The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby ryder » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:13 am

^1) I think especially in SoCal, more people go alone to parks than you’d think.

2) SR can also be used for groups who are willing to split up.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Looking forward to our 2019 visit in early September.

Happy New Year to the Knott's Family and Staff of the parks.

Best Wishes for another successful year, in 2019. :smile:
happynewyear.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello TPR Forum Members!

Knott's Berry Farm has contacted us about needing riders for an upcoming video shoot at the park! Here are the details below. There are a limited numbers of spots open. Please contact the park at the email address below and we hope you make it in time to be added to the list!

Details:

Knott’s Berry Farm Roller Coaster shoot

Wednesday, January 23rd
Estimated Check In: 9am
Estimated End Time: 4pm
Requirements: At least 48 inches in height, riders MUST keep hands down throughout ride.
Attire: Family friendly; no visible logos, text, etc on any shirts or other articles of clothing.

Volunteers can email PR@Knotts.com and we'll send them more information on Monday.

All we ask is that the riders keep their hands down throughout their ride and be able to ride any roller coaster at Knott’s possibly several times in a row. In exchange, we can offer each rider a pair of tickets to come back to Knott’s on a later day.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:53 pm.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jlp94 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:25 pm

[removed]

Postby jlp94 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Double post (my apologies), but it looks like Knott's Boomerang is getting relocated to Indonesia.

50280502_305633506965285_4993674203505885184_o.jpg
It's getting new trains too!
Last edited by jlp94 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:47 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Perhaps because, if well maintained and/or have good trains, they're solid rides that deliver 6 inversions, at a low price.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby jlp94 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Mike240SX wrote:Perhaps because, if well maintained and/or have good trains, they're solid rides that deliver 6 inversions, at a low price.

I guess I need to ride more Boomerangs then. The only standard Boomerang I've ridden is the one at Six Flags St. Louis and it sucks, so my opinion on Boomerangs is low in that sense. I guess with new trains it's a good bargain

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm

^ IMhO the Boomerang at Six Flags Mexico, is/was waaaay better than a lot of the others around the world. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm

jlp94 wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:Perhaps because, if well maintained and/or have good trains, they're solid rides that deliver 6 inversions, at a low price.

I guess I need to ride more Boomerangs then. The only standard Boomerang I've ridden is the one at Six Flags St. Louis and it sucks, so my opinion on Boomerangs is low in that sense. I guess with new trains it's a good bargain

Yeah. I agree that the bad ones can be bad, but the good ones are pretty good. If you end up in Wildwood don't miss Morey's. Despite the old (original?) trains, it rides better than any old-school Vekoma should. Same goes for their SLC.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:04 am

I agree with you on Nor'Easter, but Sea Serpent sucks just as hard as all the rest.

Boomerangs aren't worth it. Even if you manage to find one that isn't completely terrible, it's still time you could have spent riding something good. I could have ridden Boomerang at WCB 2016, they had ERT on it, but I spent ERT on Xcellerator instead. Zero regrets.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!