TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

https://docplayer.pl/71051355-Rozbudowa-parku-rozrywki-energylandia-w-zatorze-tom-1-tematyzacja.html

^^^ This is a theming conception of the new part of Energylandia. We got it today from a new forum member of Skyscrapercity.

So... it is a file that should not be out but it went out, so I will try to translate the most important things.

The park will be divided into four parts (elements): Fire, Water, Air, Earth each zone will be divided into three subzones.

1.1 THE ENTRANCE ZONE AND THE POSITIVE ENERGY SQUARE

The entrance zone located in the south-eastern part of the complex was divided into 3 parts. The first of them is a square with an entrance gate - monumental four pylons, symbolizing the elements. The second shopping arcade. The whole is maintained in the architectural style

metaphorically reflecting the features of the four elements. Sustainable use of such

materials like wood, stone, corten, vertical green walls emphasizes the nature of the elements and theirs nature. Passing through a shopping and service street, we come to Positive Energy Square -

third part of the entrance zone. The Energy Center building located on the square symbolizes the sum all elements

From here they lead the entrance gates to each of the elements - the world of 4 Elements.

1.2 FIRE

It is the element of power, determination and courage.The source of energy, the divine spark. Areadivided into modules

themed O1, O2, O3,

01. Gods of Fire

Module inspired by ancient cultures associated with beliefs in the gods of fire and sun,

subordinated to their strength. Maintained in the monumental stylistics of the temple of the phantastics,

providing an exciting meeting with the rulers of fire and sun.

Materials used fort the finish is: stone and boulders (with warm colors), gold applications with accents of red and black.

The indispensable elements complementing the set design are the spells of fire, torches, fiery totems.

Dominant colors: sand, red, gold, yellow, black. Musical background - instruments sounds

wind, drums, rattles (music of pre-Columbian cultures).

Main attractions:

• Arena of horse shows - Atara Arena

Hippodrome as a coliseum-arena, where races take place, chariot races,

quadrants and gladiator fights. In the intervals between the main shows: swallows fire jugglers, etc.

• Spining Coaster - Feast of Gods / Revenge of Gods

Extreme ride, which has two views, just like the Hindu god of fire Agni has two

faces - calm and violent. A calm beginning and end, interwoven with divine anger

- revolutions, fiery cornering.

• Playground - Labyrinth of the Sun - A Fiery Maze

Small attractions:

• Interactive carousel - Fireballs of the Shaman Carousel with fireball shaped seats, painted in fiery colorsa and referring thematically to the subject of fire and sun.

Educational attractions:

• Face painting - Indian / geometric / totemic motifs

• Musical Circle - drums / rattles / stone cymbals

•Augean stables - facilities for horse shows, boxes for horses and sled, opportunity

feeding horses by children,

• educational - interesting facts about horses.

• Sundial - a great sundial,

02. Dragon's Castle

The module is inspired by medieval architecture and urban planning of northern Europe and legends about dragons. An urban foundation referring to the street from that period, the castle's bailey and the ruins. Materials used for finishing are: stone and wood (with cool colors),

metal applications with touches of brown and red (rusty, patina-scratched elements)

equipment inside). The essential elements complementing the set design are torches,

arches, torches, smoky, small elements of set design blackened by smoke and fire. wrought

metal grilles, gargoyles and dragon-shaped gargoyles complete the character of Dragon

Castle. Dominant colors: gray, brown, red, black. Musical background - instruments sounds

medieval, panting and murmurs of dragons, sounds of medieval workshops.

Main attractions:

• Mine Train - Dragon Sign / Fiery Dragon

Roller coaster based on the motive of a ruined and burned castle captured by

dragons. On the way we pass caverns and fire-breathing caves, traces of knights fighting with dragons,

ruins of a big castle.

• Dark Ride - Dragon's Crystal - Journey to the Dragon's Grotto

• Little Monorail - Hatchery of the dragons

Small attractions:

• Mini Roller Coaster

attraction for small children - a ride over miniature medieval villages, stronghold, castles

• Carousel - Little Dragons

Educational attractions:

