Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 944 - Copperhead Strike Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:48 pm

The backwards train is a reversal on the Six Flags philosophy. Meaning they're going to start out with the ride trains operating backwards. Ten years from now they'll turn the train around facing forward and market it as a new ride.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby carolinaman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:49 am

Here is video from yesterdays construction tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qCgnmQ_Hs

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:24 pm

dorneyparkrules wrote:The 2019 operating hours are now up! https://www.carowinds.com/explore/calendar-and-hours

Excellent. Ill (finally) be going here this year, early June, on a weekday. Im thinking Thurs the 6th. Hoping crowds will be very light. Saw a pic of Copperhead Strike with the launch over that airtime hill and despite my brain saying temper expectations the heart is waaaay too excited to ride :lmao:
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dmh1079 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:45 am

prozach626 wrote:The backwards train is a reversal on the Six Flags philosophy. Meaning they're going to start out with the ride trains operating backwards. Ten years from now they'll turn the train around facing forward and market it as a new ride.

Sweet. They can call it "Striking Copperhead" or "Copperhead: Reverse Strike"
Top Ten: El Toro, Steel Vengeance, Intimidator 305, GhostRider, X2, Voyage, Fury 325, Maverick, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pproteinc » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:45 am

So this below was posted on Facebook by VHCoasters. So you guys think this would affect Cooperhead or any other Mack coaster for 2019 and recently built rides? Or is a China trying to pull something? Or is this article bogus?

Some interesting if odd news from China as it seems large parts of the Mack built Blue Fire ride for Wanda Wuxi have had to be returned to Mack due to quality defects.

"From October 2016 to January 2018, Wuxi Wanda City Investment Co., Ltd. imported a set of launched roller coaster tracks from Germany in six batches, valued at 2,382,300 euros.

Wuxi Customs carried out safety performance inspection according to law and found that there are many problems of safety performance quality of linear defects in the local base metal of the track. After re-inspection and after treatment by German technology, it still found that there were many safety performance quality problems in the local base material of the track. Wuxi Customs determined that the quality of 124 tracks of the launched roller coaster was unqualified."

While it explains the continuing absense of the ride from the contruction site in Wuxi it is a bit of an odd news story.

http://www.yangtse.com/app/jiangsu/nanjing/2019-01-18/663815.html

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:47 pm

I mean, October 2016 to January 2018 was roughly the entire time frame Silver Dollar City was building Time Traveler, and there haven't been any major issues as far as we know. Icon was also built in that time frame and, again, hasn't had major structural issues as far as the public knows. Copperhead was also built very quickly in the last few months. Granted testing hasn't begun yet, but part of me is skeptical about that article.
Steel: 172 / Wood: 32 / Total: 204
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby bejackso » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:10 pm

does anyone know if carowinds is doing a copperhead strike first rider auction charity benefit? (like they did on fury 325)

i can't find anything on it. looks like the soonest anyone can get on the ride is for season passholder preview night on fri march 22 from 6-10pm, then the following day is the park's grand opening. will those days be crowded?

any intel out there? found this article too:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/entertainment/events/carowinds-announces-preview-night-for-new-roller-coaster-copperhead-strike/275-26a3217d-933f-424d-a74d-a01473dbd98c

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 am

It's far too early to announce that. But if history is anything to go by, they have done one for the last two major coasters so I don't see why this would be an exception.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:10 am

They are doing a facebook live video right now walking around Copperhead Strike.
Parks: 20 | Coasters: 137 | Wood: 36 | Steel: 99 | Fiberglass: 2

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Crosshairs007 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Carowinds has released a blog update about Blue Ridge Junction and Copperhead Strike. The theming looks good.

https://www.carowinds.com/blog/2019/january-copperhead-strike-construction-update?fbclid=IwAR0Nh9xd2PiVlCMdd-gu5LK8mWW7F_fqwt1CJj7fXeWK4Mchs_Ell-fqYxo
Coaster Counter: 53 Parks Counter: 7
Steel:42
Wood:10

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!