TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Could this mean a new look for Viper’s trains in 2019. Those wraps looked nice when they were put on back in 2013(?), but recently, they’ve really been peeling bad and don’t quite look as nice anymore.

Yeah, you can find a bunch of vynil shreds near it's Fright Fest exit. I'd be lying if I said that there isn't a bit on my phone.

Were these vinyl shreds there during the season? I don’t recall seeing it when I rode Viper a few times at Fright Fest.

Also, are there any updates on two train ops on coasters, prep work for SkyScreamer, or the transition to SFDL?

^ I know the wraps haven't been in the best condition, since people seem to obsess over peeling them, but I don't remember them being so bad that it looked beaten up. It seems to have (based on my recollection) typical wear and tear - especially since they've been in use like that for almost 4 years. That stuff isn't 100% permanent as much as we would like it to be.

^ I know the wraps haven't been in the best condition, since people seem to obsess over peeling them, but I don't remember them being so bad that it looked beaten up. It seems to have (based on my recollection) typical wear and tear - especially since they've been in use like that for almost 4 years. That stuff isn't 100% permanent as much as we would like it to be.
Compared to the peeling paint and dusty fans in the viper station, I never really noticed the peeling train wrap.

I agree it wasn’t too bad looking, but some cars were starting to really show the solid green paint underneath. Glad to see that Six Flags is obviously paying close attention to even smaller scale issues within the park, such as peeling train wraps. Unfortunately, knowing SF, they’ll probably just paint both trains some solid color and call it a day. But who knows, maybe they are just getting new wraps. I really like the looks the wraps bring, and hope they are just getting new wraps installed!

Overall, I can’t wait to see the changes Six Flags puts into the park over the off-season. The place has been in need of some help and maybe SF will actually come to the rescue!

Glad to see that Six Flags is obviously paying close attention to even smaller scale issues within the park, such as peeling train wraps. But who knows, maybe they are just getting new wraps. I really like the looks the wraps bring, and hope they are just getting new wraps installed!

Overall, I can’t wait to see the changes Six Flags puts into the park over the off-season. The place has been in need of some help and maybe SF will actually come to the rescue!

Who said they are doing anything to it?

Glad to see that Six Flags is obviously paying close attention to even smaller scale issues within the park, such as peeling train wraps. But who knows, maybe they are just getting new wraps. I really like the looks the wraps bring, and hope they are just getting new wraps installed!

Did you not just see the last page? They took the vynil wraps off.

The only thing is, blue train has barley seen the light of day, so it couldn't be peeling that bad. But it's the one they have unwraped, so I'm thinking they may just be repainting the trains.

Remember how they used one blue car towards the end of the year because one of the orange ones was broken? I noticed that the wrap in it actually wasn’t looking too great and was pretty peeled. I was surprised since it only ran for what? Two seasons at the most? Surprising how fast people manage to ruin nice things.

384CFC29-22B7-4AC4-8263-988448494B39.thumb.jpeg.335cf1b0aeb289d0e8b06c801de6ddc6.jpeg

Here’s what I was talking about. One car had a blue stripe for about the last month of the season.

It "appears" to be off of one car on one train. There's also a blue shell on the orange train. As stated before, the blue train hasnt been used in over 4 years. Its not necessarily an indicator of what may or may not happen to it.

It "appears" to be off of one car on one train. There's also a blue shell on the orange train. As stated before, the blue train hasnt been used in over 4 years. Its not necessarily an indicator of what may or may not happen to it.

Actually, it was used in 2016, instead of the orange train. Only 2 years and as dnn said a while back, it was about 95 percent ready to be used in 2018.

^ that makes me wonder what that extra 5% was that couldn’t be achieved to get the blue train ready to roll for the busier times of the season, namely Fright Fest which brought crazy long lines for Viper.

If the train was that close to ready, then I’m not buying the decision to not get it in operable condition.

^ that makes me wonder what that extra 5% was that couldn’t be achieved to get the blue train ready to roll for the busier times of the season, namely Fright Fest which brought crazy long lines for Viper.

If the train was that close to ready, then I’m not buying the decision to not get it in operable condition.

Who knows, it is Darien Lake maintenance after all. They aren’t known to make the most sense. Hopefully now that the park has Six Flag’s name plastered on all the signs and in the park’s name, we can see a better push for things like both trains if they are both ready or close to ready to go. I don’t think SF would want their WNY brand image to be the crappy conditions that DL has had for the past few years now. I think they’ll try at least a little bit to class up the joint a bit, even if it means ads plastered everywhere .