check. Orbitz + passes at checkin saves me a decent amount over booking it all through CP. Just not sure if this is possible. Thanks.

I'm guessing same would go for the Fast Lane passes and bundles at checkin?

Quick question: Looking at the Express Hotel. If I book through Orbitz, can I add on tickets when I get there? One article had the wildcard passes for $58 at check. Orbitz + passes at checkin saves me a decent amount over booking it all through CP. Just not sure if this is possible. Thanks.

I'm guessing same would go for the Fast Lane passes and bundles at checkin?

In order to get the Wildcard pass, you have to book directly through cedar point's website. It has to be the "Wildcard Package" when you book. You can't buy them separately.

1441045313_Wildcardpackage1.thumb.JPG.1eaeb9c35c00a8e6c701fe47a77b945c.JPG

This is what comes up for CP's Express hotel for 1 night stay with 2 people May 31-June1 (1 night). You would select the Wildcard Package in order for you (and those with you) to get the pass.

1294064504_Wildcardpackage2.thumb.jpg.17dcda44a107318b1f6a85d2cf2ff774.jpg

Thanks for the responses. Looks like Saturdays in June have to be booked through CP. So, we did Sat with all our passes through CP. The other 3 nights were through travelocity and saved us some money.

Can't wait to visit. My last visit was just after Mean Streak opened in 91.

. My last visit was just after Mean Streak opened in 91.

Holy crap! That’s 3 years after my first visit. It’s basically a different park now. My uncle had his first visit last year since 86 and he didn’t like it as much. Said the charm was gone..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty interesting what Cedar Point is doing in the area. The Sports Force Park and it's soon to open indoor addition, their collaboration with BGSU in opening a campus focused on Resort Management in downtown (lol) Sandusky, and these purchases along Cleveland Rd are huge investments in the community.

I have no idea what the grand plan is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these properties used to create a year-round destination.

It's pretty interesting what Cedar Point is doing in the area. The Sports Force Park and it's soon to open indoor addition, their collaboration with BGSU in opening a campus focused on Resort Management in downtown (lol) Sandusky, and these purchases along Cleveland Rd are huge investments in the community.

I have no idea what the grand plan is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these properties used to create a year-round destination.

Live footage of a guest trying to go to an outdoor event in Sandusky, Ohio in February:

ShiningEnding1-1050x656.thumb.jpg.37c21d26f6d5877c367ecf8b6f9ff786.jpg