Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4652: Details of new additions coming for the 2019 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:26 am

FFFFFccckkkk! Coaster Campout is the weekend before the July, 4th. Last year it was the third week in May, which meant FL+ guaranteed waits under 10 minutes, if not walk-on. It was also great, because we didn't sweat much. That comes in handy when you can't shower. Welp. I guess that's a no-go for us. The timing also doesn't work out with one of our other trips. But damn. We thought it was going to be in May, again. I'm bummed out.
Last edited by prozach626 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:29 am.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:28 am

jlp94 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Highridin wrote:Thanks for that heads up. June is looking like the month for sure.

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)? Also, more importantly, what should I ride last; the one that's going to give me a headache. I have a feeling that it's going to be Corkscrew.

It's funny. Only a month after the CP and KI trip, I'm going on my 100 coasters in 7 days excursion. I'm still ironing out details. If anyone is wondering, I have a ton of leave that I've saved, and want to use a week for this trip. If I don't use a certain amount before year's end, I lose it. Losing leave =FAIL.

Yeah, good move. I have the same setup at work, so I end up taking a couple of trips usually.

Others are correct about TTD. Ride Corkscrew last; it's the only genuinely bad coaster there. Also, you can't ride Wilderness Run unless you have a child with you.

Or you could be a complete credit whore and ask Town Hall for a pass to ride. But only if you care that much about creds; you're better off getting re-rides on Vengeance, the Intamins, Raptor or Magnum.

I was denied such a pass for Wilderness Run. They said they only give those in clear cases where an adult has special needs.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:12 am

bgtlover wrote:
jlp94 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Highridin wrote:Thanks for that heads up. June is looking like the month for sure.

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)? Also, more importantly, what should I ride last; the one that's going to give me a headache. I have a feeling that it's going to be Corkscrew.

It's funny. Only a month after the CP and KI trip, I'm going on my 100 coasters in 7 days excursion. I'm still ironing out details. If anyone is wondering, I have a ton of leave that I've saved, and want to use a week for this trip. If I don't use a certain amount before year's end, I lose it. Losing leave =FAIL.

Yeah, good move. I have the same setup at work, so I end up taking a couple of trips usually.

Others are correct about TTD. Ride Corkscrew last; it's the only genuinely bad coaster there. Also, you can't ride Wilderness Run unless you have a child with you.

Or you could be a complete credit whore and ask Town Hall for a pass to ride. But only if you care that much about creds; you're better off getting re-rides on Vengeance, the Intamins, Raptor or Magnum.

I was denied such a pass for Wilderness Run. They said they only give those in clear cases where an adult has special needs.

Isn't "getting that kiddy coaster credit as an adult" a sort of special need? ;) (No plan to offend anyone, just kidding)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby jlp94 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 am

Pedrinho wrote:Isn't "getting that kiddy coaster credit as an adult" a sort of special need? ;) (No plan to offend anyone, just kidding)

:nina:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:55 am

Pedrinho wrote:Isn't "getting that kiddy coaster credit as an adult" a sort of special need? ;) (No plan to offend anyone, just kidding)

:nina: Yes, yes it is...

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:20 am

I bet some enthusiast somewhere has asked parents could be borrow their kid. NEED that credit...lol :lmao:
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RaceBoarder » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:51 am

bgtlover wrote:
jlp94 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

And there are people here that don't find this weird/creepy :roll:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:39 am

prozach626 wrote:FFFFFccckkkk! Coaster Campout is the weekend before the July, 4th. Last year it was the third week in May, which meant FL+ guaranteed waits under 10 minutes, if not walk-on. It was also great, because we didn't sweat much. That comes in handy when you can't shower. Welp. I guess that's a no-go for us. The timing also doesn't work out with one of our other trips. But damn. We thought it was going to be in May, again. I'm bummed out.

Oh sh*t man, that's no good at all. They moved Brews and BBQ later too, maybe they're having problems staffing early season events like that.

Highridin wrote:I bet some enthusiast somewhere has asked parents could be borrow their kid. NEED that credit...lol :lmao:

If anyone I don't know ever tries that, I'm calling park security. That's seriously uncool behaviour.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:45 am

Pedrinho wrote:
bgtlover wrote:
jlp94 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Isn't "getting that kiddy coaster credit as an adult" a sort of special need? ;) (No plan to offend anyone, just kidding)

You may laugh, but some of those kiddie coasters are so poorly maintained and rough that when you couple that with their slow speed and size, you actually kind of get a wild ride. Plus, the restraints are pretty much non-existent.

I won't wait a long time for one, and out of courtesy I'll try to let the kids get the front over me, but if its more or less a walk on I'll gladly take a lap on a ride that I paid good money for at a park.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:54 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:
bgtlover wrote:
jlp94 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

You may laugh, but some of those kiddie coasters are so poorly maintained and rough that when you couple that with their slow speed and size, you actually kind of get a wild ride. Plus, the restraints are pretty much non-existent.

I won't wait a long time for one, and out of courtesy I'll try to let the kids get the front over me, but if its more or less a walk on I'll gladly take a lap on a ride that I paid good money for at a park.

I don't laugh.. I asked for the pass myself in 2017 :lmao:
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

PreviousNext