Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1814 - Orion Giga Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 24 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Well....I guess this answers everybody's question about where firehawk will end up.
FB_IMG_1546558436922.jpg
Photo credit goes to KI Central
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:41 pm

And Dorney Park, Valleyfair, and Michigan's Adventure fans everywhere wept...
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dorneyparkrules » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:58 pm

LOL! I already known that Firehawk was getting scrapped from when KI announced it was closing. Not a surprise to me
Former Dorney Park Employee
2013- Thunder Canyon
2014- Steel Force, Possessed, Monster, and Revolution
2015- Stinger, Cedar Creek Flyers, Revolution, and Steel Force
2017- Possessed and Monster

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:09 pm

thrillrider wrote:Well....I guess this answers everybody's question about where firehawk will end up.

I knew it would be Diggerland!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:20 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
thrillrider wrote:Well....I guess this answers everybody's question about where firehawk will end up.

I knew it would be Diggerland!

:nina:
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:53 am

Not as sad as seeing pictures of Dragon Challenge getting scrapped, but still sad.

I wonder how soon we'll start to see other ground work and movement on that giga? ;)

I also wonder if they will issue an off-season picture ban like Cedar Point did with Vengeance. The park is definitely in a more rural area but I can't think of anywhere in particular someone could go to legally spy on the area during the off-season, assuming the cameras are pointed away. Also assuming the biggest portions (viewable from the street) aren't immediately constructed.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:59 am

KI seemed to encourage the public to see Banshee with the active web cam. I think they were pretty open about Mystic Timbers, too. 'If' anything gets constructed in that area anytime soon I think they'll let everyone see the development. It seems to work for them from an advertising standpoint.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:45 am

It probably doesn't work this way, but wouldn't it be a Hoot if the Firehawk steel pieces are melted down at the Batavia plant and made into the new track pieces for the upcoming B&M! :)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby kenban » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:53 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Not as sad as seeing pictures of Dragon Challenge getting scrapped, but still sad.

I wonder how soon we'll start to see other ground work and movement on that giga? ;)

I also wonder if they will issue an off-season picture ban like Cedar Point did with Vengeance. The park is definitely in a more rural area but I can't think of anywhere in particular someone could go to legally spy on the area during the off-season, assuming the cameras are pointed away. Also assuming the biggest portions (viewable from the street) aren't immediately constructed.

There is not much the park could do. The park banned drones flying above the park but since the location is near enough to Great Wolf Lodge, there will be people with drones who do not even have to fly them above the park to get pictures. Also recently an enthusiast in the area who has access to a plane took demolition pictures of Firehawk. But as of right now the only obvious construction work is the dorm, and the demolition of Firehawk.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Oh wow.. After Eurosat this is the second coaster I rode that is being demolished.. But Eurosat got reborn in a (hopefully, I will see it in April) better way.
So I have mixed feelings about this photo. Sure Firehawk was not a "good" coaster, but too see this as my first flying coaster and the first coaster I ever rode in the States I'm a bit sad to see it being biten into pieces :omg: .

So I put all my hopes in Cedar Fair to put something in there that makes everyone riding it proud to have it in their count. Perhaps the replacement will be my son's first coaster overseas!?
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!