TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW's Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom New Offerings!

Walt Disney World is constantly changing and adding new things all the time it seems. And while we all know about the BIG projects like Pandora, Star Wars, Toy Story Land, Tron, etc, there's always a lot of smaller upgrades that happen also, but sometimes get overshadowed!

Thankfully, Disney invited us out to come take a look at some the "new for 2019" new offerings that have just started up this week that you might have otherwise missed if you were looking towards the bigger picture!

Let's start out at Hollywood Studios...

IMG_9530.thumb.jpg.3d39a70356c2a2039b470c661042f697.jpg

This is how the parking lot cast members pin trade! I kind of love this!

DxMu8KLVAAAPxhp.jpg

Good morning from Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

IMG_9539.thumb.jpg.8070d1330807bfa79a9e6cef43a66843.jpg

We are here to check out some new for 2019 offerings that aren't "Star Wars Land!"

IMG_9635.thumb.JPG.ee4c83a6399b7d3c8666e057ee23d25d.JPG

We got to check out this new "Incredible Celebration" area which is where the entrance to Toy Story Mania used to be!

IMG_9704.thumb.jpg.da4d1c26cc9c6ba957765cb23b7d5f88.jpg

There is all kinds of fun photo ops in this area.

DxM9dggUcAE8fmy.jpg

This just in! You can now get WARM Chocolate Chip Num Num cookies at Hollywood Studios in the “Incredible Celebration” area of the park!

DxM9dgaUYAYCUNH.jpg

Trust me... these are DELICIOUS!!! I've you've had them at DCA in California, they are the same and they were wonderful!

IMG_9714.thumb.jpg.180bf253e2d2762b33e1912a4ce6bf51.jpg

Edna Mode has also opened up her design studio where you can come and say hello to her!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

IMG_9717.thumb.jpg.24286c782edefed62492f1f2c0656797.jpg

Some of Edna's finest supers costumes are represented in this area.

IMG_9803.thumb.JPG.34c7459970234260caa94c12ffb055e9.JPG

There is also an Incredibles dance party!

IMG_9843.thumb.jpg.1639713426332b2f1b328b155173e54d.jpg

Which one of us is the REAL Mr. Incredible?

IMG_9853.thumb.jpg.5b92eadee10eca56e7497596fe5038a5.jpg

Yes, I know that she is the real star of the family!

IMG_9860.thumb.jpg.1f1e75aeca5e51b98cee2312c6c3e87c.jpg

Here's the menu for the bakery where you can get the cookies...

IMG_9863.thumb.jpg.85b5eba7d8301bdffcdd4cb4ac873a51.jpg

And a look inside the warmer where they stay nice and gooey!

I got to meet Mike & Sulley in their new meet & greet area!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

IMG_9589.thumb.jpg.713f23a8a3827e172665a2fd1c6befbe.jpg

These guys taught me how to scare!

IMG_9598.thumb.jpg.a6776ff3ae0d869b23e2aae35fc89bbc.jpg

And of course if you want some adorable Monsters Inc plush, you can get it here!

DxOrOOdUcAAtZwd.jpg

Let's hop over to Magic Kingdom⁠...

IMG_9883.thumb.jpg.aa731a6d8035b08ec34719d477ebc055.jpg

Going to head into the Town Square Theater area...

DxOFcDyVsAA_NTH.jpg

Where you can now meet Mickey & Minnie together in their new Celebration Costumes!

DxOrOOdUcAEzjj6.jpg

They look awesome, don't they?

DxOFcDwU0AAqNqq.jpg

We got to check out Mickey & Minnie's show celebrating their 90th birthday!

Wait a moment... what is this I see? CLARICE????

[twitter]

[/twitter]

IMG_9975.thumb.JPG.4b69f7e3a751b9fa2cba89dc25a3f4d0.JPG

I love that Clarice is in this show! It's like a little part of Tokyo Disney has landed in Orlando!

DxN048PUcAAPGTW.jpg

So great to see Mickey, Minnie and all their friends...

DxN048NUUAAp47i.jpg

...celebrating in the new Move It, Shake It, MousekeDance It show at Magic Kingdom!

DxOFcDxV4AASZwI.jpg

And since I'm at Magic Kingdom and had some FastPasses, why not ride some coasters? In fact, I was able to ride ALL FOUR coasters at the park and I have a video to share with you!

This video not only contains on-ride video of all four coasters but also meeting Mickey & Minnie and the new show! Be sure to watch the entire video!

IMG_0184.thumb.JPG.42c1c0aaf614e0111a7f594b1ad012af.JPG

Another nice bonus was watching the Muppets tell the story of US History in Liberty Square. While this isn't "new", if you haven't seen it yet, you HAVE to! It's hilarious!

DSC01468.thumb.JPG.780d9f03cfb0f4e3e0483a3ca35bc711.JPG

Huge THANK YOU to Mickey & Minnie (And Disney) for inviting us out!

Now... POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!

Conveluted.nltrack

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really love the Celebration Costume that Minnie has.

and great video showing the park, the coasters, and the show! I totally forgot Barnstormer is there. . really time for me to go back to Magic Kingdom, it's been way too long.

thanks for the report, Robb

(and I love the little girl on BTM yelling at her Dad, "Daddy don't DO that!" when he tries to touch the bones as you go under).

Great report, as always. I specifically made a point to watch the Muppets show when we visited last time because we were in the area. It really was quite well done and one of those things that would be great to accidentally stumble upon. The smaller scale entertainment like this that you don't plan your day around can end up being really great still. I particularly enjoyed this, the acrobats in Animal Kingdom and the Pandora drum show.

I was curious what they were going to do with that "dead end" section of the park after the old entrance to Toy Story mania was relocated but it looks like they filled it in nicely with some meet and greets and other nice things.

I still haven't watched the Muppets show, I always kind of forget it's there, shame on me haha.

I hung outside of the Christmas shop while the rest of my group shopped last June and watched the Muppets history show. It's great street entertainment and fits the area perfectly.

Nice report. Disney seems to be in a nice groove of offering up these subtle changes that enhance the experience.

Great report, as always. I specifically made a point to watch the Muppets show when we visited last time because we were in the area. It really was quite well done and one of those things that would be great to accidentally stumble upon. The smaller scale entertainment like this that you don't plan your day around can end up being really great still. I particularly enjoyed this, the acrobats in Animal Kingdom and the Pandora drum show.

Its not that anybody thinks that its a bad ride -- its just that it was opened in 1991. In general, the hottest FP+'s and the longest wait times go to the attractions that were built in the past few years. A few exceptions are made for a handful of rides (like Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Rock n' Roller Coaster, etc.) but its not unusual at all to see older attractions that are still pretty good be walk-ons mostly just because of their age. Disney has A LOT of repeat business and once the guests who have been going there forever have ridden something enough, they move onto other stuff.