Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Pedrinho and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby JRice92 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 am

coasterbill wrote:You can absolutely hit everything in one day if you get Fastlane Plus. Start at Dragster if it's open because it's going to break down 150 times throughout the day and it could screw up your plans if you save it for last. Get on the first available row. It's infinitely better in the front but just get on it once so you at least got one ride in. If you care you can come back later.

This is the best advice! :lmao:
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:59 am

FWIW, on the day before Coastermania (a Thursday) I was able to hit everything (minus Steel Vengeance, which was closed) WITHOUT Fastlane Plus. Of course, I wasn’t able to do many rerides and spent a lot of time waiting in lines, but I figured that since I had ERT coming up the next day, I’d save a few bucks by not buying FLP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:19 am

Another plan (if you're spending 2-2.5 days there) is to prioritize rope drop (assuming you have a Gold/Platinum pass or are a hotel guest) and make sure to close the park down each other. Do whatever you need to do in the middle of the day... possible even just go back to the hotel/Airbnb and just chill, nap, eat, get work done, etc. The bulk of the groups and crowds are there in the middle of the day, but don't bother to make rope drop or stay late. Granted, it might be cheaper to get the Fastlane than to get an extra day of lodging and burn another day of PTO. But extra time can have its luxury as well.

When my group went to CP last, SteVen was at one train ops so it was off the Fast Lane list. We stayed 2.5 days and more or less did what I suggested, but we may have bought the FL+ if it had SteVen on it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:.. possible even just go back to the hotel/Airbnb and just chill, nap, eat, get work done, etc.

Best advice ever and it's better than our usual lunch/short nap in the car. It's just one more reason why Hotel Breakers is awesome.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby operative_me » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:23 pm

Was looking thru Reddit today and saw that, after years of speculation, the former Hotel Cedars is coming down. It will be interesting to see what they do with the area, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of expanded services for the marina and eliminating the blind curves on that part of the perimeter road.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:30 pm

operative_me wrote:Was looking thru Reddit today and saw that, after years of speculation, the former Hotel Cedars is coming down. It will be interesting to see what they do with the area, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of expanded services for the marina and eliminating the blind curves on that part of the perimeter road.

Thank goodness, those dorms have always been a blight on that area Im surprised they didnt remove them when Valravn was put in.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:08 am

prozach626 wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:.. possible even just go back to the hotel/Airbnb and just chill, nap, eat, get work done, etc.

Best advice ever and it's better than our usual lunch/short nap in the car. It's just one more reason why Hotel Breakers is awesome.

What, you don't like the idea of taking your laptop, answering your boss's emails, responding to clients, and getting a head start on some work during the day?

Postby thrillrider » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:08 am

Yep....
FB_IMG_1547049875174.jpg
Photo credit goes to Brian Poloski at cedarpoint memories
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 am

The park president wrote an article in the Sandusky Register.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:32 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
prozach626 wrote:

What, you don't like the idea of taking your laptop, answering your boss's emails, responding to clients, and getting a head start on some work during the day?

Damn. You sound like my wife. :( I'd still have to take care of all of that after the aforementioned lunch and nap. Basically, I'd have about three hours in the park in the morning and three at night...

PreviousNext