NEWS: City Museum Sold to Premier Parks

Unique St. Louis attraction takes on new owners
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: NEWS: City Museum Sold to Premier Parks

Postby JG-77 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Let’s just be glad it wasn’t bought by Parque Reunidos...
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Kind of on the fence about this. Cool to see it have a 'big' owner but as Robb has said, having a corporation own it, could kill this place off.

I feel like this place is something that you dont need to market, but just let word of mouth do the marketing. I was taught that word of mouth is the best marketing for business. I told everyone in my family about city museum after the tpr trip in 2017.

A.J. wrote:From what they have listed on their website, the big one is the age restriction. Anyone under 16 years of age has to be accompanied by someone 18+, and they verify this with an ID check. As part of their policies, adults "are responsible for [their children's] conduct and well being". Then there are various minimum / maximum height and age restrictions for certain slides and ball pits.

See for yourself: https://www.citymuseum.org/visit/policies-and-restrictions/

This is completely necessary though. When this is one of the slides there, you need those restrictions.
received_128119304385188.jpeg
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:50 am

^ That's not even the craziest slide if you ask me. There was this freaky one with a near vertical drop and an airtime hump going into what looked like a boiler room. I remember that one had a 48" height requirement and for good reason.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: City Museum Sold to Premier Parks

Postby Jew » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:16 am

robbalvey wrote:
A.J. wrote:I guess the point I was trying to make about Pacific Park was that being operated by Premier Parks hasn't seemed to ruin it. People still love going there. It still has that appeal.

There was never anything remotely risky about Pacific Park. That was place always "played it safe" as it's basically a small Morgan coaster with an assortment of off-the-shelf Zamperla-like kiddie rides. The park could practically run itself as far as the attractions go and the safety of those rides.

City Museum is a totally different type of animal.

We always said that City Museum only existed because corporate America and lawyers hadn't discovered it yet...

...and now they have.

That's what I was getting at. I'm bummed that I never made it to City Museum before this ownership change, because I highly highly doubt there won't be changes coming. I'm sure whatever the safety department at Premier Parks is called is going to have a field day there...

Also seems like this sale is the result of one of the founders estate and the other founder going through a legal battle over the profits.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:23 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ That's not even the craziest slide if you ask me. There was this freaky one with a near vertical drop and an airtime hump going into what looked like a boiler room. I remember that one had a 48" height requirement and for good reason.

I dont think this is the same slide as you are talking about, but i know this one had a little airtime hump towards the bottom of the slide.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby humphreyhawk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Not only I'm a concerned about the Museum going forward.

I can't image a coorperation being able to build another place like that anywhere else. That entire place is a piece of art. Even if they use the creative team....the insurance and legal departments will never approve anything like that again.

That place has already proven it doesn't need marketing. An attraction like that does fine by with word of month in the social media age.
I do not think it means what you think it means

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!