TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

From what I've heard, no one has a good time at SFA.

Must be true, I wonder how they have remained open since 1982?

Seriously though....Is it the greatest park out there? No. But to say that nobody has fun there is just a stupid comment. You would seriously have to go into the park with a negative attitude to not have some fun.

^ Seriously though, I feel like every post is now taken 100% literally and met with a response from someone determined to turn it into a life lesson. I have no idea when this happened (Not directed specifically at thrillrider by the way, it's more of a general observation).

From what I've heard, no one has a good time at SFA.

Must be true, I wonder how they have remained open since 1982?

Seriously though....Is it the greatest park out there? No. But to say that nobody has fun there is just a stupid comment. You would seriously have to go into the park with a negative attitude to not have some fun.

tenor.gif

Having ridden both I can safely say I preferred Firehawks double in-line twist, helix and fly to lie over Nighthawks double corkscrew.

Having ridden both I can safely say I prefer being smacked in the face repeatedly with a ball-peen hammer.

Looks like a major renovation is coming to International Street: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/january/international-street-and-royal-fountain-to-get-major-offseason-renovation

I can’t wait to see the outcome. I’m really happy about this.

Oh sweet, I hope they hired the same guys who did the main street renovation at Walibi Holland!

Oh sweet, I hope they hired the same guys who did the main street renovation at Walibi Holland!

Wow, is that ugly. I believe the facades will probably go back to the more authentically European 1972 look with browns and yellows. I hate the horrid, bright colors they have now. The focal point when you walk in should be the Royal Fountain and Eiffel Tower and the buildings should not be visual disruptions to that straight shot, which they are now.

1892744145_KI-InternationalStviews.thumb.jpg.dec75978f98fd9756cc7d33143e6ca9a.jpg

Circa 1976 beauty

In other news, this fake giga video has now been shared on Facebook 34,000 times and a different friend from home texts me nearly every day asking if I’ve heard about Kings Island’s new roller coaster...

9CCD2164-C60E-4740-A4E0-7F6EF25CA777.thumb.png.9f2f039b649b58220861c9e302100017.png

Edited by DBru

I expect to be back at the park again this year. My friend works for P&G and they rent out the park one of the weekends between Summer season and Fright Night. I'm real excited about the front transformation (and the Antique Cars, honestly). I really do enjoy Kings Island as a park more than Cedar Point, though I give the nod to Cedar Point coaster wise.

I don't think the 1972 look is coming back. It looks dated compared to the park's offerings. Not going to happen.

From the blog:

Kings Island’s International Street is set to receive its first complete makeover since the park opened in 1972.

No element of International Street will be left untouched as crews update the Royal Fountain, install more than 130,000 new pavers, improve each building façade and enhance the landscaping. The renovation will take guests back to what Kings Island looked like when the park first opened, allowing guests to discover the magic of International Street again.

I've been trying to figure this out since it was originally posted. The second line makes it sound like they are renovating it to look like it did in '72, but they also say it's the first makeover it's had since the park opened.

I haven't been able to find many '72 pictures so if you guys have more of them or side-by-side comparisons, keep them coming.

Also DBru I'm pretty sure I've already had a friend share the Giga video to me as well, but thankfully most of my FB friends are from CA and could not care less about Ohio coasters. Still, I find it amusing when random FB friends of mine who I rarely talk to share videos of new coasters (or "new coasters") with me as if they would come across the news before me

Oh also they announced that Coasterstock is May 17th and 18th (Don Helbig via FB group). I wish I could go but it's the Friday and Saturday before graduation and I'm having family come from CA to see me graduate, so they wouldn't be too happy if I dipped on them for coasters.