American Dream Discussion Thread

P. 22: April 2019 opening is announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: American Dream Discussion Thread

Postby jamesinclair » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm

RE: NJ Transit

While there has certainly been lots of talk about adding daily NJT service to the mall, such talks have never been reflected in the budget.

I would certainly expect a (profitable) bus from PANY to be available on opening day, but the train is still a question.

Remember, NJT currently has two rail lines (Atlantic City and Princeton) completely shut down with no re-opening date because they lack equipment and operators to run them.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:44 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:I can't wait for this to finally open.

That should be the name of the mall at this point...

:lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day & Hersheypark Opening Day

Postby coasterbill » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Here’s a better shot of the Intamin...

B0B052DA-2FA2-4709-943F-37992373595E.jpeg

I’m unable to find the original source so if anyone knows, shout them out.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:14 pm

The big two inversions look like a Skywarp, but I know it'll be way smoother and enjoyable with Intamin's track record.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day & Hersheypark Opening Day

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby JG-77 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:44 pm

It looks kinda like Intamin's interpretation of a Skyrocket II. Very exciting!
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:52 am

Interesting that this version seems a little less inspired than the Sky Rocket II’s or Gale Force. Strange for Intamin. But should be fun nonetheless!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby JG-77 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:40 am

I just realized this park will have 3 individual LSM launch coasters: Takabisha clone (has launch and lift), mystery blue Intamin (RCDB says it's LSM), and the Intamin surf rider, which does qualify as an LSM launch coaster. Quite impressive, the only parks I can think of that will have that number are SFMM (counting both sides of Superman or counting WCR) and Ferrari World (counting both sides of Fiorano GT Challenge or counting Mission Ferrari whenever that opens).
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am

I'm just ready for park tickets and hours to be announced! =) =) =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:37 am

I know we're all super excited for the 'real' Amusement Park (especially given the forum), but it was also announced that American Dream will be getting the US' Third Kidzania Location! Keep in mind none of the US locations have actually opened yet, but I'm hopeful this time around. Makes sense as these are often located in big mega malls in other locations around the world and it's basically an amusement park for kids!

https://kidzania.us/en/

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:07 pm

SharkTums wrote:I know we're all super excited for the 'real' Amusement Park (especially given the forum), but it was also announced that American Dream will be getting the US' Third Kidzania Location! Keep in mind none of the US locations have actually opened yet, but I'm hopeful this time around. Makes sense as these are often located in big mega malls in other locations around the world and it's basically an amusement park for kids!

https://kidzania.us/en/

So will this get y'all out to Dallas? :b

The spinning coaster in this mall looks pretty wild. Don't think I've ever been on one so tall or with such a crazy layout (except maybe the one in Madrid). Hope the launch/lsm coaster is smoother than Takabisha, the first half of that ride almost killed me. And lastly, the Intamin looks a little loopy for me but I bet it will still be fun. Curious to see what kind of train they use.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!