• Dragon Garden - Benedictine herb garden

• Workshops - Forge, Payer, minting coins

• Medieval School - Dragon Anatomy lessons, types and occurrence of Dragons

in various cultural circles, old tales and legends

O3 - Volcanic Islands

A module inspired by the culture of Polynesian volcanic islands. Attractive scenery using nnatural qualities of the exotic atolls, islands and villages of Oceania. Topics resulting from the merger

hot world of sun, volcanoes and lava. Scenery elements used in the frame

and thematization of all attractions, and in architectural and interior design are: wooden buildings stylized into Polynesian country huts, ethnic sculptures and totems. Nature reminiscent of volcanic landscapes, hills and rock formations, partly overgrown

vegetation (mosses, lichens, vines, ferns, lianas). Rivers and cascades of water, lava, hot springs and geysers. Materials used for finishing are: volcanic rocks (from dark-brown to black), lava, wooden or bamboo constructions, natural fabrics - batik. On the beach burning fires. Dominant colors: red, brown, black. Musical background - Polynesian music, Hawaiian, sound effects, i.e. the murmur of volcanoes, the eruption's roar and the volcano's explosion.

Main attractions

• Mega Coaster - Mega Vulcan

An extreme mega coaster - subordinated to the Hawaiian, capricious goddess of fire

and Pele volcanoes. In the culminating points, the passage of the queue triggers the eruptions passed

volcanoes (flames, fireworks) or other illumination effects and "fiery" obstacles

e.g. a flight through flaming circles.

• Dark Water Ride - The Mystery of the Volcano

Underground river rafting, in an atmosphere of mystery and with visual and sound attractions,

related to geological and archaeological phenomena. Participants enter

the interior of the volcanic mountain, and then in boats / rafts, travel the underground river,

to the climax - the core of the earth (with bubbling lava, bang of explosion, high

temperature).

Small attractions

• Tilt'Whirl carousel - volcanic stones

The volcanic stones that are lurking around their own axis, flowing on the lava river

• Mini falling tower

A small volcano that evokes a lot of emotions

Educational attractions

• Hermit hut - standing on the sidelines, on the extinct volcano hut. Inside a hermit

telling old legends from the Oceanic Islands

• Handicraft workshops - beads from volcanic tuff, bamboo, wood, Hawaiian

necklaces, ethnic tattoos etc, sculpting MiniTotems

• Volcano Anatomy - multimedia display (construction, cross-section, eruption)

1.3 WATER

It's cleansing, feelings, subconsciousness and emotions. How our emotions flow,

they are variable and mobile.

The sector, whose leitmotif is water. Divided into three thematic modules W1, W2 and W3, inspired by coastal regions and their architecture, fairy tales, fictional creatures and the legends of the deep waters. All components of the sector, i.e. towns and transport routes, main and small attractions, elements of small architecture, greenery, etc. reflect the nature of the element, at the same time emphasizing the differences that govern variable and mobile water.

W1 - Great Blue

... And here the file is cut for now, maybe we'll get the rest soon

!Important!

please treat this file with a distance because we do not know too much about it, Energylandia is like to change decissions really fast... we know only that the "Dragon's Castle" section is kind of confirmed by local authorities.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never been the biggest fan of all the rolls in Rocky Mountain's coasters but those rolls-into-turns that this coaster has may change my mind. They just appear to flow so well.

It looks amazing! Not that I expected anything less from RMC. Reminds me of a cross between Goliath (SFGAm) and Hakugei! I can't wait to see this thing built. When it's done, I'd argue that Energylandia will have one of the if not the best 1-2 punch in Europe!

Side note: Anyone else realize the Schwur Des Karnan music playing throughout the video? Seems like it was being played by whoever recorded it, but that's still a bit odd. Not going to complain though, as Karnan probably has my favorite coaster soundtrack ever

Dangggggg this park keeps getting better and better. Interesting that this time around, they're building a wooden structure but going with IBox track instead of Topper Track. Definitely a win regardless, but I do kind of prefer the slightly crazier feeling you get with Topper Track.

Was going to try and plan a trip here for next spring, but I might just hold off for 2020 for this. Then again, at the rate this park is adding awesome new stuff...

Seems to me that Europe allows more RMC Unleashed. I mean Wildfire and this coaster look so much better then Lightining Rod, Goliath or Outlaw Run.

Energylandia really worked itself on my radar I might find my way to there sometime in the future.

I know it's not at all the popular opinion, but I'm really not a fan of a lot of what RMC has been doing. Don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff (I think Twisted Cyclone is perfect, love iRat, and quite enjoy NTaG & Goliath). But one of my biggest nitpicks are all the really weird little direction changes in the middle of elements. I think those take away from the flow of the ride. Just smoothly shape the element to get from the desired entry point to the exit. Sometimes I wonder if they haven't borrowed Ron Toomer's coathanger. (And if you think that's extreme, just imagine riding an RMC with Arrow OTSR's and how much headbanging you'd get on a lot of the transitions vs how an Arrow would ride with just lapbars.)

