TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Out of curiosity, I tried to find the most frigid day without rain or snow since Drop Line opened and I found December 31, 2017. The high was 30 degrees and the low was 17 degrees. The only two rides that opened were Blazing Fury and Drop Line (that Barnstormer thing has to be an error). However, Drop Line did close due to weather during the last hour of park operation.

Even if it isn't quite 5 degrees, they'll run that ride longer than any other outdoor ride.

December 31, 2017

Out of curiosity, I tried to find the most frigid day without rain or snow since Drop Line opened and I found December 31, 2017. The high was 30 degrees and the low was 17 degrees. The only two rides that opened were Blazing Fury and Drop Line (that Barnstormer thing has to be an error). However, Drop Line did close due to weather during the last hour of park operation.

Even if it isn't quite 5 degrees, they'll run that ride longer than any other outdoor ride.

December 31, 2017

I was there that day. Also - January 4th 2018 I believe was colder yet and it ran then too. Not sure it got out of the 20s.

^ The one thing that makes me think it could be something more is the fact that they've already changed the fronts once.

While it looks ugly in its current configuration, it's running and having the wide open front should make the front row experience even better.

Yeah I agree. The new fronts were only on for a month or so unless those where only temporary and weren't working out. No need to refurbish those yet! I believe it's something more than that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

So I finally got to ride Lightning Rod. First, I ALMOST didn't make as I struggled with the seatbelt. Held up the train and all but it finally clicked. RMC sure did humble my A$$ so off to the gym I go . . .

Congrats on you deciding to get in shape. I think that you won't regret it and will be a lot happier with how you feel afterwards. My main piece of advice is to remember that losing fat is about 80% what you eat, and only about 20% hard work at the gym. Hard work at the gym is necessary, but you really won't see any results until you clean up your diet. Just my two cents. Happy to see that you get on LR.

Has there been any new clues for the passholder preview date for Wildwood Grove? I saw the latest update on Screamscape and it looks like there is a way to go. I want to be there for the preview, but I need to give some notice to work

Has there been any new clues for the passholder preview date for Wildwood Grove?

I'd expect it to be like any other year. The day before official opening.

If the plan is for WG to open with the park in March, pass holder day would be the Friday (Mar 15) before opening weekend (Mar 16).

But no official opening date for the area yet, so just speculation.

But that's the best bet for a pass holder exclusive. Any later date would mean controlling entry to the area separate from the main entry and that's less likely.

Edited by TEDodd