SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:25 am

SeaWorld knocks it out of the park with their animal experiences.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:05 pm

They are a few years late with this, but that is a really cool thing to offer to all guests. I did something similar for Sea World San Diego a few years ago on a media tour and it was fascinating. This should have been the immediate response to Blackfish, showing how much overall good they do...

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 am

Jew wrote:They are a few years late with this, but that is a really cool thing to offer to all guests. I did something similar for Sea World San Diego a few years ago on a media tour and it was fascinating. This should have been the immediate response to Blackfish, showing how much overall good they do...

Yeah, I feel like the blackfish reactionary people are just armchair animal rights activists/SJW's who have never lifted a finger to actually protect any animals in their lives. They want animals on their plate, extinct, or where they can't see them. I personally think that incorporating exotic and endangered animals into shows and in viewing areas is a good way to keep them in the public's eyes and increases support for their preservation.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:20 pm

SeaWorld definitely appears busy with school vacation. I don't think I have ever seen Mako with anything more than a 5-10 minute wait.

I was curious why Infinity Falls wasn't listed and the ride page explains why; it is temporarily down due to maintenance.
Screenshot_20181227-181755.png
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:14 am

I went to SeaWorld after work on Friday the 28th. I kind of wanted to see what the park would be like with some lines, I wanted to pick a day it would be open until 10 PM, and I wanted to get a chance to do the Christmasfest. Here's my experience:

Kraken 8x: This was the first time I've ever seen this with a line, but it still never got above 20 minutes even at the peak. Four of the eight were in the front row. I snuck on the front as a single rider when I saw an empty seat, and the last three were absolute walk-ons. I'd say from 9-10 PM everything was an absolute walk-on, like you'd expect normally at SWO.

Mako 5x: Again, maybe 20-25 minutes at most. I think I got in the back once, and I snuck on the front once when I hawked an empty seat. I bought a beer and drank it in line twice, so that helped with the waits.

Manta x2: Maybe 25-30 minutes of wait time. This consistently had a line all day, but never got too bad.

Journey to Atlantis x1: Surprisingly, I saw a line for this where the queue house was getting pretty full and they were posting an hour wait. Very surprising as I've never been on this when it wasn't a walk-on. I got a lap in at 9:30 when it was a walk-on though.

Ice dancing Christmas show: This was in the stadium where I think that they do the Shamu show. I actually thought it was very good. I'm also a big fan of good shows and a chance to sitdown, relax, and enjoy myself.

So I wouldn't worry about crowds too much. Its a 365 park, and I've usually gone on the weekends, and its still always been pretty dead. This was the most crowded I've seen it, and it still wasn't too bad.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:58 am

Out of curiosity, was that busy enough for them to open the second side of Manta's load platform?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:12 am

It's tricky. Sometimes they'll run one train per side, sometimes they'll run two trains on the same side. I think it all depends on how many team members they have available to work, since you basically need double the staffing to run both sides.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:36 am

Agreed. I did visit around Thanksgiving last year and they were still only using one side (albeit with two trains).

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:44 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Out of curiosity, was that busy enough for them to open the second side of Manta's load platform?

I've been five times in 2018, and I believe that both sides have been open every single time, even though as I was saying the park is usually deserted when I go. It won't open with both sides running, but after an hour or two they open the other side up to. Manta is one of the few rides that actually does get a line there. Its the first ride that the GP sees when they enter the park, and its slow to load. Without the second station open even with two trains it becomes a low capacity ride. The only two other rides that get lines are the penguin dark ride and the river rapids ride (mainly because the river rapids ride just opened). Its amazing to me how dead Kumba, Montu, Kraken, and Mako usually are. They range from complete walk-ons where even the front is a walk-on, to complete walk-ons to 20-30 minutes tops. Well, obviously I wouldn't be surprised if they get to an hour if you really don't do your homework and go on crowded days.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:14 am

Ah I usually I either rope drop Manta or come back in the late afternoon, figuring it gets the heaviest crowds right after it opens.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!