TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Is it safe to say that you may at least get something new? I mean... sure, whatever that means.

It means they might get a small change to the park like a new restaurant

it isn't that confusing

Also, there is no reason to argue someone every time they suggest a change to the park

Coasterbill seems to be teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer. He's make some negative comments towards me on some of these threads that I have felt are unnecessary. If he misunderstood the post in this case, that's one thing, but he seems to attack pretty quickly.

I think that the post in question was value added. The usage of question marks was a little confusing, but pointing out the fact that CF likes to maintain annual superficial changes in addition to the major ones is a valid point. In contrast, there was an era that parks would go years without changes. Some smaller regional one-off parks don't make annual changes. The fact that SF and CF have a commitment to annual touch ups is worth noting.

teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer

This should be my new username.

Seriously though, we're spending way too much time discussing semantics on a throwaway post that doesn't matter. Nobody should take any of my posts seriously or personally ever. Anyway, I have no idea if Valleyfair will get a new (most likely mediocre) restaurant. If they do hopefully it differs from the rest of the park and actually offers non-fried options that aren't terrible because right now, god damn (even by theme park standards).

I feel like I need to leave a sticky note on my screen reminding me never to post in the Valleyfair thread.

teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer

This should be my new username.

Seriously though, we're spending way too much time discussing semantics on a throwaway post that doesn't matter. Nobody should take any of my posts seriously or personally ever. Anyway, I have no idea if Valleyfair will get a new (most likely mediocre) restaurant. If they do hopefully it differs from the rest of the park and actually offers non-fried options that aren't terrible because right now, god damn (even by theme park standards).

I feel like I need to leave a sticky note on my screen reminding me never to post in the Valleyfair thread.

Its understandable. I'm sure that you're a nice guy in real life, and I know I can be abrasive on these boards too. It just helps to be called out on it from time to time. We're all into coasters here, so we should all be family and be a little nicer to each other. No worries or anything personal.

Coasterbill seems to be teetering very precariously close to the edge of troll from a good faith pot stirrer. He's make some negative comments towards me on some of these threads that I have felt are unnecessary. If he misunderstood the post in this case, that's one thing, but he seems to attack pretty quickly.

My god, you must be new here.

Hey title fairy, are you getting this?

home.gif.7b8b9bd3152e7f3aef630b44c6113afc.gif

Bill is one of our only OG members who doesn't have a custom title. Make it happen!

Hey title fairy, are you getting this?

[attachment=0]home.gif[/attachment]

Bill is one of our only OG members who doesn't have a custom title. Make it happen!

He's a good guy. We just butted heads a few times. Sounds like a good title though. I agree that it should happen.

Its understandable. I'm sure that you're a nice guy in real life...

No, he really is a hopeless pr*ck.

Actually (for the small time I spent with him), coasterbill seemed to be just a good guy that likes to have fun. He just has a wide streak of 'smart ass' running through his body. So of course I liked him instantly.

My god, you must be new here.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a little late, but this thread is dead so I just wanted to point out that after Volcano at KD is gone, VF will no longer be the only Cedar Fair park without a full circuit invert so all people whining about that can be quiet about VF needing an invert (though they still need a new coaster)

It's a little late, but this thread is dead so I just wanted to point out that after Volcano at KD is gone, VF will no longer be the only Cedar Fair park without a full circuit invert so all people whining about that can be quiet about VF needing an invert (though they still need a new coaster)

"Full circuit invert." People are really stretching on that one....

Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Seems like in the past Cedar Fair has usually installed two B&M's in a row because they got a discount for purchasing two at a time. Or maybe they could do that with Intamin or Mack. It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm not sure Cedar Fair was planning on removing Volcano right now and that was one of KD's most popular rides. Big hit for them. That would be like losing Wild Thing or Renegade at VF. Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

I should know better than to post in this thread but they had a conference call yesterday where they addressed this. You should probably read the transcript. You're not going to like it...

Edited by coasterbill

Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Seems like in the past Cedar Fair has usually installed two B&M's in a row because they got a discount for purchasing two at a time. Or maybe they could do that with Intamin or Mack. It will be interesting to see what they do. I'm not sure Cedar Fair was planning on removing Volcano right now and that was one of KD's most popular rides. Big hit for them. That would be like losing Wild Thing or Renegade at VF. Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Valleyfair isn't getting a new major ride. Please just accept this fact.

Maybe now's the time for Cedar Fair to get a deal with B&M!! Anybody think Cedar Fair might go above their capital expenditure goal this next year to more quickly make up the loss at KD? I sure hope any plans for Valleyfair aren't setting set back again due to Volcano closing. I guess we will see!

Yeah nope. Park plans are finalized several years in advance. ICON at Blackpool Pleasure Beach was under planning for 5 years or more iirc. Don’t expect anything to be coming to that site for, oh I dunno, 2022 at the earliest?

Just checked the 2019 building permits for VF and the only one they have issued is for a $75,000 ICEE/COKE building.The Coke refill station in the Route 76 area that was added last year was valued at $16,000 so this one looks like it maybe an actual small building for a Coke/ICEE refill station. They do not have the location listed in the permit. Anyone know where it is going? And does anyone know if this is the last year of the Dino's for VF? This will be year 7 and other CF parks have removed them after having them for that long.