^^I don’t disagree with you. As fun as Steel Vengeance is, that weird trackwork is what keeps it from being one of my top...3?...coasters. Something about those mid-element kinks just feels clunky and cheap to me in a way that separates their coasters from the intense masterpieces from Intamin.

I know it's not at all the popular opinion, but I'm really not a fan of a lot of what RMC has been doing. Don't get me wrong, they've done some great stuff (I think Twisted Cyclone is perfect, love iRat, and quite enjoy NTaG & Goliath). But one of my biggest nitpicks are all the really weird little direction changes in the middle of elements. I think those take away from the flow of the ride. Just smoothly shape the element to get from the desired entry point to the exit.

I know less about roller coaster engineering than I did a few years ago, but based on logic...

Slightly wonky trackwork is an unfortunate consequence of using an existing structure to create a new ride. Sometimes getting the track and clearances to line up with a particular area of the support structure becomes more important than a completely smooth and lateral-free transition, especially on a coaster like Steel Vengeance that relies so much on track that runs underneath and / or through the lower points of the structure. Twisted Cyclone is the only Rocky Mountain coaster I've ridden so far but I'd be willing to bet that their brand-new coasters (Outlaw Run, Lightning Rod, Goliath) have smoother transitions than their renovations because they have control of both the track layout and the support structure.

Twisted Cyclone is the only Rocky Mountain coaster I've ridden so far but I'd be willing to bet that their brand-new coasters (Outlaw Run, Lightning Rod, Goliath) have smoother transitions than their renovations because they have control of both the track layout and the support structure.

You are correct. I've been on two of the four ground-up ones (missed Lightning Rod but not for lack of trying, and Wildfire

...well, I'll get there someday), and they are very smooth. Steel Vengeance and Storm Runner especially have weird transitions that make for a pretty unpredictable ride. I kind of love that, but maybe I just like to be punished....

This is the map of probable location of all this stages, zones and modules

The first stage : three modules of fire , one module of water

Second stage : Themed hotel

Third stage : Themed hotel, museum of carp (yes... that fish), parkings

Fourth stage : Entrace zone, one module of water, two "X" ( Earth or Air ) modules, one "Y" module (Earth or Air)

Fifth stage : year-round water park

Sixth stage : one "X" module, one module of water, two "Y" modules

??? : Maybe festival zone ( btw. there will be two festivals in 2019 )

80FoAzP.jpg

It still amazes me how they seem to be building these huge rides in such a short time interval as if it was nothing.

The layout looks great. I don't think it has anything that we haden't seen before on an RMC but that's not bad at all given how awesome their rides are (at least the ones I've been to).

This might be a good opportunity for me to finally try an "original" wooden RMC as I've only ridden hybrids.

• 1 month later...

Construction for Zadra (The RMC) already started, and the coaster could probably open late 2019, with the full themed area expected to open spring 2020.

1eba1cd998a90a0e.jpg

Source: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=155270868&postcount=17512

But what about all the other announched new rollercoasters expected for Energylandia in the future?

I read many different messages from many different sources and all telling something different.

Some say the launched Vekoma could also open in 2020, but others tell it will be 2021 or even 2022.

What is the date the themepark themselfs have told the world?

And what about the future Vekoma tiltcoaster and minetrain?

^^ that photo is photoshoped

Wooden - propably 2019 (officialy 2020)

Launch - propably 2020 (that will be clone of Shockwave but with one more launch added at the beginning with few curves and bigger capacity)

So I would suggest you to wait for Tilt and mine train in 2022, 2023. For me those are, for now, distant future... but you never know

Plus - festivals are back in this year, you can buy the tickets for two of them ( https://ticket.energylandia.pl/80-90 ) The rest will be announced soon.

I told myself I'm going to wait until 2020 to visit this park for the RMC, but at the rate they keep building things, it seems like there'll always be something to look forward to. That new Vekoma sounds awesome too.

Yes, that is also my problem.

But for now my first visit to Energylandia will be in 2020 for sure. I can't wait any longer to ride Hyperion and that RMC.

If you want to wait till construction is over in Poland, it is the same situation like in Orlando, construction never stops.

Here is a pic of the Zadra construction from yesterday.

QvZBYrq.jpg

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=155342012&postcount=17538