Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

P. 96 - CraZantiy Frisbee Ride Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:28 pm

^ Agreed! It's unbelievable the queues are actual fun houses and crooked houses.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 pm

^ Forgot those! They were awesome to go through, too! :b
CoasterNo.600_MedusaSixFlagsMexico.JPG
My #600 ~ Before it became Twisty Snakes! Great queue. (o; TPR Mexico Tour ~ March 24, 2013.
And my thing about numbersss? I rode my No.600 - 6 Days - before I turned - 60! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:39 am

Thinking of taking a quick trip there this spring/summer.

How far is it from the airport? And what's the safest way to get there? I see taxis available but not sure how reliable.

Also, is there a decent hotel nearby?

And finally, what are the crowds like? Any need for FlashPass?

Thanks to anyone who's been to this park!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:39 am

I went last year on a Friday before Cinco de Mayo (and I'll actually be there again in a week).

I used Uber last time and plan to use it again. It's super cheap in Mexico (I think it was $10-15 USD for a 1-1.5 hour ride). Plus Mexico City traffic is really bad so at least you know the fixed rate with Uber. For safety, Uber tells you how many rides your driver has given so I'd like to think a driver who has given 1000+ rides won't break bad all of the sudden. Uber also has a feature where they can let someone else know when you've arrived.

The pick up and drop off point at the Mexico City Airport is clearly marked. The pick up point by Six Flags was a bit uncomfortable. You are picked up on the street just outside the parking lot entrance and it's a complete cluster of cars and buses. The latter were aggressively trying to get me to board.

I stayed in downtown Mexico City last time in what I believe was their financial district. It was a very nice hotel and reminiscent of the financial districts you've seen in the US. This time I'm staying at the airport for convenience. I remember seeing hotels close to Six Flags, but (maybe I'm wrong) the buildings nearby looked a bit rundown so I'd be hesitant to stay there.

Crowdwise, Six Flags Mexico can get pretty busy. Their Flash Pass is a bit different and an amazing deal. For $20 USD, you get 10 skip the line vouchers you can use on any eligible ride. You can use this on the same ride repeatedly or different ones. Unfortunately Medusa appears to be off the Flash Pass now and it had one of the longest waits in the park.

From what I saw, most people rope drop Superman since it's at the front so if you go to Medusa early, you can marathon it before the line builds. The line also cleared out at the end of the day. Meanwhile Superman was consistently a 30-60 minute wait all day, but on the Flash Pass.

I hope you enjoy it because Six Flags Mexico has a nice one-two punch and is one of the best looking Six Flags parks. The theming in their queues is surprisingly great.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 am

An update on Medusa.

It's not listed on the website, but Medusa is still on the Flash Pass.

They have made another Frankentrain. They put the orange lead car on the front of the red train. They also removed the back car again so Medusa only has a 5 car train.

On the bright side, it's running so much faster than last year and they have a 10 man crew dispatching trains in 30 seconds.

I'm so confused right now. :lol:
IMG_20190122_101556.jpg
This is some German fair circuit stuff right now.

Postby bert425 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:58 pm

^ hahaha.

but at least the dispatches are pretty fast!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm

They were in the morning. In the afternoon they went down to a staff of 3 and the wait hit 150 minutes. Thank goodness for Flash Pass.

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Sounds like mostly good news about Medusa; thanks for the update.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 am

No problem!

Last year it was easily the worst RMC I-Box I've ridden, but now it's towards the middle-of-the-pack near rides like Storm Chaser.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:26 am

Hey guys!

I'm just doing some fact-finding for a potential Mexico City trip in a few months. I'm assuming the answer is "no" because it's Six Flags, but do they have a ride refurbishment schedule anywhere? I assume that they take rides down from time-to-time since it's a year-round park. I didn't see one but maybe I'm blind.

Since Christmas in the Park runs through mid-to-late January I was thinking about doing a trip towards the end of the event. Is that still a pretty busy time or is that sort of their slow season? I'm actually sort of hoping to hear the former since I assume that means there's less of a chance of anything noteworthy being down for refurb.

In addition, any fun suggestions for things to do in Mexico City aside from parks would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!