Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Projektion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:32 am

While it would be amazing, it just doesn't seem possible. Gwazi is a pretty big ride area-wise, but it just doesn't have the height/beefy structure to accomodate a 212ft tall coaster compared to like Mean Streak/SV.

I could maybe see it happening if they literally tore the entire ride down and only reused the footers, but even then, it's a stretch.
Coasters: 90
Favorite Steel: Taron
Favorite Wood: Balder

My Youtube channel, where I make all sorts of NL2 creations

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:07 am

If it actually is 212 feet tall, my expectations (which were already high for a RMC Gwazi) are even higher.

Wasn't this magazine the one that broke the news about Kanonen being bought by that water park?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:46 am

Projektion wrote:While it would be amazing, it just doesn't seem possible. Gwazi is a pretty big ride area-wise, but it just doesn't have the height/beefy structure to accomodate a 212ft tall coaster compared to like Mean Streak/SV.

I could maybe see it happening if they literally tore the entire ride down and only reused the footers, but even then, it's a stretch.

If you look at the construction pics, they're actively removing a lot of the supports. The reports are that the wood has rotted so much that its pretty much in disrepair. My hunch is that they're going to remove almost all of the wood, and mostly just use the existing station and footers and completely rebuild the ride from scratch -- probably with steel supports as well.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 am

^Maybe I just haven’t dug deep enough into what’s has been posted on other sites so far but everything thing I’ve seen of the construction work is surface layer removals of track and railings... I’ve yet to see any of the support structures modified in any way, and while I’m not saying that they won’t heavily modify the supports (because we know they will) I think it is wrong to assume that the majority of this coaster will be built from scratch without leveraging the existing structure... If they weren’t going to use the majority of it, I think you would’ve seen larger chunks of the coaster already missing.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:52 pm

The world's tallest hybrid coming with a beyond-vertical drop sounds like a dream come true, but I doubt the park is gonna make a coaster taller than SheiKra anytime soon. If I eat my words at some point, so be it, but that's just my two cents.

EDIT: ...huh. :lol:
Last edited by Dombot on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:01 pm.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:58 pm

^Obviously nothing is confirmed, but First Drop Magazine first mentioned Untamed having 5 inversions and today Looopings.nl confirmed that. I would definitely say that the Gwazi rumor might hold a bit more weight now. I'm still hesitant to believe it because it sounds way too good to be true, but we'll find out soon enough.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:15 pm

Haven't the First Drop writers been the people do leak info like where Kanonen went and stuff like that? I remember this post from Robb back in 2006 said,
robbalvey wrote:...and actually has information that's not out of date and often times has information that hasn't made it to the internet yet!

Original thread: https://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24539&p=170408&hilit=european+coaster+club#p170408

So I think there's a decent chance the rumors could be true, but I'm not a big expert or anything.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NickC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Has anyone actually seen the article from this issue of First Drop magazine though? The ECC website, Facebook page and Twitter accounts all make no mention of a recent issue, and there doesn't seem to be any place to buy or subscribe to this magazine. Is it even still being produced/published?

I really really want this to be true, but find it extremely odd that the quote seems to have originated from one user on Reddit attributing it to a magazine that no one else has seen or can verify even exists.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:34 pm

NickC wrote:Has anyone actually seen the article from this issue of First Drop magazine though? The ECC website, Facebook page and Twitter accounts all make no mention of a recent issue, and there doesn't seem to be any place to buy or subscribe to this magazine. Is it even still being produced/published?

I really really want this to be true, but find it extremely odd that the quote seems to have originated from one user on Reddit attributing it to a magazine that no one else has seen or can verify even exists.

www.coasterclub.org/first-drop/
I'm not reading all into their page, but I would assume you'd have to join the club in order to read the magazine.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Can't figure out how to copy the link to a tweet, but it's taking some real nice shape! (Tigris, that is)
Tigris Progress.JPG

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!