TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Thanks for that heads up. June is looking like the month for sure.

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)? Also, more importantly, what should I ride last; the one that's going to give me a headache. I have a feeling that it's going to be Corkscrew.

It's funny. Only a month after the CP and KI trip, I'm going on my 100 coasters in 7 days excursion. I'm still ironing out details. If anyone is wondering, I have a ton of leave that I've saved, and want to use a week for this trip. If I don't use a certain amount before year's end, I lose it. Losing leave =FAIL.

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)?

Absolutely, it's not a question "if" Dragster goes down it's "when." If you see it running at opening immediately go ride it.

Exactly the reason why it's only one of two credits at Cedar Point I don't have, the other being Wilderness Run. And I've been to Cedar Point twice (Coastermania 2016 and 2018) If you ride it, you're lucky!

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)? Also, more importantly, what should I ride last; the one that's going to give me a headache. I have a feeling that it's going to be Corkscrew.

It's funny. Only a month after the CP and KI trip, I'm going on my 100 coasters in 7 days excursion. I'm still ironing out details. If anyone is wondering, I have a ton of leave that I've saved, and want to use a week for this trip. If I don't use a certain amount before year's end, I lose it. Losing leave =FAIL.

Yeah, good move. I have the same setup at work, so I end up taking a couple of trips usually.

Others are correct about TTD. Ride Corkscrew last; it's the only genuinely bad coaster there. Also, you can't ride Wilderness Run unless you have a child with you.

Yeah, good move. I have the same setup at work, so I end up taking a couple of trips usually.

Others are correct about TTD. Ride Corkscrew last; it's the only genuinely bad coaster there. Also, you can't ride Wilderness Run unless you have a child with you.

Or you could be a complete credit whore and ask Town Hall for a pass to ride. But only if you care that much about creds; you're better off getting re-rides on Vengeance, the Intamins, Raptor or Magnum.

I would put a travel day in between Cedar Point and Kings Island. It takes about 4 hours to get there. We usually will hit the park in the evening the day we get to Kings Island and then a full day the next day.

Jim

Ah, I didn't know that! Think I'll miss that cred until next year. I'll take my youngest daughter then. She probably still will be just under 54 inches next year. This year is for me! Haven't done it in I don't know how long.

I would put a travel day in between Cedar Point and Kings Island. It takes about 4 hours to get there. We usually will hit the park in the evening the day we get to Kings Island and then a full day the next day.

Jim

That's actually not a bad idea. The second day at CP wil be reride and flat day. Maybe get done about 3, then head to KI, for what's left of the evening if any, then start there the next morning.

FFFFFccckkkk! Coaster Campout is the weekend before the July, 4th. Last year it was the third week in May, which meant FL+ guaranteed waits under 10 minutes, if not walk-on. It was also great, because we didn't sweat much. That comes in handy when you can't shower. Welp. I guess that's a no-go for us. The timing also doesn't work out with one of our other trips. But damn. We thought it was going to be in May, again. I'm bummed out.

Edited by prozach626

Or you could be a complete credit whore and ask Town Hall for a pass to ride. But only if you care that much about creds; you're better off getting re-rides on Vengeance, the Intamins, Raptor or Magnum.

I was denied such a pass for Wilderness Run. They said they only give those in clear cases where an adult has special needs.

I was denied such a pass for Wilderness Run. They said they only give those in clear cases where an adult has special needs.

Isn't "getting that kiddy coaster credit as an adult" a sort of special need? (No plan to offend anyone, just kidding)

And there are people here that don't find this weird/creepy

FFFFFccckkkk! Coaster Campout is the weekend before the July, 4th. Last year it was the third week in May, which meant FL+ guaranteed waits under 10 minutes, if not walk-on. It was also great, because we didn't sweat much. That comes in handy when you can't shower. Welp. I guess that's a no-go for us. The timing also doesn't work out with one of our other trips. But damn. We thought it was going to be in May, again. I'm bummed out.

Oh sh*t man, that's no good at all. They moved Brews and BBQ later too, maybe they're having problems staffing early season events like that.

I bet some enthusiast somewhere has asked parents could be borrow their kid. NEED that credit...lol

If anyone I don't know ever tries that, I'm calling park security. That's seriously uncool behaviour.

Isn't "getting that kiddy coaster credit as an adult" a sort of special need? (No plan to offend anyone, just kidding)

You may laugh, but some of those kiddie coasters are so poorly maintained and rough that when you couple that with their slow speed and size, you actually kind of get a wild ride. Plus, the restraints are pretty much non-existent.

I won't wait a long time for one, and out of courtesy I'll try to let the kids get the front over me, but if its more or less a walk on I'll gladly take a lap on a ride that I paid good money for at a park.

You may laugh, but some of those kiddie coasters are so poorly maintained and rough that when you couple that with their slow speed and size, you actually kind of get a wild ride. Plus, the restraints are pretty much non-existent.

I won't wait a long time for one, and out of courtesy I'll try to let the kids get the front over me, but if its more or less a walk on I'll gladly take a lap on a ride that I paid good money for at a park.

I don't laugh.. I asked for the pass myself in 2017

^ I would hope the people that do go out of their way to go on these things and get special passes and feel the need to ride kiddie rides are in the minority... -- I don't get it either. A family ride is one thing, but a ride that requires a kid to go on and you don't have any kids?....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^Great! Seriously, I can’t imagine going to CP and not staying on property if it’s not your local park! Even if I went once a year, I would stay on property. The convenience outweighs anything else including price.

I don't know, it takes 5-10 minutes or less to drive from an Airbnb in Sandusky to the park. If you have a Gold or Platinum Pass you get the same early entry as the hotel guests. You make rope drop as a non-hotel guest and you'll get very close parking. Walk to the hotel entrance. Not that many extra steps, and you get a much bigger and nicer placer to stay at a small fraction of the cost.

But that being said, I certainly support anyone staying on site and supporting the park. I'm not a cheapskate myself, but I appreciate a good deal. If anyone wants to full CP experience I fully support it, and I support people supporting my #1 park in the world.

but you can’t just walk back to the room, drop a deuce in a private and clean toilet and be back to your day. that’s the best part for me. LOL

^Great! Seriously, I can’t imagine going to CP and not staying on property if it’s not your local park! Even if I we

nt once a year, I would stay on property. The convenience outweighs anything else including price.

I don't know, it takes 5-10 minutes or less to drive from an Airbnb in Sandusky to the park. If you have a Gold or Platinum Pass you get the same early entry as the hotel guests. You make rope drop as a non-hotel guest and you'll get very close parking. Walk to the hotel entrance. Not that many extra steps, and you get a much bigger and nicer placer to stay at a small fraction of the cost.

But that being said, I certainly support anyone staying on site and supporting the park. I'm not a cheapskate myself, but I appreciate a good deal. If anyone wants to full CP experience I fully support it, and I support people supporting my #1 park in the world.

but you can’t just walk back to the room, drop a deuce in a private and clean toilet and be back to your day. that’s the best part for me. LOL

Quote of the day