TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

All kinds of good news. Macho Nacho coming. Johnny Rockets on the Dining plan. New bathroom in Gotham; it got the loudest applause during the ACE event..lol..

1. Where's Macho Nacho supposed to be located?

2. About time

In the place of Last Stand Tacos.

All kinds of good news. Macho Nacho coming. Johnny Rockets on the Dining plan. New bathroom in Gotham; it got the loudest applause during the ACE event..lol..

2. About time

If I remember correctly, Last Stand Tacos did NOT honor the dining pass either, so that plus Johnny Rockets adding the plan is a double win!

2. About time

If I remember correctly, Last Stand Tacos did NOT honor the dining pass either, so that plus Johnny Rockets adding the plan is a double win!

That is correct, LST was NOT on the dining plan.

If anyone would like to see the ACE event video, here you go:

They have to bring back the fire effect for Firebird. I’ll be disappointed if they don’t but not surprised. Maybe SFA should’ve invested in the trains with the vest restraints because there will probably still be headbanging after the corkscrew. I wish someone would have asked if they ever considered getting new trains for minderaser.

The applause for the bathroom was great.

Replacing stunt arena roof. I guess they plan to use it and is certainly a clue that they aren't tearing it down. They may have a plan to use it for more than Awakening.

Fire bird theming will have greenery. Actually planting trees! "Wish we had more trees." HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm getting so many of my low expectation wishes.

Skull mountain is staying but can't promise the fire effect. They started the Firebird conversion as far back as 2017. Interesting stuff.

One pretty interesting thing they mentioned in the video: That funky bootleg support on Apocalypse was made like that to account for the different clearance requirements for the floorless conversion. The original support would have been a bit too close according to the speaker.

One pretty interesting thing they mentioned in the video: That funky bootleg support on Apocalypse was made like that to account for the different clearance requirements for the floorless conversion. The original support would have been a bit too close according to the speaker.

Makes me want to look at a lot of how it was a couple of years ago, then compare it to last.

It's pretty cool that Macho Nacho is coming but I'm still so disappointed that the Fortnite rumor turned out to be false. It would be so easy to add a Fortnite theme to the new additions like making Firebird a battle bus coaster, making Macho Nacho fortnite themed with "burrito loot boxes" and other options. I would love to have a Fortnite Dance Contest take place in the Gotham arena. Even have Fortnite characters do meet and greet photo opportunites. It would be superlit to take a selfie with Skull Trooper.

Here is the description of Macho Nacho from Great Adventure, one of the best restaurants in their park:

"America’s neighbor to the South is known all over the world for creating earthy, delicious, spicy food. Mexican cuisine has become a local favorite no matter which state you live in, but how hot you take it is up to you.

For your culinary journey South of the border, start with the basics. A plate of cheesy nachos dressed with sour cream and salsa is the perfect start to any meal. Next try a burrito stuffed with seasoned rice, black beans, and choice of meat. That intoxicating smell of richly-seasoned chicken and beef coming off the grill is calling your name. You can’t beat a taco salad stuffed with savory ground beef, cheese, shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes. Or just keep it simple with a tasty little chicken, pork or plain cheese quesadilla.

Enjoy our salsa varieties to spice up your meal. Throw in a couple of jalapeños for bonus points. But make sure you have an ice cold Coca-Cola® standing by, because this could be intense. You see, roller coaster riders aren’t the only daredevils."

It's pretty cool that Macho Nacho is coming but I'm still so disappointed that the Fortnite rumor turned out to be false. It would be so easy to add a Fortnite theme to the new additions like making Firebird a battle bus coaster, making Macho Nacho fortnite themed with "burrito loot boxes" and other options. I would love to have a Fortnite Dance Contest take place in the Gotham arena. Even have Fortnite characters do meet and greet photo opportunites. It would be superlit to take a selfie with Skull Trooper.

Can't tell if serious or not...

Macho Nacho from Great Adventure, one of the best restaurants in their park:

I generally like Macho Nacho, but someone needs to adjust their expectations.

What would you say the best restaurant at SFGAdv or SFA is? I would currently say at Great Adventure it is either that or Best in the West. For America, I would say Crazy Horse Saloon or Gold Rush Chicken!

