TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The Autos construction site is looking great, firehawk deconstruction has yet to start, racer has received a retrack on the blue sides turn around, and the all new employee dorms are coming along nicely! Also got to test out my new camera from Christmas! Have a happy new year guys and get ready for new rides opening later this year! Also Check it out here:[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

IMG_0047.thumb.JPG.41ca5b177f66946d0499b1398c692a29.JPG

Firehawk train still on site

IMG_0082.thumb.JPG.2f17731d6648fccc79b43649e6f8a330.JPG

Racer retrack!

IMG_0120.thumb.JPG.55f0c9f58e9f7ce788f2d0a1adc62c05.JPG

IMG_0201.thumb.JPG.d48837816690879535f7bf9fdfd71416.JPG

Where exactly are the dorms being built?

You can actually see the dorms being built from the Banshee cam on KI's website, but it's not particularly obvious to those who aren't aware of the site location. It's at the top center-rightish of the screen, just right of the greenhouses (I believe that's what those are):

KI's Banshee Cam

Not as sad as seeing pictures of Dragon Challenge getting scrapped, but still sad.

I wonder how soon we'll start to see other ground work and movement on that giga?

I also wonder if they will issue an off-season picture ban like Cedar Point did with Vengeance. The park is definitely in a more rural area but I can't think of anywhere in particular someone could go to legally spy on the area during the off-season, assuming the cameras are pointed away. Also assuming the biggest portions (viewable from the street) aren't immediately constructed.

KI seemed to encourage the public to see Banshee with the active web cam. I think they were pretty open about Mystic Timbers, too. 'If' anything gets constructed in that area anytime soon I think they'll let everyone see the development. It seems to work for them from an advertising standpoint.

Not as sad as seeing pictures of Dragon Challenge getting scrapped, but still sad.

I wonder how soon we'll start to see other ground work and movement on that giga?

I also wonder if they will issue an off-season picture ban like Cedar Point did with Vengeance. The park is definitely in a more rural area but I can't think of anywhere in particular someone could go to legally spy on the area during the off-season, assuming the cameras are pointed away. Also assuming the biggest portions (viewable from the street) aren't immediately constructed.

There is not much the park could do. The park banned drones flying above the park but since the location is near enough to Great Wolf Lodge, there will be people with drones who do not even have to fly them above the park to get pictures. Also recently an enthusiast in the area who has access to a plane took demolition pictures of Firehawk. But as of right now the only obvious construction work is the dorm, and the demolition of Firehawk.

Well....I guess this answers everybody's question about where firehawk will end up.

Oh wow.. After Eurosat this is the second coaster I rode that is being demolished.. But Eurosat got reborn in a (hopefully, I will see it in April) better way.

So I have mixed feelings about this photo. Sure Firehawk was not a "good" coaster, but too see this as my first flying coaster and the first coaster I ever rode in the States I'm a bit sad to see it being biten into pieces .

So I put all my hopes in Cedar Fair to put something in there that makes everyone riding it proud to have it in their count. Perhaps the replacement will be my son's first coaster overseas!?

This is my fifth demolition on my track record. Screechin Eagle, SOB, Greezed Lighting and Twisted Twins previously.

Edit: Correction, sixth. Forgot that dumb Caripro Scooby Ghoster Coaster.

You watch your mouth! I absolutely LOVED the Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster! I was 17 the first time I rode it and loved every second including the random hard stop in the middle!

This is my fifth demolition on my track record. Screechin Eagle, SOB, Greezed Lighting and Twisted Twins previously.

Edit: Correction, sixth. Forgot that dumb Caripro Scooby Ghoster Coaster.

You watch your mouth! I absolutely LOVED the Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster! I was 17 the first time I rode it and loved every second including the random hard stop in the middle!

Pteranodon Flyers is still running at IOA, so you could get your fill of horrible capacity kiddie coaster there.

I am glad there's photos being shared by folks involved in the removal, so it'll at least east everyone's minds on what happens to the coaster. Besides, on the photo ban on Vengeance, it probably wouldn't make much sense for this coaster since they're not re-profiling existing structure into a new ride. They're just getting rid of it.

Seeee ya. Kings Island has the quantity of coasters, but now it's time to focus on the quality.

If you really enjoyed Firehawk I suggest you take a trip to Carowinds for Nighthawk. You might find that you like it better with the corkscrews.

Seeee ya. Kings Island has the quantity of coasters, but now it's time to focus on the quality.

If you really enjoyed Firehawk I suggest you take a trip to Carowinds for Nighthawk. You might find that you like it better with the corkscrews.

Funny how opinions differ. The corkscrews on Nighthawk were actually the exact reason I prefer Firehawk and Batwing! They felt so unnatural and awkward and really tossed you around uncomfortably.