TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Is it true Magic Mountain got rid of the Q-bot flash pass device? I heard it is now a watch, known as a "prism".

If so, that's cool. I hated the Q-bots, I found them too big to fit in my pocket and annoying to carry around. Also watches are more waterproof. Now I won't be so stressed when riding Roaring Rapids. I read some stories about how people's Q-bots would fly out of their pockets on drops.

Is it true Magic Mountain got rid of the Q-bot flash pass device? I heard it is now a watch, known as a "prism".

If so, that's cool. I hated the Q-bots, I found them too big to fit in my pocket and annoying to carry around. Also watches are more waterproof. Now I won't be so stressed when riding Roaring Rapids. I read some stories about how people's Q-bots would fly out of their pockets on drops.

is it like the Schlitterbahn watches?

is it like the Schlitterbahn watches?

There are two watch type devices: Qband and Prism. Schlitterbahn uses Qband.

https://accesso.com/solutions/loqueue/prism

looked like the same watch they have at six flags over georgia. they were very comfortable.

I think they may be exaggerating just a little. Yes, a Q-bot could fly out of your pocket, but it also had a belt clip and a steel chain, so it was never going to fly off your person.

I'm excited to try out the new watch though. Haven't had the opportunity yet myself as the only SF I went to last year was St. Louis, and you're just wasting your money on Flash Pass there.

Also this is a great day to visit. Even X2 is a walk-on already.

Nice! Is X2 back to 2 train ops? It was down to one train yesterday, and had an hour-long wait time when everything else had 5-10 minute waits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to report that we were able to get everything in at the park yesterday without Flash Pass, despite the nice weather and the BAF for $9.99!

We got to the park right when it opened and found that Full Throttle and Goliath both weren't open yet, so we went to Twisted Colossus and waited about 10 minutes. Then walked onto Scream, Batman, and Riddler before making our way back to Goliath.

Goliath had about a 30 minute wait at this point since it was only running one train. We headed back towards the exit to leave the park for lunch and saw Full Throttle had a station wait, so we hit it before leaving.

Took about an hour lunch break at In-N-Out before getting back to the park at 3:15. Made our way up to the hill to ride Superman, which had about an hour wait running only one side. Then we waited about 15 minutes for Tatsu before heading down to X2 for another short 15 minute wait. After that we walked into Viper before riding Full Throttle again.

Overall a successful day for us! Not so sure about other guests since I checked the app when we got back from lunch and Goliath and Twisted Colossus were both listed as 90 minute waits.

The park didn't look too busy based on what I saw in the midways but I guess if you get there when it opens, you have a good chance of hitting everything without Flashpass, even on a moderately crowded day!

Wow, a lot of us were at the park yesterday. I was there too. The weather was perfect, and the crowds were very light. As others have said, X2 was a walk on or 1 train wait in the middle of the day, which was surprising. Tatsu and TC were like 10-20mins throughout the day. I took a 3 hour break in the middle of the day to watch the pro bowl at the sports bar and have a few beers, and still got 20 laps in.

Dang, this could've been a TPR meet-up! I'm glad you guys had fun. I was there on Saturday morning and everything was a walk-on except X2 (which was running one train), Tatsu, and TC.

Side note: I noticed a Crazy Otto's is opening up on Magic Mountain Pkwy, just on the other side of the freeway from the park. Crazy Otto's started out as an Antelope Valley exclusive, but has been gradually making its way into Santa Clarita. They are known for "pancakes as big as your plate" and other breakfast items with pretty large portions. I ate at the one in Acton yesterday and was reminded how delicious their biscuits and gravy are.

^ I must have timed it wrong when I went over there. Twisted Colossus looked like it had a short wait, but they were only running two trains so it moved much slower than usual. We got on once with diamond elite skip the line passes. Then we got on near closing when the ride was two switchbacks deep and it took 35-40 minutes.

The weirdest rides had long waits yesterday.

Jet Stream had a 70 minute wait, which is odd considering Southern Californians wouldn't ride Splash Mountain in similar temperatures last month. Gold Rusher somehow had a 55 minute wait per the app. And Goliath had the longest wait all day, hitting 2 hours at one point; although this one was explainable by one train operations.

I think they may be exaggerating just a little. Yes, a Q-bot could fly out of your pocket, but it also had a belt clip and a steel chain, so it was never going to fly off your person.

I thought the belt clip was pretty secure..... however... getting manchecked while walking quickly to the next ride was not fun LOL

Personally, I freak out about my wallet, phone, and keys being loose in my pockets when I ride -- because it would be such a pain and hassle if I lost them. In contrast, my other things (sunglasses, park maps, cups, Qbots, etc.) I wouldn't really lose any sleep over if I lost, so I assume the risk. I think that its a $100 fee if you lose the Qbots, but that's still not nearly the hassle of losing my three core items: wallet, keys, or phone. The odds of anything falling out are very low, so I'll take a 1% risk of losing most things, I just want a 0% chance of losing my core three things.

For the record, I used one of the flash pass watches @ SFOG in Sept and hated the thing. My first one immediately broke on me (to be fair this also happened with a Qbot I think at GreatAdv once too) so I had to go back and get another, and all day the thing was wonky and wouldn't do what I wanted to. Totally cumbersome and annoying.

I have a few Flash Pass questions. The website c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶l̶a̶s̶h̶ ̶P̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶r̶u̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ (Edit: disregard that, it's actually a clusterf*ck) but it's been my experience that the Six Flags Flash Pass websites are wrong about what each level actually includes 99% of the time.

1) Are Full Throttle, X2 and Twisted Colossus still single use on all levels?

2) If that is the case, are you able to get two reservations for Twisted Colossus or Full Throttle if you don't want to make an X2 reservation due to the fact that the ride is a raging dumpster fire piece of sh*t and putting actual humans on it should be a direct violation of the Geneva Convention?

3) It says that Revolution is platinum only once you click through to buy it but that's probably outdated information from when it was running with VR, right?

Also, are there any rides currently running one train that we should prioritize? We've been there before and don't need to ride everything but we obviously want to ride the major rides.

I was just there on Sunday. Twisted Colossus was only running with two trains (I think it usually runs 3-4) and the queue was around 60-75 minutes all day. Because the park was mostly dead, I did not get a Flash Pass. However, I did enter the building so I could get my Diamond Elite passes. I noticed that Twisted Colossus was not available as a Flash Pass ride on both the board and the app. They were willing to let me use my membership to get two skip-the-line passes for it, but it may not have been available on the general Flash Pass.

Goliath was running one train and that queue reached 2 hours. Gold Rusher was also running one train and that queue hit an hour midday. Also because I know this impacts you, Jet Stream didn't appear to be running at full capacity and that one had a full queue when I passed by.

I did use the Flash Pass on my December visit. All rides are included on all levels. Full Throttle, X2, and Twisted Colossus are one time only at any level. I really like X2 so I definitely wouldn't have asked that question. I believe CraZanity was a one-time only ride as well.

Superman is no longer on the Flash Pass. I'd recommend hitting that one early. Plus if they do what they did on Sunday, the ride will start with both sides open (resulting in a 15-20 minute wait), but by mid-afternoon they will go down to just one side causing an hour wait.

Lastly I know it'll break your heart, but Green Lantern hasn't run in almost a year. I want to prepare you now for that disappointment.