And yes, I'm serious about wanting Fortnite at Six Flags. I am an avid player and would love to see a theme park experience based on it. With Six Flags recent infatuation with VR, featuring a popular video game IP is the next logical step.

Disney has Lefou's Brew, Universal has Butterbeer, Six Flags should have Slurp Juice or Chug Jug!

The dates and some details for this season's seasonal events are up on Six Flags America's website!

July 4th Fest 2019

July 3 through July 6

The park will be open during the event from 10:30 AM to 9 PM, and Hurricane Harbor from 11 AM to 7 PM, with fireworks every night. There will also be some ERT from 9:30 to 10:30 for guests that bring in a Coke product. The July 4th Fest Zone will also return from Noon to 6 PM with activities for families, as well as the After Hours Foam Party, which is an additional cost.

https://www.sixflags.com/america/special-events/july-4th-fest-event

Fright Fest 2019

September 21 through October 27

The website claims Awakening will return at the Gotham City Arena, along with the Trick-Or-Treat Trail and Little Monsters Kiddie Hayride for kids, but I'm unsure if it's actually been updated for this year.

https://www.sixflags.com/america/special-events/fright-fest

Holiday in the Park 2019

November 23 through January 1

The website for Holiday in the Park hasn't been updated yet, but it should be soon.

https://www.sixflags.com/america/special-events/holiday-in-the-park-event

I wish SFA would’ve stuck with the skull island theme in the Chesapeake area in the park. Could’ve gave apocalypse a pirate theme or something correlating.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the park's history, but for year's SFA had the Typhoon Sea Coaster -- in fact it was built by Adventure World before SF purchased the park. It was later renamed to Skull Mountain.

It was basically an Intamin log flume that had turntables that would turn the boat around, and you could experience going forwards and backwards. Believe it or not, the ride had immersive theming too. The tunnels had animatronics and props, and on the outside, they set up entrances to fake shops and warehouses as eye candy to look at when you were floating around. You would drop out of the skull that the Wild One passed under.

The ride was plagued by technical issues. It was always down, breaking down, or were having to evacuate the riders. The staffing level was pretty high too, as there had to be an employee at every turntable. It was a good ride, but I think that the popularity took a hit because of his unreliable it was, and how almost every regular at the point either had been evacuated at one point or knew somebody who had been evacuated from it. So it was inevitable that it would be taken out, and SFA hasn't really added a true dark ride since.

I wish SFA would’ve stuck with the skull island theme in the Chesapeake area in the park. Could’ve gave apocalypse a pirate theme or something correlating.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the park's history, but for year's SFA had the Typhoon Sea Coaster -- in fact it was built by Adventure World before SF purchased the park. It was later renamed to Skull Mountain.

It was basically an Intamin log flume that had turntables that would turn the boat around, and you could experience going forwards and backwards. Believe it or not, the ride had immersive theming too. The tunnels had animatronics and props, and on the outside, they set up entrances to fake shops and warehouses as eye candy to look at when you were floating around. You would drop out of the skull that the Wild One passed under.

The ride was plagued by technical issues. It was always down, breaking down, or were having to evacuate the riders. The staffing level was pretty high too, as there had to be an employee at every turntable. It was a good ride, but I think that the popularity took a hit because of his unreliable it was, and how almost every regular at the point either had been evacuated at one point or knew somebody who had been evacuated from it. So it was inevitable that it would be taken out, and SFA hasn't really added a true dark ride since.

yeah SFA is my home park and I know about skull mountain. I just think they should’ve rethemed apocalypse to something that correlated with the other pirate themed rides (high seas and pirate’s flight).

There is nothing Chesapeake about the Chesapeake area. I agree that a different name for Firebird would have made sense. Even if you called it Chessie and claim that the Chessie sea monster ROARs.

They print new maps every year so what would you change Chesapeake to along with the rides in that area?

I'm thinking you're stuck with Firebird (with a skull mountain) and ROAR.

Two pirate ship rides and "Shipwreck Falls"

Carousel, tea cups, stunt arena, stunt arena, train, and stage are generic.

Skull Mountain was my favorite Six Flags America ride ever! I specifically remember scenes of a pirate in a throne on top of a pile of treasure who would raise and lower his arm, a flying skull in a circle, dummies with long white hair in the stocks, and crocodiles! Awesome theming plus they played the PotC theme in one of the tunnels!

• 1 month later...