TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

To chime in on the annual rehab schedule of Busch Gardens Tampa, it has always been accurate for me and has been a major help in me avoiding a visit with Kumba closed.

Meanwhile I spent a majority of my most recent visit not knowing if Twisted Colossus was down for rehab or mechanical issues.

and SFA used to be my home park as a kid

No wonder you hate Six Flags so much.

I don't know man, I've been to about 2/3 of the parks in the chain, and they all more or less have the same yuckiness to them. I love the coasters at Six Flags parks... I think that they more or less stack up to Cedar Fair as a whole. And most of the RMCs are are at SF parks, so that's a huge leg up. But the advantages and/or similarities end there. Other than the quality of the coasters, nothing about Six Flags is first rate. But by the same token, other parks are 1st class all the way, but just don't have great rides and cater to kids. So what's the point of taking the time to go to a great park just won't give you great rieds?

So not to say that I hate SF parks, but they just generally have a "yuckiness" to them that's hard to describe in words.

^ no, you come across as hating Six Flags, and always seem to have a negative comment on the parks themselves or management.

if you think they "more or less have the same yuckiness to them", then you haven't bothered with a couple of the really high rated US parks: SFOG, and SFFT - both of which are beautiful, and have a great assortment of ride options.

On the topic of Tigris...

I'm really happy to see this ride come to the park. I like the Sky Rocket II coasters more than most (granted, I like them even more without the "comfort" collars), but nonetheless they are smooth, intense coasters that also have a surprisingly not-totally-horrible capacity. BGT locals/fans are really getting spoiled with this and RMC Gwazi next year.

I'm really happy to see this ride come to the park. I like the Sky Rocket II coasters more than most (granted, I like them even more without the "comfort" collars), but nonetheless they are smooth, intense coasters that also have a surprisingly not-totally-horrible capacity. BGT locals/fans are really getting spoiled with this and RMC Gwazi next year.

They are horrible capacity wise. That is a fact. The lines don't get too long, because the ride is not universally loved.

They are horrible capacity wise. That is a fact. The lines don't get too long, because the ride is not universally loved.

yep, agreed with Larry.

I thought Tempesto was "not awful" then 2nd time I got to BGW. . but must admit I only rode it once, while riding other coasters in the park (other than Alpengeist which was also 1 and done) multiple, multiple times.

I think it will be really easy to hit this new coaster in the first hour it's open with a short wait. It's a long, long way from the park entrance, and will be almost invisible from the parking lot or main gate. I would imagine on busy days the line though the line will get longer than Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt in the middle of the day due to poor capacity and new-ness.

I do wish that this was a Crazanity-Style Giant Discovery, and any extra money saved would be spent to extend RMC Gwazi's layout. But having the biggest and best coasters by far will certainly help Busch Gardens establish a bigger presence in the FL Market.

Don't get me wrong, they are by no means "good capacity." I was just speaking from my experiences with Superman and Electric Eel, both of which kept the line moving quite well with good operations (particularly Superman). I wish I recorded it, because that crew was sending out trains every 30-40 seconds.

But you're right, even with the world's fastest ride operators, the ride will never have a high throughput. The lines for both coasters just exceeded my expectations for how fast they were moving relative to what people describe.

I'm very glad I am now aware that Six Flags has 56.25% of the total RMCs

Same.

I always knew my life was missing a random coaster fact. Turns out that was the one. That being said... I LOVE this photo!!

thumb_dxdf7ogwwaia2i2.jpg

Can't wait to give this coaster a spin this summer!

I assume it won't be open in March 2019 when I visit?

What? I can think wishfully!

skyrocket II seem to go up pretty fast (after all, it's really not that much track in too large of a footprint). . .so you never know.

For the record, not that it matters, the Busch/SW parks will have 33.3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333% of all Sky Rocket II coasters.

Just in case anyone was wondering.