TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

One of the largest pieces of Finnegan's Flyer has arrived at Busch Gardens Williamsburg!

SPECIAL DELIVERY‼️ The very top piece of Finnegan's Flyer, which will support the two lower legs and swings, has arrived! By itself, it weighs about 14,900 lbs! Pretty soon this behemoth of a ride will be soaring over the Celtic cliffs of Killarney.

DxNCga-WwAAefPj.thumb.jpg.fefebff31e82a61f3c3f38f7e00399bc.jpg

I'm planning on visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time sometime this year. Right now I'm thinking about going sometime during the week before Memorial Day (May 20-24). How busy does the park usually get on those days? I see the park is open 10am-6pm those days, is that enough time to ride everything/experience the whole park in one day?

I've never had a major issue with queues at Busch Gardens evem on busier days. Their major coasters are capacity monsters. The three that get the longest waits are InvadR, Tempesto, and Verbolten. Usually I either hit them first thing or at the end of the day.

If the park happens to be busy, there is Quick Queue. But I have never needed it.

I've never had a major issue with queues at Busch Gardens evem on busier days. Their major coasters are capacity monsters. The three that get the longest waits are InvadR, Tempesto, and Verbolten. Usually I either hit them first thing or at the end of the day.

If the park happens to be busy, there is Quick Queue. But I have never needed it.

Yeah, I think that the park is designed to have a lot to do and look at for non-coaster lovers, so this takes care of the crowds pretty well. BGT on the other hand does get some monster crowds, unless you go on a Monday-Thursday outside of the holidays or school breaks.

^ Even Tampa isn't too much of an issue from a crowd perspective. Cheetah Hunt is the only ride with a consistently long line there. Sand Serpent, Cobra's Curse, Falcon's Fury, Scorpion, and SheiKra can all get up to a half hour, but that's not really bad for a park like Busch Gardens.

^ Even Tampa isn't too much of an issue from a crowd perspective. Cheetah Hunt is the only ride with a consistently long line there. Sand Serpent, Cobra's Curse, Falcon's Fury, Scorpion, and SheiKra can all get up to a half hour, but that's not really bad for a park like Busch Gardens.

Might depend on when you go. I've seen it empty, and I've seen it very crowded. Cobra's Curse actually does usually have a line that's about as long as Cheetah Hunt in my observation. ShieKra gets some long lines too. Montu can easily get to an hour when its hella crowded. Scorpian usually has a long wait as it only has one train ops. And Kumba can get up to a half hour when it gets packed -- I think mainly because frustrated guests just want to get on something. Kumba (other than the wild mouse and the kiddie coaster) is usually the last coaster to get a line, and is usually a walk-on if they run two trains.

I think that the crowds will only get more robust as Tigris and Twisted Tigers go in. I personally think that BGT gets the longest lines for any park in Florida outside of Disney.

I'm planning on visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time sometime this year. Right now I'm thinking about going sometime during the week before Memorial Day (May 20-24). How busy does the park usually get on those days? I see the park is open 10am-6pm those days, is that enough time to ride everything/experience the whole park in one day?

We went last year in the middle of August and lines were fine, the only one that had any real wait was Invadr due to its lower capacity and being the "family" coaster draws in more people. Even Verbolten wasn't bad, for a front row seat I only waited maybe 20-30 minutes, and they were running four trains which helped. The only other ride to have a bad wait was Le Scoot due to the heat, but Pompeii was always short. I have also been in the early part of May and lines were non-existent.

• 2 weeks later...
No one posting about the big intamin coming next year?

Seems like a whole lot of speculation to me.

Edited by robbalvey

^&^^ Exactly. This is a slightly more professional site and we like to post about things that are more concrete or have been officially announced or aren't quite as much click bait.

At least there will be balance in Virginia with one Intamin launch removed and one put in!

^&^^ Exactly. This is a slightly more professional site and we like to post about things that are more concrete or have been officially announced or aren't quite as much click bait.

At least there will be balance in Virginia with one Intamin launch removed and one put in!

Now if they could get a handle and some balance on the rampant racism in their state government.

• Like 1

Is the park pretty crowded on the first weekend of the food and wine festival? Will Le Scoot be open this time of year?

This will probably be our last trip to BGW for quite a while and it's one of our favorites. It's our fourth visit in the past few years, but we've never been during an event. Will we benefit from getting Quick Queue, or are we talking a complete waste of money? Our max wait time before purchasing fast passes is usually 15-20 minutes.

Thanks.

I am too because they're awesome rides. I honestly never expected them to sell another one of these after the Skyhawk incident.

is this one the same design/size as Skyhawk? (thought this was a smaller model)