The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: CoasterLover, Mario M. and 96 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby bluestreak » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Just saw a video on Instagram of it running with people on it.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ZeroG001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:25 am

Anyone have any idea how crowds will be this Sunday 1/27? I'm going with some friends that asked about Flash Pass but I told them we won't need it as long as we get to the park at opening.

I saw online that it's a Bring a Friend for $9.99 day, how much worse will this make the crowds?
Coaster count:
101 (87 steel, 14 wood)

Top 5:
I305 | El Toro | Maverick | Twisted Colossus | Alpengeist

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:00 am

It's supposed to be 76° and sunny Sunday. That with bring a friend day..... You may want to get a flash pass...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Big Sexy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:32 am

Last saturday was bring a friend for 9.99 and flash pass was a savior. Line to buy flash pass was over an hr so if its a long lone buy it online on phone and go through the online entrance.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:13 am

Aren't the Flash Passes dynamically priced too? If so, they might get pretty expensive considering the day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zoda » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Is it true Magic Mountain got rid of the Q-bot flash pass device? I heard it is now a watch, known as a "prism".
If so, that's cool. I hated the Q-bots, I found them too big to fit in my pocket and annoying to carry around. Also watches are more waterproof. Now I won't be so stressed when riding Roaring Rapids. I read some stories about how people's Q-bots would fly out of their pockets on drops.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:17 pm

zoda wrote:Is it true Magic Mountain got rid of the Q-bot flash pass device? I heard it is now a watch, known as a "prism".
If so, that's cool. I hated the Q-bots, I found them too big to fit in my pocket and annoying to carry around. Also watches are more waterproof. Now I won't be so stressed when riding Roaring Rapids. I read some stories about how people's Q-bots would fly out of their pockets on drops.

is it like the Schlitterbahn watches?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zoda » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:40 pm

JeromyL wrote:
zoda wrote:Is it true Magic Mountain got rid of the Q-bot flash pass device? I heard it is now a watch, known as a "prism".

is it like the Schlitterbahn watches?

There are two watch type devices: Qband and Prism. Schlitterbahn uses Qband.
https://accesso.com/solutions/loqueue/prism

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:27 am

looked like the same watch they have at six flags over georgia. they were very comfortable.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:28 am

I think they may be exaggerating just a little. Yes, a Q-bot could fly out of your pocket, but it also had a belt clip and a steel chain, so it was never going to fly off your person.

I'm excited to try out the new watch though. Haven't had the opportunity yet myself as the only SF I went to last year was St. Louis, and you're just wasting your money on Flash Pass there. :lol:

PreviousNext