Photo TR: Parque Nacional del Café - Colombia

New rollercoaster "Yippe" announce for march 23rd
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Photo TR: Parque Nacional del Café - Colombia

Postby IronWolfman » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Krater looks great and like a fun ride! The park seems to have both Krater and Broca landscaped very well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:47 pm

I guess I'll post this here since this seems to function as the "park thread".... There was a horrific accident on Krater, the parks Gerstlauer Eurofighter, where a disabled rider was thrown from the ride during the first drop and is in critical condition. It says the rider was disabled, but it does not state in what form. The accident was caught on video from distance.

:shockr: :?r

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disabled-man-seriously-injured-horror-10226274

A disabled man is fighting for his life after falling 32ft from a roller coaster.

Laureano de Jesus Ospina suffered severe injuries after he plummeted from the National Coffee Park's Krater roller coaster as it neared the bottom of one of its near-vertical drops.

The horrifying moment he slammed into the ground was caught in shocking mobile phone footage by a visitor to the theme park in Colombia.

He was rushed to the nearby La Sagrada Familia hospital where he is in a "critical" condition.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JuanSe_Colombia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:43 pm

viking86 wrote:I guess I'll post this here since this seems to function as the "park thread".... There was a horrific accident on Krater, the parks Gerstlauer Eurofighter, where a disabled rider was thrown from the ride during the first drop and is in critical condition. It says the rider was disabled, but it does not state in what form. The accident was caught on video from distance.

:shockr: :?r

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disabled-man-seriously-injured-horror-10226274

A disabled man is fighting for his life after falling 32ft from a roller coaster.

Laureano de Jesus Ospina suffered severe injuries after he plummeted from the National Coffee Park's Krater roller coaster as it neared the bottom of one of its near-vertical drops.

The horrifying moment he slammed into the ground was caught in shocking mobile phone footage by a visitor to the theme park in Colombia.

He was rushed to the nearby La Sagrada Familia hospital where he is in a "critical" condition.

It happened during the weekend, the guy who felt doesn't have both legs, so he shouldn't have been allowed to ride. He is still in the hospital. His wife was on national news in Colombia, she said she ask the operators if it was safe for him to ride in his condition. She also caught the accident in video, as did other visitor.
Last edited by JuanSe_Colombia on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:44 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:36 am

^Thanks for the info! Good to hear there was nothing wrong with the ride itself (which is usually the case when these things happen).

I am annoying as f**k!!!

Postby Henry M » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:49 am

So sad I missed out on this park. I passes it while travelling around Columbia. At least I rode some great zip lines.
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby bluebumblebee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 am

Does anybody visited that park last month or so?
51 times on iSpeed :lmao:

Postby JuanSe_Colombia » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

New Family Coaster coming to the park!

I just stumbled across their post in Facebook and youtube announcing the new rollercoaster "Yippe", inspired by the old jeeps that are sometimes still use to transport the bulks of coffee from town to town and growths. the coaster will be opening on march 23rd.
yeppi.jpg

Postby JuanSe_Colombia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:27 am

Hey!

So now that I'm back in Colombia, I finally got to go to the park and meet face to face with Yippe. Yippe is great for family fun, and it really takes advantage of the terrain (it reminded me of Dollywood's FireChaser). It launches out of the station (a first in Colombias by the way) and then does a little turn before climbing up the lift hill. It has a good pace and heard a lot of parents and kids talking about "how fast" it is for a family coaster, which is good. It surprise me that it have about four interactive fountains - one right out of the station, second one just a regular fountain that shoots as you pass by, the third one is really cool since is kind of a "water tunnel" just little fountains that create an arch around the track and the train and the last one is a splash down little the one in Shambbala.

Overall, the park its pretty well keep, beautiful as always, nice staff and rides looking shinny. I'm glad to see that the management does a great job with it and they keep putting more rides.

Hope you enjoy this mini photo trip report.
IMG_0942.jpg
So this is the view from the upper part of the park
IMG_0945.jpg
This is the Coffee museum and of course the Colombian flagship Coffee store Juan Valdez
IMG_0938.jpg
This is the map of the park in case you're wondering how is the layout of the park. (Ignore my breakfast)
IMG_0935.jpg
There is a new skylift right by the entrance to get people to the lower part of the park.This new one seems faster than the other 2.
IMG_0960.jpg
So we are down at the main plaza, and they have this jeeps on display, basically YIPPE is theme to who these jeeps were used to transport coffee from the countryside to the cities.
IMG_0946.jpg
So finally I got a glimpse of Yippe and Is right there next to amazing Krater.
IMG_0974.jpg
So this is the view you get for Yippe.
IMG_0991.jpg
Yippe propelling out of the station. The fountain starts splashing just as they conquer the hill
IMG_0988.jpg
Selfie next to Yippe
IMG_0994.jpg
Krater looking shinny and awesome as always
IMG_0964.jpg
Number Boats got a little expansion and the lagoon looks bluer and have more boats now.
IMG_0998.jpg
One last look at Yippe and you can see the interactive splash down at the end
IMG_1003.jpg
Broca aka Montaña Rusa aka Zambezi Zinger looking good too.
IMG_1047.jpg
Photographers around the park are place to get these cool shots of you and your family. Of course you have to paid for them.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!