Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: Pantheon track pieces begin to arrive at the park!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 am

I'm planning on visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time sometime this year. Right now I'm thinking about going sometime during the week before Memorial Day (May 20-24). How busy does the park usually get on those days? I see the park is open 10am-6pm those days, is that enough time to ride everything/experience the whole park in one day?
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:10 am

I've never had a major issue with queues at Busch Gardens evem on busier days. Their major coasters are capacity monsters. The three that get the longest waits are InvadR, Tempesto, and Verbolten. Usually I either hit them first thing or at the end of the day.

If the park happens to be busy, there is Quick Queue. But I have never needed it.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Yeah, aside from Howl O Scream I've never had an issue with lines at BGW. Verbolten is really the only coaster you'll have to wait more than 15-20 minutes for on most days.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:24 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I've never had a major issue with queues at Busch Gardens evem on busier days. Their major coasters are capacity monsters. The three that get the longest waits are InvadR, Tempesto, and Verbolten. Usually I either hit them first thing or at the end of the day.

If the park happens to be busy, there is Quick Queue. But I have never needed it.

Yeah, I think that the park is designed to have a lot to do and look at for non-coaster lovers, so this takes care of the crowds pretty well. BGT on the other hand does get some monster crowds, unless you go on a Monday-Thursday outside of the holidays or school breaks.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:42 pm

^ Even Tampa isn't too much of an issue from a crowd perspective. Cheetah Hunt is the only ride with a consistently long line there. Sand Serpent, Cobra's Curse, Falcon's Fury, Scorpion, and SheiKra can all get up to a half hour, but that's not really bad for a park like Busch Gardens.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:00 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Even Tampa isn't too much of an issue from a crowd perspective. Cheetah Hunt is the only ride with a consistently long line there. Sand Serpent, Cobra's Curse, Falcon's Fury, Scorpion, and SheiKra can all get up to a half hour, but that's not really bad for a park like Busch Gardens.

Might depend on when you go. I've seen it empty, and I've seen it very crowded. Cobra's Curse actually does usually have a line that's about as long as Cheetah Hunt in my observation. ShieKra gets some long lines too. Montu can easily get to an hour when its hella crowded. Scorpian usually has a long wait as it only has one train ops. And Kumba can get up to a half hour when it gets packed -- I think mainly because frustrated guests just want to get on something. Kumba (other than the wild mouse and the kiddie coaster) is usually the last coaster to get a line, and is usually a walk-on if they run two trains.

I think that the crowds will only get more robust as Tigris and Twisted Tigers go in. I personally think that BGT gets the longest lines for any park in Florida outside of Disney.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 am

VF15 wrote:I'm planning on visiting Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time sometime this year. Right now I'm thinking about going sometime during the week before Memorial Day (May 20-24). How busy does the park usually get on those days? I see the park is open 10am-6pm those days, is that enough time to ride everything/experience the whole park in one day?

We went last year in the middle of August and lines were fine, the only one that had any real wait was Invadr due to its lower capacity and being the "family" coaster draws in more people. Even Verbolten wasn't bad, for a front row seat I only waited maybe 20-30 minutes, and they were running four trains which helped. The only other ride to have a bad wait was Le Scoot due to the heat, but Pompeii was always short. I have also been in the early part of May and lines were non-existent.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Big Sexy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:56 pm

No one posting about the big intamin coming next year?
<LINK REMOVED>
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Big Sexy wrote:No one posting about the big intamin coming next year?
<LINK REMOVED>

Seems like a whole lot of speculation to me.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:48 pm.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:21 pm

^&^^ Exactly. This is a slightly more professional site and we like to post about things that are more concrete or have been officially announced or aren't quite as much click bait.

At least there will be balance in Virginia with one Intamin launch removed and one put in! :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!