TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

B&M hasn't moved on from any of those models. Parks have. It's a park's decision in the direction they want to go based on trends.

If a park wants a B&M Invert or Flying coaster, they'll order one and B&M will produce one. KI in conjunction with CF has proved that they don't give a damn. A flyer would likely be just as popular as the addition of Banshee.

As I said before, a flyer is NOT far fetched, especially for KI. I personally don't think it's as likely as other models and I wouldn't want to see that happen, but I think there's better of a chance of KI getting a flyer than anywhere else in the US. That's also considering the benefits of diversity between KI and CP with CF selling combined passes for both parks.

I think that B&M has moved on from inverts

True.

3ncHfwf.jpg

I'd say that one coaster being built in 6, going on 7 years when so many were built in the 90's is a telling sign. Supposedly one is being built in 2021, but to me it still sounds like crickets for B&M's inverted business.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6717&page=1&order=-8

You missed the point, which was that everyone thought the inverted model was extinct. Turns out that wasn't the case.

I think that B&M has moved on from inverts and flyers to vertical drop coasters, wing coasters, and hypers/gigas.

I'm sure they would too, I just don't think anyone would want one. Cedar Fair has made it quite clear what they think of standup coasters (and I agree with their assessment).

I agree, just making a point they'll do whatever parks pay for. I just hope parks choose their other options.

Although I have really enjoyed my recent rides on Riddler's Revenge and Green Lantern.

I'd say that one coaster being built in 6, going on 7 years when so many were built in the 90's is a telling sign. Supposedly one is being built in 2021, but to me it still sounds like crickets for B&M's inverted business.

Or perhaps not so many are being built now compared to the '90s because so many parks already have one... you know when they built them in the 90's?

People said dive coasters were dead after Oblivion/G9 and look how many have been built after Sheikra. One just opened in Korea. People said Flyers were dead after AIR/Superman and we've seen a few in China/Japan in recent years. Now if you'd said it's crickets for the aquatrax business (RIP Atlantis's water jets), I might have listened.

The only difference between now and the 90's is if a park decides on a B&M and approaches them they have a much bigger catalog to choose from on what they want.

Or perhaps not so many are being built now compared to the '90s because so many parks already have one... you know when they built them in the 90's?

People said dive coasters were dead after Oblivion/G9 and look how many have been built after Sheikra. One just opened in Korea. People said Flyers were dead after AIR/Superman and we've seen a few in China/Japan in recent years. Now if you'd said it's crickets for the aquatrax business (RIP Atlantis's water jets), I might have listened.

The only difference between now and the 90's is if a park decides on a B&M and approaches them they have a much bigger catalog to choose from on what they want.

I'm sure that what I bolded is a huge factor too. I agree with you on that. But you have to admit that there are fads and trends in the industry.

(well... except maybe a standup)

I could definitely see SFSTL constructing one if they decide to add their first 'new' steel coaster in 20 years.

As long as they use the old trains from Vortex (CGA).

I don't like flyers, but now I officially hope that it is.

The reaction (enthusiast and GP) would be priceless

Video of Firehawk's loop (and last major section?) coming down, courtesy of O'Rourke Wrecking Company:

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

So after watching this, I'm assuming that if they were hoping to sell the coaster and relocate it, they would have taken a more ginger approach to taking it down? Is letting the track crash into the ground like that something that you would only do if the steel was just going to be scrapped?

So after watching this, I'm assuming that if they were hoping to sell the coaster and relocate it, they would have taken a more ginger approach to taking it down? Is letting the track crash into the ground like that something that you would only do if the steel was just going to be scrapped?

No, you can duct tape it. It should be fine.

JT.gif.4400c1d04c9e14b03c91353aa6afa9ca.gif

It's going to Kentucky Kingdom, remember?

But in all seriousness, I wonder if Cedar Fair is becoming done with their Vekomas. They removed Boomerang, Stinger, and Firehawk all within 2 years. It makes me wonder how much longer their SLCs will last. I believe CW and MA are the only two Cedar Fair parks with one?

Video of Firehawk's loop (and last major section?) coming down, courtesy of O'Rourke Wrecking Company:

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Nope, they still relocate it to Dorney. The let it fall to the ground to smoothen out the famous Vekoma Bumps in all of their coasters in the most smart way.

Hi guys,

Maybe it ´s a dumb question, but I just want to be sure about the following:

We bought a CF platinum pass last year and we extended it online for 2019 on the Cedar Point website.

Our first Cf park we are going to visit this year (June) will be Kings Island. Is this gonna be a problem? Do we have to go to CP first to 'activate' the pass or can we do that at KI?

Thanks for the info!

Hi guys,

Maybe it ´s a dumb question, but I just want to be sure about the following:

We bought a CF platinum pass last year and we extended it online for 2019 on the Cedar Point website.

Our first Cf park we are going to visit this year (June) will be Kings Island. Is this gonna be a problem? Do we have to go to CP first to 'activate' the pass or can we do that at KI?

Thanks for the info!

You would probably need to contact Cedar Point to be sure. I renewed my platinum pass online. I will be visiting my home park first this year. That said, there is no date on my pass and my home park website website says not to throw away the current one. I assume this will be my pass as long as I keep renewing. If you are traveling from overseas, definitely get clarification from CP or CF first.

From Carowinds site: RENEWALS: Do not discard your current Season Pass once you renew.

Also this is under the auto-renew FAQ at CP's website:

Do I need to go through Season Pass processing each year I auto-renew?

After your Season Pass is automatically renewed, just keep your card and enjoy the park the following season. There is no need to visit the Season Pass Processing Center.

It shouldn't matter.

In 2017 I bought a pass online through CP's website but MiA is the first park I ended up going to, it processed just fine and I've got a Michigan's Adventure logo on the back of the card.

In 2018 I renewed through KD's Website and when I went to KD the first time, they scanned the card and printout at the parking booth and said it was good to go, so I've still got the same MiA card.