TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe / American Dream Discussion Thread

Brit and I thought that the surf rider at Mall of America was a blast. It was the sleeper hit of the day for us. I’d love one of those.

We were there about a month ago and between nick universe and valleyfair Avatar was our favorite ride

I wouldn't go that far but I could see it. It's a ton of fun.

Well... actually I can't see it but if Log Chute were to randomly explode or disappear into a black hole leaving the rest of the planet perfectly intact then yeah, sure.

Since we went during Halloween the log flume turned into the fog flume. Nick Universe was dark. The rides had lights on and some strobe like lights were on. The Fog Flume had some really cool Halloween effects and lights going. You would of loved it

Brit and I thought that the surf rider at Mall of America was a blast. It was the sleeper hit of the day for us. I’d love one of those.

Glad you liked it! I loved Avatar, despite the spinning. It was just below the threshold of too much spinning and just above the threshold of too much fun.

• 1 month later...

RE: NJ Transit

While there has certainly been lots of talk about adding daily NJT service to the mall, such talks have never been reflected in the budget.

I would certainly expect a (profitable) bus from PANY to be available on opening day, but the train is still a question.

Remember, NJT currently has two rail lines (Atlantic City and Princeton) completely shut down with no re-opening date because they lack equipment and operators to run them.

I just realized this park will have 3 individual LSM launch coasters: Takabisha clone (has launch and lift), mystery blue Intamin (RCDB says it's LSM), and the Intamin surf rider, which does qualify as an LSM launch coaster. Quite impressive, the only parks I can think of that will have that number are SFMM (counting both sides of Superman or counting WCR) and Ferrari World (counting both sides of Fiorano GT Challenge or counting Mission Ferrari whenever that opens).

I know we're all super excited for the 'real' Amusement Park (especially given the forum), but it was also announced that American Dream will be getting the US' Third Kidzania Location! Keep in mind none of the US locations have actually opened yet, but I'm hopeful this time around. Makes sense as these are often located in big mega malls in other locations around the world and it's basically an amusement park for kids!

https://kidzania.us/en/

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently the names of the four American Dream coasters were revealed @ Eastcoaster over the weekend and are as follows:

Shellraiser (Gerstlauer steep ass Eurofighter jawn, themed to TMNT)

The Shredder (Gerstlauer spinning puke machine, also TMNT)

Sandy's Blasting Bronco (Intamin LSM shuttle pretzel thing, themed to Spongebob?)

Slime Streak (Chance family coaster)

Other noteworthy details are that the eurofighter will be the steepest drop in the world @ 122.5 degrees and will have OTSRs, the spinner is 85 feet tall, and rcdb is reporting an Intamin half-pipe is also coming in addition to these four. Sandy's Blasting Bronco has lapbars on 12 person trains.

Sandy's Blasting Bronco (Intamin LSM shuttle pretzel thing, themed to Spongebob?)

Yep.

Other noteworthy details are that the eurofighter will be the steepest drop in the world @ 122.5 degrees and will have OTSRs,

It's because the Takabisha layout is already designed for those trains.

These names are interesting.

I'm not surprised, just pointing it out since some eurofighters do have lapbars.

I remember reading somewhere the launch hardware prevents them from using the lap bar trains. That being said, I'm sure they could do it if someone asked and paid.

I remember reading somewhere the launch hardware prevents them from using the lap bar trains. That being said, I'm sure they could do it if someone asked and paid.

Iirc specifically it's because Takabisha uniquely for Gerstlauer (along with FV Novgorod, also OTSR) uses both a launch system and a lift system so the underside of the already small train is being taken up by the hardware for both so a lapbar system wouldn't fit. So fitting everything in would require reconfiguring/redesigning the clone for the infinity coaster style with which lift+launch combo should be possible with lapbars if Mystic at Walibi RA is to have them. (assuming this is because the infinity coaster doesn't use friction brakes or traditional anti-rollback)

So an over the shoulder lap bar couldn't work?

If you're talking about an overhead lap restraint similar to Dare Devil Dive, those bars stick out to either side, and the ones equipped on Shell Shock in the Mall of America stick out on both sides. Those four-across Euro Fighter trains are a very tight squeeze.

• 4 weeks later...