Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am

Yeah, Six Flags seems to have a pretty clear "remove every single top spin in the chain and give the spare parts to Great Adventure" plan. I'm sure that once they run out of parts that one will be gone too. I don't hate the rides but I don't really care all that much either. :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:33 am

:angel:
dnn2031 wrote:Sounds like don't expect second trains on Pred or Viper this year. Some of the first parts for SkyScreamer have been sneaking in, though. Also Rolling Thunder should look a little different in its carriage as it's getting repartitioned into three sections instead of two.

Any word on re-themes?

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am

On Page 16 of the plans of installation it marks that old bridge above Tin Lizzy's (which is labeled as Tin Izzy's :lmao: ) as "covered pedestrian bridge," is it coming back? :omg:
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 am

wsixflags wrote:here are the plans for the installation of sky screamer
http://co.genesee.ny.us/T-01-DAR-1-19.pdf

found on sfneonline.com

If you read into this document far enough, there is a confirmation that Twister is leaving. :(
However, they are apparently putting it into storage, so there may be hope left for Twister returning elsewhere in the park.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 am

Again, no... no there is not. Six Flags has been removing every single Top Spin (like EVERY SINGLE top spin) in the chain one at a time over the last few years and presumably using them for parts for Great Adventure’s ride which will probably join them on the scrap heap once they run out of free parts.

They are removing all of these things at an amazing rate and at no point have they relocated a single one of them. That ride’s fate was sealed as soon as Six Flags came in to operate the park.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Even Cedar Fair has removed a large chunk of their top spins as well. They don't seem to be maintenance friendly.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:16 pm

DarienPoint wrote:On Page 16 of the plans of installation it marks that old bridge above Tin Lizzy's (which is labeled as Tin Izzy's :lmao: ) as "covered pedestrian bridge," is it coming back? :omg:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, that was just being used to point out landmarks in the area for reference. As nice as it would be to have a more scenic route to take again, why would they divert traffic away from their shiny new ride?

For what it’s worth it’s nice to see a new ride in the back corner of the park. It looks like it’s going to be a great addition at a great location. I’m glad Six Flags made the decision to bring a popular request to the park!
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TheDarkMaxim » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Notice the Flash pass line called out on page 14.

Postby rjr19 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:22 pm

dnn2031 wrote:Sounds like don't expect second trains on Pred or Viper this year. Some of the first parts for SkyScreamer have been sneaking in, though. Also Rolling Thunder should look a little different in its carriage as it's getting repartitioned into three sections instead of two.

Any word on ANYTHING getting second trains for 2019??

Oh well, another year of waiting wayyy too long for the coasters :?r
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Sk610 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:28 am

I thought that document was really cool. I know it sounds geeky, but it is interesting to see some of those schematic diagrams showing how they are using existing pieces and how the overall site plan looks.

I will not miss twister at all. It was down more than it was operating the past few years. I will however miss the little waterfall in front of it. I thought that was a nice bit of scenery. Maybe they will move it somewhere else

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!