Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: jonlocke and 26 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby JRice92 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:21 am

Highridin wrote:Thanks for that heads up. June is looking like the month for sure.

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)?

Absolutely, it's not a question "if" Dragster goes down it's "when." If you see it running at opening immediately go ride it.
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 am

^
hesrightyouknow.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:48 am

Exactly the reason why it's only one of two credits at Cedar Point I don't have, the other being Wilderness Run. And I've been to Cedar Point twice (Coastermania 2016 and 2018) If you ride it, you're lucky!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:05 am

Highridin wrote:Thanks for that heads up. June is looking like the month for sure.

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)? Also, more importantly, what should I ride last; the one that's going to give me a headache. I have a feeling that it's going to be Corkscrew.

It's funny. Only a month after the CP and KI trip, I'm going on my 100 coasters in 7 days excursion. I'm still ironing out details. If anyone is wondering, I have a ton of leave that I've saved, and want to use a week for this trip. If I don't use a certain amount before year's end, I lose it. Losing leave =FAIL.

Yeah, good move. I have the same setup at work, so I end up taking a couple of trips usually.

Others are correct about TTD. Ride Corkscrew last; it's the only genuinely bad coaster there. Also, you can't ride Wilderness Run unless you have a child with you.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:23 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Which coaster usually craps the bed during the day, if any? Let me guess, TTD? In other words, is there a Ka at the park (get on the ride at park opening type)? Also, more importantly, what should I ride last; the one that's going to give me a headache. I have a feeling that it's going to be Corkscrew.

It's funny. Only a month after the CP and KI trip, I'm going on my 100 coasters in 7 days excursion. I'm still ironing out details. If anyone is wondering, I have a ton of leave that I've saved, and want to use a week for this trip. If I don't use a certain amount before year's end, I lose it. Losing leave =FAIL.

Yeah, good move. I have the same setup at work, so I end up taking a couple of trips usually.

Others are correct about TTD. Ride Corkscrew last; it's the only genuinely bad coaster there. Also, you can't ride Wilderness Run unless you have a child with you.

Or you could be a complete credit whore and ask Town Hall for a pass to ride. But only if you care that much about creds; you're better off getting re-rides on Vengeance, the Intamins, Raptor or Magnum.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby haydn12 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:16 pm

I would put a travel day in between Cedar Point and Kings Island. It takes about 4 hours to get there. We usually will hit the park in the evening the day we get to Kings Island and then a full day the next day.

Jim

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:17 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Ah, I didn't know that! Think I'll miss that cred until next year. I'll take my youngest daughter then. She probably still will be just under 54 inches next year. This year is for me! Haven't done it in I don't know how long.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:20 pm

haydn12 wrote:I would put a travel day in between Cedar Point and Kings Island. It takes about 4 hours to get there. We usually will hit the park in the evening the day we get to Kings Island and then a full day the next day.

Jim

That's actually not a bad idea. The second day at CP wil be reride and flat day. Maybe get done about 3, then head to KI, for what's left of the evening if any, then start there the next morning.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Any vague idea when coastermania tix usually go on sale? I am determined to go this year. I got too spoiled last time to miss it again
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:41 pm

^ Website says January 24th, 2019

Source:
https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/coastermania

PreviousNext